IGNORED

The Pro Tours Random Thoughts and Musings Thread

colin007

• Administrator

Lydia said she thinned hers and thought it was in the water when she hit it. 🤣

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/26/2024 at 12:25 AM, iacas said:

Yeah, but… I imagine the $5M or whatever he could get from endorsements would still be there in May, too. The $1.5M was already gone when he entered the event.

I think he figured strike while the iron was hot.  Possibly he was worried that some sponsors would have forgotten about him come May unless he was in the headlines again for winning in the NCAA.  If this is potentially his 15 minutes of fame, take everything you can get now.  Of course, if he can survive the grind and make it on tour, those additional years at college honing and fine-tuning his skills will be a better investment.  Let us see what happens now

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• 2 weeks later...

Number of golf fans up in arms over what Wyndham Clark was doing in the rough on 16 en route to his record round at...

What say you my fellow golf enthusiasts!?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Number of golf fans up in arms over what Wyndham Clark was doing in the rough on 16 en route to his record round at...

Heading out to teach all day, but I'll tag @DaveP043 here in my absence…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

19 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I see three photos, and here's the video

https://x.com/hodlatran/status/1754630479267996131?s=20

I see him measure, and I see him put a tee in the ground to show the limit of the Relief Area.  But once he's put the tee in the ground, I can't see it any more, so when the camera cuts away and returns, I can't tell where the Relief Area is, not in the video, not in the three photos.  My first impression, and its not conclusive, is that he was standing outside of the RA, to the green side (the right), rather than inside the RA.  There was an experienced Referee with Clark through the process, someone who had a MUCH better view of the proceedings than any of us can have.  I'm going to accept that the Referee did his job correctly.  If you look around, its not like the spot he dropped is the only bit of grass that had been trampled on by spectators, the grass is very uneven, standing tall in spots, laying flat in others.  Clark just got lucky.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

I had a minute to watch the video. I don’t see him trampling the area where he drops except to measure and take normal walking steps.

WC got a little flak for his win at the US Open, people called him a one-hit wonder, I probably even ragged on him. But, he's won 3 tournaments in the last 9 months and shot a 60 at Pebble, had a "good look at birdie" for a 59. Congratulations to him.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

On the Wyndham (god what a pretentious name) Clark topic

Should a round played under lift-clean-place be counted as a course record?

Colin P.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Should a round played under lift-clean-place be counted as a course record?

Should Geiberger get credit for being the first Tour player to shoot 59?

The first 59 by a Tour player went to Gary Player who shot a 59 at the '74 Brazil Open. Not an official PGA Tour event but Hale Irwin, Jerry Pate, Ray Floyd and a few other won it over the years. But old Al gets the prize of the PGA Tour. Lets not forget about Jim Furyk's round of 58 at the '16 Travelers. Oh and Bryson's 58 at Greenbrier for you LIV fans.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

• Administrator
1 hour ago, snapfade said:

The first 59 by a Tour player went to Gary Player who shot a 59 at the '74 Brazil Open. Not an official PGA Tour event but Hale Irwin, Jerry Pate, Ray Floyd and a few other won it over the years. But old Al gets the prize of the PGA Tour. Lets not forget about Jim Furyk's round of 58 at the '16 Travelers. Oh and Bryson's 58 at Greenbrier for you LIV fans.

That didn't answer the question at all, though (I know I didn't ask you specifically, I asked Colin).

Geiberger's 59 was under LCP.

And I said "Tour player" implying at a Tour event, not at a home practice round or some poorly attended foreign event.

To answer Collins question, the decision to play LCP was not up to the players. They did what they were allowed to do under the ruling for that round, so yes it stands. 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

That didn't answer the question at all, though (I know I didn't ask you specifically, I asked Colin).

Geiberger's 59 was under LCP.

And I said "Tour player" implying at a Tour event, not at a home practice round or some poorly attended foreign event.

And I know what you were implying. 

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Should Geiberger get credit for being the first Tour player to shoot 59?

That's a great question, I'm going to have to think with my gut about it

Colin P.

He’s apparently made changes since this, but here’s a swing video of the guy that just shot 57:

Edited by DeadMan
  • Thumbs Up 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

On 2/7/2024 at 11:42 AM, colin007 said:

How do you feel about Hudson Swafford?

• Funny 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

How do you feel about Hudson Swafford?

Hudson! Wyndham! Tally ho me boys! Call Chauncey! It’s time for your tea.

• Funny 3

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge