IGNORED

Grayson Murray Passed Away

snapfade

Grayson Murray, who won his second PGA TOUR title at this year’s Sony Open in Hawaii...

That's horrible to hear, 30 years old. I can only hope for his families sake at least it was from a medical issue and not something else. No cause of death listed anywhere, just articles that make it a point that he' was a  recovering alcoholic and battled with depression. RIP Grayson.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That’s sad.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Tweets say that he was looking unwell and withdrew on the 17th on Friday. Sad to hear. Curious as to what the issue was, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Omg…what a tragedy. I wonder if he had an undiagnosed heart condition? 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Wtf?? That's beyond awful...like, what??

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Tweets say that he was looking unwell and withdrew on the 17th on Friday. Sad to hear. Curious as to what the issue was, though.

Wait he was playing YESTERDAY??

Colin P.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Wtf?? That's beyond awful...like, what??

Wait he was playing YESTERDAY??

Yep.

He withdrew, citing illness.

• Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Such sad news. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Was listening to Nance and Co report (I'm watching a delayed replay of today's round) and they reported that he had just had a string of bogies and when he finished the 17th he told his playing mates "I'm done" and went to the tent and WD.  Its sad that his life is over at 30 but maybe it speaks to the pressures that these guys deal with week in and week out. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Omg…what a tragedy. I wonder if he had an undiagnosed heart condition? 

Most likely  suicide as  he  had taken a  leave from the tour  before due to severe  depression. It  hits  many of  us for  many reasons

This is the  cutoff  part where he says  he  is taking a  medical leave. Godspeed

Same dumb schtick since joining.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, jxdama said:

Most likely  suicide as  he  had taken a  leave from the tour  before due to severe  depression. It  hits  many of  us for  many reasons

Let's not speculate on things like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

That is extremely sad news.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Tragic. I can only imagine how the family must feel. There was a prominent lady golfer in my home town that won the State Am several times, coached the men's Jr College team and who was simply well thought of around here. Same thing.....battled depression and took her own life. Happened during COVID. For us that have never experienced serious depression it can be hard to understand. But it's a serious problem and happens too frequently. 

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I can not imagine what was going through his mind when he walked off the golf course and WD. Jesus, what a f'd up situation. His poor parents must be devastated. Sad thing he will be more remembered  for this than his Tour career. He was kind of an under the radar guy for me and maybe others. Not like his name is mentioned in likely winners of an event. I hope the network/ PGAT does a nice respectful piece on him. I'm out of the country so I can't view the event. I'm sure it's cast a dark cloud over this week's event. Two weeks now, two tragic stories. On a side note, I remember getting the annual suicide prevention classes every year in the Army. One thing a guy said was when you ask some one how they are doing, mean it. You never know when your words can make a positive difference. Well I'm rambling, just a horrible story. Take care all.

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

The  problem is  by not talking about  it keeps  it taboo. Hearing  what Murray himself said about depression he would  want it  talked about  openly so it  might  help someone else. Severe depression is an all consuming cancer. 

Same dumb schtick since joining.

9 minutes ago, jxdama said:

The  problem is  by not talking about  it keeps  it taboo. Hearing  what Murray himself said about depression he would  want it  talked about  openly so it  might  help someone else. Severe depression is an all consuming cancer. 

I agree. This is one of those subjects that people are uncomfortable talking about. It's 2024 and it still feels stigmatized.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread