IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 974 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[TABLE] Driver 320-340 3W [TD]285-305[/TD] 3i [TD]255[/TD] 4i [TD]240[/TD] 5i [TD]225[/TD] 6i [TD]210[/TD] 7i [TD]195[/TD] 8i [TD]180[/TD] 9i [TD]165[/TD] PW [TD]150[/TD] 56 lob [TD]115[/TD] [/TABLE] All of the above are full swings; I would definitely trade some distance for a better short game. There is nothing like bombing a drive 100 yards past your buddy, only to 3-jack the putt and lose the hole. Unfortunately, I'm pretty familiar with that feeling!

So you're telling me that you hit your driver roughly 20 yards further than the longest driver on the PGA Tour? Ha, you're funny. Maybe downhill, downwind, and a couple of bounces off the cart path.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Highbeta

Driver

320-340

3W

285-305

3i

4i

5i

6i

7i

8i

9i

PW

56 lob

All of the above are full swings; I would definitely trade some distance for a better short game. There is nothing like bombing a drive 100 yards past your buddy, only to 3-jack the putt and lose the hole. Unfortunately, I'm pretty familiar with that feeling!

What's your handicap?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Driver 320-340
3W 285-305
3i 255
4i 240
5i 225
6i 210
7i 195
8i 180
9i 165
PW 150
56 lob 115

All of the above are full swings; I would definitely trade some distance for a better short game. There is nothing like bombing a drive 100 yards past your buddy, only to 3-jack the putt and lose the hole. Unfortunately, I'm pretty familiar with that feeling!

Thread title is average distances, not the furthest you've ever hit downhill downwind.

Originally Posted by tmac20

So you're telling me that you hit your driver roughly 20 yards further than the longest driver on the PGA Tour? Ha, you're funny. Maybe downhill, downwind, and a couple of bounces off the cart path.

I'm guessing that either you don't know or perhaps you don't remember what it's like to be athletic.

My average swing speed over fifteen swings was 122mph last week with the driver, at the local big box. Never said I was a good golfer, but yes, I hit the ball a long way.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

What's your handicap?

I have never figured out a formal handicap, I don't play often enough.. maybe 12 rounds per year or so. I do go to the range a couple of times a week though, on my way home from the office, as a way of relaxing. My score, when I keep it, is usually in the mid 80's at several local courses (Mayfair Lakes, Northview Ridge Course, Quilchena).

I don't  think people like HIghbeta are deliberately lying, they just have no idea.

The perfectly even gaps of 15 yards for irons is usually a dead giveaway.

He's never measured anything and the fact that he thinks he hits his driver and 3 wood that far is so ludicrous it's not evn funny.

As I've said, these guys have never seen a really good player in the flesh.

Stand with your GPS 340 yards away from a green one day and imagine someone who claims to just have a hit every few weeks hitting it from where you're standing.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

I don't  think people like HIghbeta are deliberately lying, they just have no idea.

He's never measured anything and the fact that he thinks he hits his driver and 3 wood that far is so ludicrous it's not evn funny.

Stand with your GPS 340 yards away from a green one day and imagine someone who claims to just have a hit every few weeks hitting it from where you're standing.

Yep. I know a guy who thinks he can hit his 3 iron 260 yards.

Don't get me wrong, he hits it a long way, he's a big hitter. But he always comes up well short and wonders why. lol

If I really catch one, I can carry about 280, and it's rare. Depending on the conditions, that ends up anywhere from 280 to 330 yards. But my average is closer to 275, even though I used to think it was 300 (And I was hitting it shorter then).

GPS is an eye opener.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I'm guessing that either you don't know or perhaps you don't remember what it's like to be athletic. My average swing speed over fifteen swings was 122mph last week with the driver, at the local big box. Never said I was a good golfer, but yes, I hit the ball a long way.

Show us a video of this 122mph swing speed.

We may see a 122 mph swing. And the top right corner of the driver will barely make contact with the ball, sending it 17 yards to the right.

Ryan M

Quote:

I'm guessing that either you don't know or perhaps you don't remember what it's like to be athletic.

My average swing speed over fifteen swings was 122mph last week with the driver, at the local big box. Never said I was a good golfer, but yes, I hit the ball a long way.

Dude, haven't you learned by now? Cameras can't capture that kind of speed. Too fast.

Tyler Martin

Dude, haven't you learned by now? Cameras can't capture that kind of speed. Too fast.

No I meant a video of him swinging with Trackman or something on to show us his swing speed and distance.

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Yep. I know a guy who thinks he can hit his 3 iron 260 yards.

Don't get me wrong, he hits it a long way, he's a big hitter. But he always comes up well short and wonders why. lol

If I really catch one, I can carry about 280, and it's rare. Depending on the conditions, that ends up anywhere from 280 to 330 yards. But my average is closer to 275, even though I used to think it was 300 (And I was hitting it shorter then).

GPS is an eye opener.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Some perspective for those who care, whether you believe it or not makes not one iota of difference to the reality that I am speaking the truth:

I'm in my mid 30's.. within the last five years, I was doing deadlifts with 315lbs for sets of 15. In university, my time in the 100m was in the 10s. It is amusing that some of you feel that PGA golfer's are in any way an athletic bunch.. Tiger and a few others excepted. Golf is a game of extremely precise hand-eye coordination and judgement - it is entirely possibly to be a very un-athletic person while scoring very well. Clubhead speed, on the other hand, is mostly a function of athleticism (flexibility and power). Your perspectives are predictably from the point of view of your own levels of athleticism.. thinking that I am somehow similar to you and therefore lying.

My local driving range has given me a friendly option of either not using my driver/3w or not coming to their property anymore.. the back fence is 250 yards on the money via laser (the kind you hunt with, accurate to more than 1,000 yards). My 3i catches the fence on the fly.. 3w and driver sail over into the farmer's fields behind. Thinking more critically, I don't think I can say 340 yards is an average drive for me.. that would definitely be a good drive, but they happen often enough.

Yes, I stepped the distances down in even 15 yard increments as an average.. based on weekly visits to a driving range for the past few years where verified yardage markers are posted every 25 yards. The distances are an approximation.. your non-belief is a dead giveaway of how athletic you are / were.

Every single time I play with a new group of clients, I hear the same thing.. "I have never seen anything like that". "I have never seen someone hit the ball that far". "What club did you say that was?!" "Why don't you hit already, they are out of range?" blah blah blah lol. It is actually quite a novel way of meeting new clients at networking tourneys.

Putting a video up of myself, for your entertainment and sure criticisms, is hardly a compelling proposition when you are offering nothing. If you are local to the Lower Mainland of BC, I would be more than happy to meet in person and give you the opportunity to put your money where your rather large mouth is.. I'll happily buy you a beer afterwards, with your money of course.

Flame away gents, flame away... I'm mildly embarrassed I actually spent this much time writing a reply.

Cheers

So we will be deprived of the awesomeness of your swing. I feel somehow saddened.  At least with Kelzzy we were able to see an exact replica of Tiger Woods' swing.

And my original impression that ALL people from B.C. were unassuming folks has been shattered.

I'm in my mid 30's.. within the last five years, I was doing deadlifts with 315lbs for sets of 15. In university, my time in the 100m was in the 10s. It is amusing that some of you feel that PGA golfer's are in any way an athletic bunch..

Umm, that makes you no more athletic than me, and it has no bearing on how far you can hit a golf ball.  It's not like the NFL is overrun with guys who average 320 yards off the tee.  Guys who think that athleticism is the main correlation with driving distance are usually giving away just how much they know about the golf swing.  That is what's amusing here

Your swing is what matters, not how fast you run or how much you lift.  Your ability to transfer that fast-twitch to the ball with speed and power is a function of mechanics.  You either have them or you don't, and only a couple swing videos would be necessary to verify it.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Some perspective for those who care, whether you believe it or not makes not one iota of difference to the reality that I am speaking the truth:

I'm in my mid 30's.. within the last five years, I was doing deadlifts with 315lbs for sets of 15. In university, my time in the 100m was in the 10s.

So? I'm 5'9" 160 lbs, and even my midget ass can deadlift 350. Doesn't help me hit it 400 yards. I also played wing (fastest guy) for the college Rugby team, have played football, baseball, and tennis all my life, and can blow most people off the line in a race. Again...doesn't help my golf game.

One of my golfing partners is much stronger than me, and I can hit my 3 wood farther than his driver.

The typical video excuse is a lame one, and only further validates the fact that you're full of shit. If you were truly that athletic, you'd have no problem putting YOUR money where your gigantic mouth is.

Ryan M

BTW, I've never seen a 3 iron carry over 250, and end up with a distance of 255. That may be the most impressive part.

I mean, your 3i hits the fence on the fly, which is 250 yards out. Which means it would carry what, 252-253? Maybe if you get your deadlift up to 350, you'll get more than 2 or 3 yards of rollout.

Ryan M

Normally the explanation for such distances we are given that is supposed to invoke the "Oh... I see....fair enough then." response is: "I used to play baseball", but more likely spelt "I use to play baseball."

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 974 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!