IGNORED

Electric Push Cart?

I am thinking about getting an electric motorized pushcart. Actually, what I want is a Alphard V2 to convert my ClicGear 8.0 to a motorized pushcart. Does anyone have one? Are they worth it ($800)? I am in pretty good shape, and I don't really need it because of fatigue or anything its more to get my cart in position on tees and greens and truly because it looks like a cool toy. I walk 90% of my rounds probably 100 walking rounds a year at least.

So.. thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I've heard good things about the Alphard, and if you like your ClicGear, they're a good addition.

Plus it only lowers the CG a bit, making your cart a bit more stable.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

if you are a not fatigued walking a course with your push cart and there is no hindrance to your play. Why bother? 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I talked to a fellow last week that had an Alphord and he said he liked it a lot. I didn't ask him if it was wearing the front wheel at all during stationary turns and didn't get to speak to him for very long. He said he bought his used. My opinion, which you paid little for and may be worth less, is that any of these powered carts and devices are better if the front wheel can swivel. But, that's the cart, not the Alphord.

19 hours ago, NM Golf said:

I am thinking about getting an electric motorized pushcart. Actually, what I want is a Alphard V2 to convert my ClicGear 8.0 to a motorized pushcart. Does anyone have one? Are they worth it ($800)? I am in pretty good shape, and I don't really need it because of fatigue or anything its more to get my cart in position on tees and greens and truly because it looks like a cool toy. I walk 90% of my rounds probably 100 walking rounds a year at least.

So.. thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Friend of mine has that setup, he loves it!  

I have the Stewart Golf Q4 follow and love it, but it is very expensive. And other golfers at the club have the Q10 follow, looks like R2D2 but are also very expensive.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

(edited)
On 4/15/2022 at 9:36 PM, jmanbooyaa said:

if you are a not fatigued walking a course with your push cart and there is no hindrance to your play. Why bother? 

It's more about being able to position my cart while playing more than anything else. For example being able to move the cart around greens, tee boxes, etc. Not having to walk back and get my cart on the wrong side of the green would be very helpful. 

Not to mention I am not getting any younger and the course where I play does have its fair share of elevation changes. It would be nice to not have to push my cart up those hills.

Edited by NM Golf
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

2 hours ago, NM Golf said:

It's more about being able to position my cart while playing more than anything else. For example being able to move the cart around greens, tee boxes, etc. Not having to walk back and get my cart on the wrong side of the green would be very helpful. 

Not to mention I am not getting any younger and the course where I play does have its fair share of elevation changes. It would be nice to not have to push my cart up those hills.

I don’t have the Alphord but I can say that my Zip Navigator is the next best thing to having a caddy. And I don’t have to buy it a beer after the round. 

16 hours ago, Zippo said:

I don’t have the Alphord but I can say that my Zip Navigator is the next best thing to having a caddy. And I don’t have to buy it a beer after the round. 

If you start to hear it give you distance and club recommendations, then buy it a beer.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

43 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

If you start to hear it give you distance and club recommendations, then buy it a beer.

Or you should stop drinking beer for the day. 

• Funny 1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

THE PROGRESSION OF GOLF...

1. Take up the game, carry a few clubs in your hands.

2. Carry a bag of clubs.

3. Buy a pull-cart.

4. Buy a push cart.

5. Have a great job, travel to a resort course, utilize a caddie.

6. Buy an electric cart.

7. Buy the electric cart you really wanted.

8. Ask them to bury you on the 8th fairway in the spot where you once drove the ball 320 yards.

9. Have them install a plaque on the first tee in your memory.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

7. Buy the electric cart you really wanted.

I really want a QOD electric, just can't justify it right now.  Surely someone's done a study of strokesgained:Electric_Pushcart but I can't find it.

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

I’m really happy with my MGI Zip X5. I didn’t have any problem with my non-motorized push cart but my course is hilly and I love the electric motor doing the work going up hills and the motor speed control preventing runaway cart going down hills. In the rare flat portions of the course, with front wheel locked in straight position, I can casually walk beside the cart with hands off. Definitely one of my favorite golf purchases. 

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I have a dual motor BatCaddy with the larger Lithium battery. I walk a hilly course and the BatCaddy makes it a lot easier since the cart does the work.  I've already put a 130 miles on it this year. It will have paid for its self from the cart fee savings before the middle of the year.

• 3 months later...

I finally pulled the trigger and got an Alphard V2 for my Clic Gear 8.0. I really like it, I was amazed on exactly how much it made a difference in my energy level as I played. Not having to push my cart up all the hills on my golf course really helped, not to mention its actually a lot of fun to drive around the course. 

I am starting to see these carts around my course more and more, in fact I saw 6 of them just this morning. Alphard must be making money hand over fist with these.

I really should try one again.  I borrowed a friend's QOD for a club event a few years ago.  I spent a lot of the round figuring out how to use it.  I enjoyed the second nine a lot more.  I realized an improvement when I went from a three wheel to a four wheel (which itself is a friend's hand-me-down).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I am a fan of my MGI ZIP Navigator AT (at least to now only at Costco in the US).  Battery lasts over two rounds of the courses I play (probably would make three, based on the indicator, but testing that theory is not on my to do list).  I can put my gallon insulated thermos in my bag, and pretty much anything else I want to carry.  I confess to not using it in the absolute heat of summer here, but in a hear and a half I am well over 200 miles.  I have dumped it, but not lately, I just had to learn how to drive it!  Only nits I can pick is that the drink holder is a bit fragile and that my bag will sometime turn on the cart (I have a C-130 by Sun Mountain).  Oh, and the clip on one end of the lower strap broke, but if I put that end on first, the tension hold it in place fine.  I am thinking of getting a bag through MGI made to fit the base when my bag ever wears out.  Everyone that sees it comments, and seems to like it, so that's a positive. 

I would not be walking at all without it.  With the $10 or so savings per round that I use it, it will be paid for in about 150 rounds, that's not that far off!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jlbos83 said:

Only nits I can pick is that the drink holder is a bit fragile and that my bag will sometime turn on the cart (I have a C-130 by Sun Mountain). 

I have a non-electric push cart and I had to replace the drink holder after it broke during a round in late 2020.  My bag turns on the cart all the time.  

I wonder if these are common issues to carts that facilitate walking.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.