IGNORED

TST Explores the ShotScope H4 (Stats Tracking Device) and Pro LX Rangefinder

iacas

• Administrator

To be clear, we're talking about just what counts for Leaderboards, right?

All of your stats all count for your own performance statistics, yes?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

To be clear, we're talking about just what counts for Leaderboards, right?

All of your stats all count for your own performance statistics, yes?

Yes, “Leaderboards” is the context of my statements,

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

3 hours ago, StuM said:

Below is a reply I got from SS regarding counting 9 hole rounds stats on leaderboard and also giving them the link to this thread.

I never even considered “cheating the stats” and just track all shots, good & bad. Also, an average is over time, not just any 1 round and the more data points the more accurate the average. I can see not counting less than 9 holes. As for counting 18, weather may prematurely end a round, does that mean you’d shots should not count?

Last paragraph is a question we may all want to email them on.  I definitely prefer  TST due to familiarity with members but a forum of many more SS users may be good in addition to TST.

I am going to encourage them to participate in our thread for now.  

Jamie (Shot Scope Support) 

Aug 26, 2022, 09:51 GMT+1 

Hi Stuart,

I've passed the information including the link onto the Product owner, I'm glad there is debate over the product and you have given us feedback. This is just my opinion (doesn't mean its correct) that with a long drive the skill is in just hitting that one big isolated shot but an average should be a skill of consistency on the same day in the same conditions, much like your handicap. When playing for handicap it should be a full round not just an average of your scores across holes played on different days. 3 over for 3 holes one day and then 5 over for 8 holes the day after, you could have the same justification that when playing for handicap it doesn't matter if its on different days and not a full round but I personally think it should be a full round on the same day. If we were getting really technical the leaderboards are a competition so if you wanted to make sure you win the average driving distance or accuracy etc, if you were playing poorly you would stop recording the round and wait until you had a lesson or only record holes that were down wind or have wide fairways etc. Yes you can do this for the long drive but it doesn't matter as its just about how far you can hit one shot not how you consistently hit shots throughout a round. Again just an opinion there isn't a correct answer here as stats only existed until now on golf tours and they are of course always full rounds.

If we were to have our own community forums housed on our support website would you be interested in that or would you always prefer to use the sand trap website out of interest?

Kind regards,

Jamie

I don’t really follow his logic. A full round for handicap purposes can be as little as 14 holes.

And his reasoning that average should be the during the same day in the same conditions? What? We’re talking about driving average, over a period of time, on different days and in different conditions, from different courses played… I mean it doesn’t really make any sense to begin with but I really don’t see how it applies to omitting 9-hole rounds, unless his entire argument is that it’s not a full round.

If I wanted to game the system I’d just edit my rounds and basically lie. I don’t think people are “competing” on the leaderboards the way he thinks they are. To me it’s kind of a novelty to see how I stack up compared to people I know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

And his reasoning that average should be the during the same day in the same conditions? What? We’re talking about driving average, over a period of time, on different days and in different conditions, from different courses played… I mean it doesn’t really make any sense to begin with but I really don’t see how it applies to omitting 9-hole rounds, unless his entire argument is that it’s not a full round.

You said that very well.  Thinking about it the part about "Same day, same conditions" makes  no sense at all.  Some of you are in Pennsylvania, I am in Michigan, some are in the UK.  We will never have "Same Day/Same Conditions" for the leaderboard.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, billchao said:

To me it’s kind of a novelty to see how I stack up compared to people I know.

Exactly.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, DaMoose90 said:

I agree they should count 9 hole rounds. People don't always have time to play 18 and if you are using this for stats for your own improvement then the more data points the better. The logic from support about not including them makes no sense to me. 

I'm with you. They should count 9 hole rounds. I play far more 9 hole rounds than 18 hole rounds. That's because a lot of my golf is on league night. In which we play 9 holes. I am actually considering joining 2 leagues next year just to get more golf in. Both of which would be 9 hole leagues. 

32 minutes ago, billchao said:

To me it’s kind of a novelty to see how I stack up compared to people I know.

This

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

So then maybe @Bob M and I should keep those erroneous tee shots from the 6th hole at North Kingstown. Due to the practice range netting, it always puts our drives about 150 yards back from the tee and gives us 350 yard drives. 😜

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@boogielicious is correct, for some reason Shot Scope thought that the tee is back by the net protecting the driving range, at least until Friday night when it put my tee shot in the correct location. Not that I wouldn't like a 350 yard drive :-D.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I showed up at the course this morning and realized the shot scope unit was sitting on my desk. I'm looking right at it as I type this. 😖

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I showed up at the course this morning and realized the shot scope unit was sitting on my desk. I'm looking right at it as I type this. 😖

Proves you are human!  I've done the same thing when we were using GG.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

16 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Proves you are human!  I've done the same thing when we were using GG.   

I’ve been putting it in my golf shoe once I charge it.  That reminds me about it while changing shoes at the course. Do as long as I remember my shoes I am good.

Stuart M.

1 hour ago, StuM said:

I’ve been putting it in my golf shoe once I charge it.  That reminds me about it while changing shoes at the course. Do as long as I remember my shoes I am good.

Hmm... Isn't there some risk it will get stinky?
dizzy-smelly.gif.15d7ceb2c6ecdc46f7ab5fa23b3c7ac4.gif

• Funny 2

6 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Of course, and the day you hit that 350 yard bomb right down the fairway, too 😉

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

Of course, and the day you hit that 350 yard bomb right down the fairway, too 😉

Yeah, that might as well be something I claimed happened. 😁

Is there a way to reset my bag? Irons are yellow and the rest are black. The interface screwed me up and somehow I set the colors for irons to another color. I tried removing and adding again and got another color. Something tells me I’ll have to start all over again. 

Nevermind I just created another account and started over again. Pain in the butt. I hate setting these things up. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Is there a way to reset my bag? Irons are yellow and the rest are black. The interface screwed me up and somehow I set the colors for irons to another color. I tried removing and adding again and got another color. Something tells me I’ll have to start all over again. 

Nevermind I just created another account and started over again. Pain in the butt. I hate setting these things up. 

Why didn't you email support? They get back to you really quickly.

I guess you don't have many rounds (any rounds?) in, though, so…

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Why didn't you email support? They get back to you really quickly.

I guess you don't have many rounds (any rounds?) in, though, so…

No I just was doing out of the box setup. Haven’t even put the tags on the clubs yet. It’s funny I barely remember the model names of any of my clubs. You’d think I’d remember what kind of driver I’m using. Um. The head is black. There’s like a number. And it’s Titleist. Lol. 

To be honest I don’t think the colors matter that much I only am going to use one set, for now at least, just wanted to get uniformity.

I’ll try email next time. Thanks. 

Was surprised how small the thing is I mean I’ve seen photos of it relative to other things. Why is the charge interface port not standard usb-c but this clip thingy?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

37 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Why is the charge interface port not standard usb-c but this clip thingy?

Not certain but it may help it be more water tight or is cheaper than the chargers in phones where you just set it on a charging unit…or to sell more charging cords over time since they would be only msnufacturer 😜

Stuart M.