How Many Courses Have You Played?

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the second update over twelve years. I'm now over 900 courses in 48 U.S. States and 13 countries. I've photographed almost 600 courses and now have 26,000 golf course photos on my Flickr page 

I just saw these posts which are just a few months shy of ten years old. I did recently hit 750 courses played. Gorty, you were a fortune teller  I've now played in 42 U.S. states and nine countries.

I have played 136 courses in 11 countries My top 5: 1) Twenty Ten Course, Celtic Manor, 2) Royal Portrush, 3) Rosapenna - Sandy Hills, 4) Portstewart Golf Club 5) Turtle Bay - Palmer Course

Posted Images

1. How many courses have you played?   565

2. How many states/countries does that cover? 3 states and 41 countries

3. Do you collect anything from each course you visit? I buy yardage books and a logoball if they have that.

I have a plan to drive around the coast of Euroe and play every course I see :) Hopefully I'll start that in 2016...

Does anyone know about a website where you can "collect" your Courses and keep track of how many you've played online?

I know about a Swedish one but that's in Swedish and not that good(a lot of mistakes...).

Appreciate any info!

Cheers

I've only played like 30 courses in my life, and a nice chunk of those were from high school golf season. They are mostly from Pennsylvania, with the remaining few being in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. I'm very jealous of the people with hundreds of different courses under their belts. I generally do not collect anything from these courses.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I counted it up the other day and I have played 37 different courses (I added 2 new ones over this past weekend) which consist of 34 throughout Michigan, 1 in Colorado (Eisenhower Course at Air Force Academy), 1 in Hawaii (Waiehu Golf Course), and 1 in South Carolina (Walker Course at Clemson). I orginally started out collecting logo balls from each course I played at but I ran into a few courses that didn't sell them so I stopped doing that.

This will be mostly estimates, since I've played for 40+ years but this should be reasonably accrurate:

Michigan - at least 50 courses

Texas - nearly 30 courses

Calif - 4

NC - 9

Other - 5

So right around 100

I will pick up a hat, shirt or ball marker from a course I really like, but not something from every course. I have a collection of scorecards & yardage books, but mostly they are stuck in a side pocket of my bag.

I've only played 20 at the most. I look to play at least 5 courses other than my home course every year though

• 2 weeks later...

1. Played my first full 18 holes in summer of 1964, so I've lost track.

2. Places I have played:

* Twelve States: Missouri, Illinois, California, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Utah (en route to CA, second time), Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska.

* Countries: Japan (Okinawa), Taiwan, Germany, Italy, Sicily (locals say they're not really Italians), Belgium.

3. Collectibles: Score cards, and more recently yardage books. I especially like having cards from different eras, both for graphics and to see how course was altered. I have cards from three different eras for several St. Louis area courses and CCs. If I play a course twice, I will sometimes bring a camera the second round and take pictures of some of the more interesting holes, or shots. (I once wanted to build golf courses, and wanted to collect interesting ideas.)

I have played more, different courses than I ever thought of counting. I do know I have played in 41 different states, and 3 foreign countries. I don't know, but somewhere around 100-130 different courses would be a good guess I suppose. Most famous courses I have played would be Pebble Beach, and the Old Course in St Andrews, Scotland.  Bandon Dunes and Spyglass are a couple of favorites.

Now days, I hang out on the west coast, and desert southwest golf courses. I also visit the Ft Worth Texas area from time to time.

I've played.....carry the 2.....divide......pi.....square root.........three. The Battleground at Deer Park - Deer Park, TX. Pasadena Municipal - Pasadena, TX. Glen Brook - Houston, TX.

Hey, I've played 2 outta those 3. Battleground and Glenbrook. I used to live in Clear Lake and Galveston. Being the geek that I am, I made a Google Map of the courses I've played. Or at least the ones I can remember. https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zTKHU2J82KpQ.kZQozsLxn7HA I came up with 39. Some of the more interesting ones are: Murcar Golf Links, Aberdeen, Scotland Kaohsiung Golf & Country Club, Taiwan Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, MD Prince Course at Princeville, Kauai Blue Course, Doral, FL

• Administrator
Being the geek that I am, I made a Google Map of the courses I've played. Or at least the ones I can remember. https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zTKHU2J82KpQ.kZQozsLxn7HA

I think that link only works for you signed into your account.

I think that link only works for you signed into your account.

Try it again? I just changed the permissions, so it ought to be open. BTW, I remembered another course, so I'm up to 40. https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zTKHU2J82KpQ.kZQozsLxn7HA

• Administrator

Try it again? I just changed the permissions, so it ought to be open. BTW, I remembered another course, so I'm up to 40.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zTKHU2J82KpQ.kZQozsLxn7HA

Yeah that worked.

• iacas changed the title to How Many Courses Have You Played?