IGNORED

2023 Masters

DaveP043

Tomorrow will have a TON of rain. Projected 1.5-2" of rain. Which is a lot. It looks to be a steady rain all day. The course should be really soft for Sunday. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Hoping for a wonderful Norman-isque collapse for Brooks. Elsewhere, DeChambeau made the course obsolete with his distance at +2. 😃

I feel bad wishing someone to play poorly, but In the same boat there with you 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

BK is making everything today. His misses still turn out as pars. 10 under   Going to be tough to catch. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

UGH, the announcer with the stick up his butt about analytics needs to stop. He sounds like a "get off my lawn" guy. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Gotta hope for some carnage this weekend. Unless it’s Tiger, a major with a run away win blows. Yes I know it’s premature thinking, but damn…

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

19 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

UGH, the announcer with the stick up his butt about analytics needs to stop. He sounds like a "get off my lawn" guy. 

It's Colt Knost. He had a "back and forth" with Scott Fawcett on twitter about it yesterday.

In Colt's defense, Augusta might be an outlier where the normal analytics are not as useful. On the other hand, he's asking players to land and then stop a wedge in what's generously a 5 yard area. I'd rather try that with a pitch than a 100 yard shot I think.

12 hours ago, DeadMan said:

So how was that Brooks thing not enough for a penalty? What explanation did they give that got him out of it? It seems as cut and dry as it can be. 

I saw this linked on twitter this morning:

gettyimages-1185072577.jpg?w=640

PINEHURST, N.C. – There’s never a good time for a two-stroke penalty. But the second week of Q-Series, where a whole year’s worth of status is on the line, ranks up there among the worst times to g…

I don't see what the difference is from that case. Why is the freaking Masters taking this less serious than LPGA Q Schools?

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

23 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Gotta hope for some carnage this weekend. Unless it’s Tiger, a major with a run away win blows. Yes I know it’s premature thinking, but damn…

Will be a very boring Sunday of this holds. The sedated stare of BK in the lead would be awful viewing. Plus we know this would be a triumph for liv and be non stop talked about. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

10 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

The sedated stare of BK in the lead would be awful viewing.

At least he is not wearing a ridiculous LIV team uniform. Brooks looks dialed today, but there is still a lot of golf to play, and other leaders Rahm, Hovland, C. Young haven't teed off yet.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

2 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

At least he is not wearing a ridiculous LIV team uniform. Brooks looks dialed today, but there is still a lot of golf to play, and other leaders Rahm, Hovland, C. Young haven't teed off yet.

Agreed on all

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I like Gary Woodland, but he walks like a guy whose had too many and is pretending he didn’t.

What do TST members think about the changes on 13? Seems the scoring average hasn’t changed much so far. Granted the conditions have been pretty receptive so far.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

With Both the #1 & #3 players in world rankings having 4-putts today, I feel better. Of course, I’d have some 6-putts if I were there

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I like Gary Woodland, but he walks like a guy whose had too many and is pretending he didn’t.

LOL!

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

What do TST members think about the changes on 13? Seems the scoring average hasn’t changed much so far. Granted the conditions have been pretty receptive so far.

Boy they really need that dial back to make #13 much more difficult. These pros are like nature…they’ll find a way.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

He isnt wearing it today. But if he is going into Sunday with the lead, his overlords may change his outfit and maybe have his caddy carry a neon LIV sign!

• Upvote 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Lots of golf left yet, and the weather won’t be improving. If it softens up, they can get really cute with some flags, but too much rain and low temperatures is not the same as playing in 20 C and sunshine on a wet course. Wind will also be up.

Koepk certainly took advantage of the conditions with an early tee time.

Nice to see Day up in the top of a major leaderboard again.

Edit: He just dunked one on 15 and made double. Sorry about the jinx, Jason.

Hovlands approach long on 1, then long again going back, looking at 55 foot putt. He drained it. Par, next hole.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Ok I have to ask you this question. Why does Hovland talk to the ball in English? I want to hear some Norwegian swear words when things go awry!

I’ll ask him. Mostly because he’s been living in USA the past 7-8 years and talk English to everyone over there I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

This kid Bennett has really been fun to watch. Hope he overtakes Brooks for the lead. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator
3 hours ago, DeadMan said:

It's Colt Knost. He had a "back and forth" with Scott Fawcett on twitter about it yesterday.

In Colt's defense, Augusta might be an outlier where the normal analytics are not as useful. On the other hand, he's asking players to land and then stop a wedge in what's generously a 5 yard area. I'd rather try that with a pitch than a 100 yard shot I think.

Yeah ANGC can be a bit odd because spin and trajectory can stop a ball pretty quickly while it's tough to do that from 45 yards sometimes.

3 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I don't see what the difference is from that case. Why is the freaking Masters taking this less serious than LPGA Q Schools?

Nothing. Except that these players lied and the women did not.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Horns blow. Everyone coming in.

They make everyone leave the golf course, too. As in actually get off. No shelters, no hanging out in the merch buildings… etc.

Players are staying in place? Dottie just said that, but I see a lot of people walking in.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets