IGNORED

2023 British Open

Beastie

I've only seen a little but have enjoyed watching several of the bunker shots.  Sideways, backwards, One foot up near your chest...I just find watching those shots entertaining.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, snapfade said:

If the cut comes at +12 Daly is in. Patrick Reed looked stupid in his post round interview. Harman should enjoy the day. Not too many times a mid-level player has back to back stellar rounds. Travis Smyth hole in one, proceeds to miss the cut. No one is lighting up the leader board, imagine if 10 under holds? Fleetwood just dropped to -4, that's what I like to see. All in all, not that exciting of an Open IMO. Hopefully the weather over the weekend will add some drama. About a 7ish on the boring meter, need rain and wind. There is always the Barracuda Championship, or Women's World Cup.

What’s wrong with Tommy? He’s a good guy

Stevie T

The leaderboard isn’t all too exciting, but as always enjoying the course in The Open. A bit more wind can’t hurt the entertainment value.

I also like that they broadcast the entire day.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 hour ago, Beastie said:

What’s wrong with Tommy? He’s a good guy

He's a yobbo looking dude. Probably has a Ford Focus RS and a picture of Ian Brown still hanging in his bedroom. As I said elsewhere, he looks like the guy that goes door to door in the neighborhood trying to sell you a new roof right after a hurricane comes through.  

• Funny 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

2 hours ago, snapfade said:

If the cut comes at +12 Daly is in.

You caused me to check the leaderboard to see how bad things had gotten;  nicely done.

• Funny 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 hours ago, snapfade said:

He's a yobbo looking dude. Probably has a Ford Focus RS and a picture of Ian Brown still hanging in his bedroom. As I said elsewhere, he looks like the guy that goes door to door in the neighborhood trying to sell you a new roof right after a hurricane comes through.  

a Ford Focus RS?  I would have guess a Cadillac Fleetwood?  And of course,a wagon since he has to carry his clubs, etc.

http://bangshift.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/wagon12.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Thank goodness golf isn't played in the nude.

304mledaehp11.jpg

• Funny 2

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

4 hours ago, snapfade said:

I don’t know what you mean……IMG_4299.thumb.jpeg.b67d3d43711ae5c6748ddfc7dff7cba8.jpeg

Stevie T

I don’t really get the draw with Daly anymore. The whole, ‘ beer, cigarettes and once long hitting,’ schtick is old. I’m sure he’s a character but damn, nobody laughs at Larry the Cable Guy anymore do they?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I don’t really get the draw with Daly anymore. The whole, ‘ beer, cigarettes and once long hitting,’ schtick is old. I’m sure he’s a character but damn, nobody laughs at Larry the Cable Guy anymore do they?

He’s a redneck parody. If he was an Aussie they would call him a “Bogan”.  When he won the PGA, my dad had just got Sky Tv, and I remember watching it after coming home from the pub. 9th alternate!!!! He holed a shitload of putts as well as bombing it. I was an instant fan then, but he is just a bit of a muppet really.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stevie T

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Falls in there with Murray's routine at Pebble.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, colin007 said:

Brian Harman winning would set the game back 400 years

image.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Harman is a solid player and he did well at St Andrews last year. He wouldn’t, by a long shot, be the worst player to win a major. However he’s only half way.

Stevie T

On 7/17/2023 at 10:58 AM, Beastie said:

It’s a toss up as to what my favourite golf tournament is

On 7/17/2023 at 12:35 PM, boogielicious said:

I really look forward to seeing this tournament

Trying to not be completely out of the loop during a busy work week,  I had the audio from The Open iPhone app playing today. One of the commentators mentioned that it’s a championship, not a tournament.

I know it’s in the name of the event, but does one exclude the other or is one a subset of the other? Do I need to include this in the list of cultural/social verbal blunders to avoid?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

7 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Trying to not be completely out of the loop during a busy work week,  I had the audio from The Open iPhone app playing today. One of the commentators mentioned that it’s a championship, not a tournament.

I know it’s in the name of the event, but does one exclude the other or is one a subset of the other? Do I need to include this in the list of cultural/social verbal blunders to avoid?

Naa it’s just marketing spiel.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stevie T

41 minutes ago, Beastie said:

Naa it’s just marketing spiel.

I looked over various definitions of each thinking I would find a clear difference.  In the end I agree with @Beastie

Stuart M.