IGNORED

Larger Than 30 TB Hard Drives on the Way?

guitarget

• iacas changed the title to Larger Than 30 TB Hard Drives on the Way?

Nice.  And it was just the other day I was telling my students about my first time purchasing an external hard disk, and how excited I was to have 80 MB of additional disk space.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

Nice.  And it was just the other day I was telling my students about my first time purchasing an external hard disk, and how excited I was to have 80 MB of additional disk space.  

80 mb external hard drive? What year do you live in?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 hour ago, billchao said:

?

HD floppies that were 1.4MB instead of 800k were huge at one point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, billchao said:

The purchase was in the early-to-mid 90s.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

The purchase was in the early-to-mid 90s.  

Yea my bad, I misread your post.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

back to the future 121 gigawatts GIF

Tech is amazing in some ways and supremely frustrating in others. Think of all the golf videos we could store on that baby!

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

20 hours ago, Shindig said:

My first external hard drive was for the Commodore Amiga 500. It was 20 MB and I thought I was in storage heaven!

26 minutes ago, Zippo said:

My first external hard drive was for the Commodore Amiga 500. It was 20 MB and I thought I was in storage heaven!

I never had external non-floppy storage for my Commodore 64. :-(  

-- Michael | My swing! 

You guys are young.  I started with tape drives on an IBM 360 and punch cards.  

Could you image trying to back that up? Maybe if I could upload my consciousness!   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

The first disk drive I worked on was an ISS drive with a removable 10 platter 20 head 100MB disk. It had the smallest footprint of a 100MB drive in the industry and was almost the size of a washing machine.

It was attached to an RCA 3301 mainframe along with Telex 6420 tape drives, which were the size of refrigerator. In the same data center was an IBM card punch, a Data Products card reader and CDC chain impact printers.

• Thumbs Up 2

You can get a 1 TB flash drive for well under 150. That’s a lot of swing videos you could lose in a hot second. So easy to misplace. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

6 hours ago, nevets88 said:

You can get a 1 TB flash drive for well under 150. That’s a lot of swing videos you could lose in a hot second. So easy to misplace. 

I should get some NAS so I can keep all my swing videos safe.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

5 hours ago, Shindig said:

I should get some NAS so I can keep all my swing videos safe.  

So many options. I went with Synology, working out pretty good so far. 

• Informative 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.