IGNORED

What a Bunch of Hackers (17th at Sawgrass)

Club Rat

:whistle: 

Amateur Golfers Hit Shots On TPC Sawgrass #17 And Fail

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

What does this have to do with disc golf? 😄

image.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to What a Bunch of Hackers (17th at Sawgrass)

It seems to me that golf enthusiasts are not fairly represented in this "dramatic" feature. Producers who put this out were paid too much unless their demographic is 70 year old golfers who can't hit 135 yards.  

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

33 minutes ago, Old1964 said:

It seems to me that golf enthusiasts are not fairly represented in this "dramatic" feature. Producers who put this out were paid too much unless their demographic is 70 year old golfers who can't hit 135 yards.  

To your point. I'm not by any stretch the greatest golfer in the world. But so far I've hit the center of that green every single time I've played it. 

Granted I've only ever played it once. 😁

When I got my chance the pin was back right. But I aimed for the center and hit the center. So as of now, I'm 100% on making par on that hole. 

I'll never forget playing that hole. Three of the four guys in my foursome are guys I still get to play with often. The other guy moved away. We still talk about it.

Our foursome made my par, another par (sand save of all things), a three-putt bogey, and what I think was an eight. He put 2 in the water from the tee. So, what's that 4.5 average for the 4 of us. Which is better than these folks averaged. Granted we had nobody watching us. Although, there was still pressure. Ask the guy who put 2 in the water. We still give him 💩 about it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

24 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

To your point. I'm not by any stretch the greatest golfer in the world. But so far I've hit the center of that green every single time I've played it. 

Granted I've only ever played it once. 😁

When I got my chance the pin was back right. But I aimed for the center and hit the center. So as of now, I'm 100% on making par on that hole. 

I'll never forget playing that hole. Three of the four guys in my foursome are guys I still get to play with often. The other guy moved away. We still talk about it.

Our foursome made my par, another par (sand save of all things), a three-putt bogey, and what I think was an eight. He put 2 in the water from the tee. So, what's that 4.5 average for the 4 of us. Which is better than these folks averaged. Granted we had nobody watching us. Although, there was still pressure. Ask the guy who put 2 in the water. We still give him 💩 about it.

If the dude who put 2 in the water is a friend, then indeed that should be an ongoing point of discussion. :beer:

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

2 hours ago, Old1964 said:

If the dude who put 2 in the water is a friend, then indeed that should be an ongoing point of discussion. :beer:

Oh yeah, It was great. He hits the first one in... "I'm not going to the drop area." 

Hits the second one in... "I'm going to the drop area." 

• Funny 2

7 hours ago, Club Rat said:

7 hours ago, Club Rat said:

Is that Sergio’s tracker? 😃

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Look at how many shots end up short of the green. And it looks like 4 balls out of 95 ended up long. Almost like people have no idea about shot zones or strategy on the golf course. Sheesh.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

4 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Look at how many shots end up short of the green. And it looks like 4 balls out of 95 ended up long. Almost like people have no idea about shot zones or strategy on the golf course. Sheesh.

More than likely most people have no idea about the actual length they carry.  I suppose it doesn't help that they also get a bit nervous seeing it is all carry and worse, going long is penalised as well.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Most of the time you will have wind on this hole. So, seeing golfers come up short is not a surprise. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Old1964 said:

They charted every golfer who played that day.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That’s a different video than the one they posted on twitter right?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 minute ago, billchao said:

That’s a different video than the one they posted on twitter right?

The shot pattern looks the same, no?

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

The shot pattern looks the same, no?

It’s from the same day I’m assuming but it looks like the videos were cut differently.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, billchao said:

It’s from the same day I’m assuming but it looks like the videos were cut differently.

Oh, okay. I didn't watch the videos side by side or anything, just thought you were citing the shot pattern as looking different or something.

There is a course in the Mitten State with a physically exact replica of #17 (Eagle Eye, Bath, MI). They obtained permission to recreate the hole (and possibly paid $$ for the right). I have played it and yes, hit and stayed on the green for a 2-putt par. Missing from the experience are the weather conditions and the stress of knowing you have one chance to hit the TPC's #17 hole in regulation. I imagine the TPC shot is somewhat like the tee shot on #18 at Pebble. One has just paid a small fortune to play an iconic course for the only time in one's life, just a wee bit of pressure.

Brian Kuehn

9 hours ago, pganapathy said:

More than likely most people have no idea about the actual length they carry.  I suppose it doesn't help that they also get a bit nervous seeing it is all carry and worse, going long is penalised as well.

So many of the guys I play with know their distance, more or less, with each club in their bag.  But their distance includes rollout from the fairway, hitting short of the green.  There is no "rollout" on #17.

12 hours ago, pganapathy said:

More than likely most people have no idea about the actual length they carry. 

I'm not sure that's the case here. 

I've played this hole (granted only once) but everyone in my group was either completely amped up for the shot, or shaking at the knees. Distance control is so dependent on a quality strike and a quality strike is challenging when your knees are shaking. 

If you think of it this way. Your strike will either be good or bad. If its good, no problem. Mine was good, I landed center of the green. If your strike is bad it will most likely end up short, or in this case in the water. 

I always think it's funny when experts tell us that most amateurs leave the ball short more often then hit it long. To which I say "No Sh!t, Sherlock." 😋 A bad strike most often comes up short, and amateurs make more bad strikes than the pros. Oh sure, occasionally somebody will skull one and thin it a mile, but for the most part bad strikes fall short. But playing for a bad strike is not realistic. If you hit your 9 iron 135 yards for example, you may hit 50% of them about 135 yards. The other 50% will mostly be short. Some of them way short. Some may only go 25 or 30 yards. Planning for a terrible strike just isn't the answer. Taking more club can help, but if you hit a scabby one, it doesn't matter which club is in your hands, it will end up short. 

• Thumbs Up 1