IGNORED

What is your favorite Augusta National hole?

Note: This thread is 2506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Augusta National hole?

• #1 Tea Olive, par 4, 455 yards
    • #2 Pink Dogwood, par 5, 575 yards
    • #3 Flowering Peach, par 4, 350 yards
    • #4 Flowering Crab Apple, par 3, 240 yards
    • #5 Magnolia, par 4 455, yards
    • #6 Juniper, par 3, 180 yards
    • #7 Pampas, par 4, 450 yards
    • #8 Yellow Jasmine, par 5, 570 yards
    • #9 Carolina Cherry, par 4, 460yards
    • #10 Camellia, par 4, 495 yards
    • #11 White Dogwood, par 4, 505 yards
    • #12 Golden Bell, par 3, 155 yards
    • #13 Azalea, par 5, 510 yards
    • #14 Chinese Fir, par 4, 440 yards
    • #15 Firethorn, par 5, 530 yards
    • #16 Redbud, par 3, 170 yards
    • #17 Nandina, par 4, 440yards
    • #18 Holly, par 4, 465 yards

didn't f-ing say I agree... I said I can UNDERSTAND! Man... you sure like putting words in my mouth. Big difference in sympathizing with someones's feelings and having them for my own!

I'm just trying to understand what your position is, because you seem to be backtracking. Not trying to put words in your mouth at all.

By the way, this thread asked what your favorite hole at Augusta was. I voted and posted as such. Then, some guy comes in just to poo poo all over the thread because of his personal vendetta against Augusta. Then you come in to defend him (or understand him) and I end up getting negative reputation points for defending Augusta. How is that fair?

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I'm just trying to understand what your position is, because you seem to be backtracking. Not trying to put words in your mouth at all.

Well... I don't think I'm backtracking, but whatever. I didn't see the guy as poo pooing all over the thread, he just said he didn't care, and that is a valid opinion. I did vote for a hole, because I do have a favorite. I'm sure you'll get the rep back, I have seen other comments you have made in other threads and you're usually fairly on target... I just disagreed here. As for this thread... lets get back on topic.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• 2 weeks later...
I've had the pleasure of attending a few practice rounds and one Friday tourney round there.

During the practice rounds, I've found the the stand adjacent to 16 tee to be a lot of fun. Some of the guys are trying to keep things low key and fun and will try to skip balls accross the water and up on the green.

During the actual tournament, it is fun sitting there as well....you can watch the players hit into 15.....lots of drama.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

#13 baby! Who doesn't love risk/reward at its finest??

Driver: R7 425 TP w/ stock Fujikura stiff shaft
Hybrid: 16 degree baffler pro with stiff Fujikura Speeder shaft
Irons: X-20 tour 3-PW w/ 6.0 Project X shafts
52 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft
56 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft60 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaftPutter:...

• 3 years later...
I know, old thread, but currently relevant, plus they've changed the course since '08. Really love the par 4 #10 (Camelia) For the pros, it's 495yards The framing of the narrow elevated green with the long, huge bunker short. The green can appear angled left to right on land that clearly slopes right to left. All the different trees and shrubs on this hole. Historically, the toughest hole in the tournament. You tee off from one of the highest points on the course with nothing but trees staring you in the face. Gotta hit a big, sweeping draw off the tee. Crenshaw's 60ft putt for birdie in the final round 1984 Masters Rory's final round blow up started here.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

#11 - that 505 yd par 4 is redonculous.    No way humanly possible I could ever birdie that hole.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't choose, THEY ALL HAVE SUCH COOL NAMES AAAAHHH *mental breakdown*.........................but if I HAD to chooses I GUESS I'd say, PROBABLY 12, 16, or 4. I haven't seen a lifetime of Masters like some of you, but these par 3's are gorgeous. Elevation change, and over the water. That's what's up.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

#12 because of the location/serenity of it...absolutely beautiful

#16 because that's where Tiger's chip in in '05 happened

Last 5 Rounds: 103 (+38), 124 (+42), 101 (+36), 104 (+39), 109 (+44)

They're all amazing, but 13 for the risk reward factor mentioned earlier.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by VALSALVA

#13 baby! Who doesn't love risk/reward at its finest??

+1  My home course has a few replica holes. #13 is one of them. I've gone from double bogey to eagle. Nice risk reward.

http://www.castleatthebay.com/golf/the-castle-course

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

13 for sure but I used to love 7 as it was a great short par 4. Augusta National has screwed that hole up big time.

• 4 years later...

I voted no.13 and it was unsurprisingly the runaway choice. But I'd be interested to see how the poll evolves with more members participating in the vote. 2017 Thread Bump!

What's your favorite hole at Augusta National?

Edit: Some no.13 trivia from the Masters website.

Azelea.PNG

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

Until I went to Augusta in 2007 I would have said #12, but seeing #13 in person is more impressive as you take the long uphill  walk to the dogleg and look at the incredible difficult shot remaining if you can reach.  The azaleas and view on #13 also top #12.

I voted for #11. Challenging teeshot and the most challenging second shots at Augusta with a tricky green, but generous bailout areas to play clever green side shots.  Overall, i think thats the best golf hole on the course. 

25 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I think I'd have to say 13 as well.  (Although you can't really go wrong choosing almost any hole on that course.)

7 and, to a lesser extent, 11 are wrong choices. I would also question anyone who selects 4, but that mostly because I don't like long par 3s.

My personal favorite is 13, as well. Really all of the par 5s at this course are awesome. 13 edges ahead because that tee shot is the most challenging of the 4.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

My favorite hole is 16, where you get to watch shots feed in tight towards the hole or be stuck with a very difficult putt if they're left slightly too high up. 

Note: This thread is 2506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!