IGNORED

Your Favorite Golf Movie

alexlax12
Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Caddyshack has got to be number one. I do like Bobby Jones movie too. Bagger Vance wasn't too bad.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, PEZGolf said:

Do you think some studio will make a movie about Tiger's life? Who should play Tiger--Will Smith, perhaps?

Probably not. He doesn't really look like Tiger and Smith is 47 years old.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

41 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Probably not. He doesn't really look like Tiger and Smith is 47 years old.

Well, Tiger will be 40 tomorrow so Will could play him from age 38 on. Now that we settled that, who can we get for ages 25 to 38? How about Stephen Curry? He likes golf and was just on the cover of "Golf Digest"?  Filming can take place in his off-season!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Administrator
10 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

Well, Tiger will be 40 tomorrow so Will could play him from age 38 on. Now that we settled that, who can we get for ages 25 to 38? How about Stephen Curry? He likes golf and was just on the cover of "Golf Digest"?  Filming can take place in his off-season!

You do realize that a movie about Tiger Woods, which is let's say ten years away, will have older actors, too.

You generally don't get an actor that's 7 years older than Tiger Woods to play Tiger Woods when he was younger. The actor will always be older than Tiger Woods is right now, regardless of when "right now" is.

Either way, not really on topic for this topic to discuss a movie that doesn't exist.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, PEZGolf said:

Do you think some studio will make a movie about Tiger's life? Who should play Tiger--Will Smith, perhaps?

There was a Tiger Woods movie already. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0153080/

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I wanted my favourite golf movie to be the version of Golf in the Kingdom that was released a few years back - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1448497/; but it isn't - the book, whilst complex, manages to maintain a coherent narrative throughout, the film doesn't, so it's literally all over the shop. It's one of those films where, if you haven't read the book, you haven't a hope in hell of understanding what's going on, and, if you have read the book, you'll be disappointed at how poorly the film attempts to bring it to the screen.

So Caddyshack it is!

Edited by ScouseJohnny

Caddyshack........................my #1 by a mile.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Caddy Shack is my favorite. I also love the golfing scene in Animal House.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Seve the movie. It gives an appreciation of what he was he like. In his words

" Golf is about how many not how"

Love that quote.

Edited by Nagah

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

I read that many of the scenes in Caddyshack were improvised, and that's why it probably seemed out of control at times; and that Murray and Chevy Chase did not like each other, due to a SNL feud - they only had one scene together.

I liked the scene with the Bishop in the driving thunderstorm.

For the entire movie, I enjoyed Bagger Vance, Tin Cup was fun with Cheech, Happy Gilmore and the Price is Right's Bob Barker is classic, can't recall DSP, Caddyshack was good but not my favorite, maybe it was the improvisation and I suspect, the weed, that made it oddly bizarre and funny, but not a great movie.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!