IGNORED

Favorite Non-Urethane Ball?

• Administrator

I wouldn’t know. I don’t play any.

What do you like about the SuperSoft?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, workerdill said:

I'm wondering if there's a general consensus on what non-urethane balls players prefer. I personally enjoy the Callaway supersoft and find quite a few of them littered around the course.  

Welcome to TST.   We're glad you've joined.   

I have played the Supersoft and come back around to it every so often.  I've decided this year though that once I run out of my "stash" of golf balls, I'm going exclusively yellow because they are so easy to see.   I like the way the Supersoft sounds and feels when putting.   I can't say it goes any farther or straighter but it sounds and feels right when putting.   

I also like the Titleist TruFeel for the same reason.   I like @ChetlovesMer's ball the Srixon Divide and the Bridgestone E12 Contact.   

I am going to try the new Snell balls when available.   I'm looking forward to testing them when they become available in yellow.

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 hours ago, workerdill said:

I'm wondering if there's a general consensus on what non-urethane balls players prefer. I personally enjoy the Callaway supersoft and find quite a few of them littered around the course.  

The super soft has a rather pleasing whizz sound when I shank it. However, I do prefer the violent path and trajectory of a urethane ball when properly shanked. There’s just nothing comparable.

Edited by Vinsk
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 4

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 hours ago, iacas said:

I wouldn’t know. I don’t play any.

What do you like about the SuperSoft?

The feel. If you're bouncing the balls on concrete, you can really feel the "softness". 

2 hours ago, Beastie said:

7A56084C-6955-4A75-BD4D-8EC97888CBA0.thumb.jpeg.0f8694818a015398945463169979bd56.jpeg

LOL. Haven't these been discontinued for years?

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Welcome to TST.   We're glad you've joined.   

I have played the Supersoft and come back around to it every so often.  I've decided this year though that once I run out of my "stash" of golf balls, I'm going exclusively yellow because they are so easy to see.   I like the way the Supersoft sounds and feels when putting.   I can't say it goes any farther or straighter but it sounds and feels right when putting.   

I also like the Titleist TruFeel for the same reason.   I like @ChetlovesMer's ball the Srixon Divide and the Bridgestone E12 Contact.   

I am going to try the new Snell balls when available.   I'm looking forward to testing them when they become available in yellow.

The Srixon Divide is a beautiful looking ball. Reminds me of the old Ping balls. Snell makes some fantastic balls. They should be more popular.  

9 hours ago, workerdill said:

Snell makes some fantastic balls. They should be more popular. 

They’ve got two new balls out, the Prime and Prime-X. I just got a sample pack. The Prime is the softer feel ball. Their price for value packs is back too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I used to play the Titleist NXT as my gamer.  At one point I even preferred it to the Pro V but I don't play the NXT anymore

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Over the years, I've probably hit most of the balls available in this sort of price range. For the most part, I can't tell much of a difference between any of them. 

21 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I like the way the Supersoft sounds and feels when putting.

This is one of the few exceptions. It really does have that quality. It's enough where I'll tend to go with Supersoft over other options if the price is more or less the same. 

51 minutes ago, GREENMR003 said:

I like the Maxfli softfli or strightfli balls. That's partially because matte neon green is an easy color for me to see, but I've been happy with the performance and cost. 

Thanks, I didnt know about these new models. 

I use to play maxfli softfli /straightfli / speedfli , and when they first came out years ago the price was really good and the performance was tough to beat for that kind of ball..      

It is what it is

I have recently switched to Titleist Velocity and really like it. Did an experiment the other day. Played both matte green and matte orange balls side by side. Both balls are very high visibility, but without a doubt for me the matte orange balls were the most visible a mile away.

37 minutes ago, arturo28mx said:

I have recently switched to Titleist Velocity and really like it. Did an experiment the other day. Played both matte green and matte orange balls side by side. Both balls are very high visibility, but without a doubt for me the matte orange balls were the most visible a mile away.

Until the leaves start falling!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2023 at 11:15 AM, Sandhills Golfer said:

Srixon Soft Feel

+1 but the white one. Acceptable distance, low spin, soft feel of course and low spin around the greens (yes, I hate ball that have medium to high spin).

I'm currently testing Callaway WarBird because is also a 2 piece ball but with 90 compression (soft feel is 60), give me a little more ball speed but a little more spin with driver.