IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just purchased the following for post surgery golf being that I am a USAF Veteran I thought they would be appropriate.  

Titleist T400 irons. I haven’t gotten them yet, but they are on order!

Bought a US Kids golf set and pink hello kitty balls for my daughter.  It's for her 3rd birthday so i'm just hoping she likes golf as much as her dad.

Posted Images

Originally Posted by tiger187126

in my experience:

the 5 tooth ones snap teeth and the heads off

the 3 tooth ones you'll lose before they break (they do bend though)

you're probably more likely to break one putting it into hard ground than you will hitting it.

they fly a lot further than wooden ones, not very fun at the range.

I bought a package of the FLYtee brand plastic tees at the beginning of the season (didn't like the zero frictions ones I had last year due to the bending and pain trying to get the ball to stay on the 3 prongs) and have probably only broken 5 all summer. The one I'm currently using is probably on round 20 or so.

Last trip I bought the Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid - absolutely cracking club. Can hit it straight, consistant and makes a lovely cracking noise when you hit it. Was able to get around 220yards in the American Golf testing bay.

Tonight I will be looking to purchase a driver, one of the following:

- Taylormade R1

- Cobra AMP Cell

- Ping G25

- Mizuno JPX 825

- Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2

.. which one will I return with?

O[quote name="Wardy" url="/t/12154/what-did-you-buy-on-your-last-trip-to-the-golf-store/2130#post_878593"]Last trip I bought the Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid - absolutely cracking club. Can hit it straight, consistant and makes a lovely cracking noise when you hit it. Was able to get around 220yards in the American Golf testing bay. Tonight I will be looking to purchase a driver, one of the following: - Taylormade R1 - Cobra AMP Cell - Ping G25 - Mizuno JPX 825 - Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 .. which one will I return with? a3_biggrin.gif [/quote] you'll be returning with a titleist 913!!

Originally Posted by saturday

O

you'll be returning with a titleist 913!!

Ah I've heard how good they are, however it wasn't in my selection as it's very pricey over here in the UK!

I ended up with the Covert VR_s (non-tour). Got some great tips from the PGA pro in American Golf with my actual swing, which actually helped to get a nice draw on my drives, which is the 1st time ever I think!

I narrowed it down to the VR_s and the Stage2 Rocketballz and was consistantly hitting the VR_s better with a nice draw to about 240-250 on the launch monitor. I'm told it should reach about 270-280 on the course as the launch monitor tends to hit short and bounce soft.

Great feel about the club and can't wait to get out on the course to try it

Just today, I splashed out on a RocketBallz driver (Stage 1), since there is a deal on at American Golf... But, was browsing about anyway, and was "hassled" by the most fittest blonde ever... I would of given her the £140 just for the pleasure of dragging my testicles through 10 miles of broken glass just to hear her fart through a walkie walkie!

She was seriously that bonny!!!

Dabz

Originally Posted by Dabzy

Just today, I splashed out on a RocketBallz driver (Stage 1), since there is a deal on at American Golf... But, was browsing about anyway, and was "hassled" by the most fittest blonde ever... I would of given her the £140 just for the pleasure of dragging my testicles through 10 miles of broken glass just to hear her fart through a walkie walkie!

She was seriously that bonny!!!

Dabz

Man, you guys are weird over there in the UK...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was meant to say "walkie talkie"... Not "walkie walkie", lol, but, back to the essence of my post, she had a lovely bum too!    *Awaits for our cousins across the pond to dive on that too... hehehe*

Dabz

Originally Posted by Dabzy

It was meant to say "walkie talkie"... Not "walkie walkie", lol, but, back to the essence of my post, she had a lovely bum too!    *Awaits for our cousins across the pond to dive on that too... hehehe*

Dabz

Nothing wrong with bum. It's less conventional for us Americans, but still an appropriate reference to one's posterior.

Originally Posted by Daniel Dreydel

A 52 deg Mack daddy 2 wedge. The best ever.

i wouldn't trade in my wedges, but those are beautiful, as are the new t-series mizunos. i noticed that the new mizzys especially are really heavy and probably feel amazing down and through.

since i had my first ever chip-in a couple weeks ago i have to hold onto my 58 for a while longer.

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Man, you guys are weird over there in the UK...

Nah not the UK, it's a scottish/northern phrase mate. They have their own language up there :)

I tried all but the Mizuno, and ended up with the RBZ Stage II. It's longer-ier.

Oh is it?? lol Purchased a 60* vokey wedge from a good friend of mine last night for $30. Has a good amount of rust and grooves are immaculate.

Traded in some old clubs, and bought a Bushnell Tour V2 laser rangefinder. http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30077700/bushnell-tour-v2-patriot-pack-laser-rangefinder

• iacas changed the title to Last (Golf) Thing You Bought