IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
ok...how do I insert a video?

The pic (avatar) is from a video my pro took (7 iron).

thx

You emailed it, btw, and I replied to tell you that you can't email videos.

I can also tell you that in no way is that video "proof" of anything… It's just your downswing. And it's not even a very good downswing, to be honest (see the spoiler tags). But please post it to YouTube as I mentioned, because… it should be quite entertaining. In no way do you hit your 7-iron 250 yards under anything approaching normal conditions. I'd wager you typically fail to break even a much lower number.

I hope you stick around, if you're able to deal with the blows that are almost certainly coming your way. And this assumes I've read everything properly: that you claim you hit your 7-iron 250+ yards high on that list.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can also tell you that in no way is that video "proof" of anything… It's just your downswing. And it's not even a very good downswing, to be honest (see the spoiler tags). But please post it to YouTube as I mentioned, because… it should be quite entertaining. In no way do you hit your 7-iron 250 yards under anything approaching normal conditions. I'd wager you typically fail to break even a much lower number.

I hope you stick around, if you're able to deal with the blows that are almost certainly coming your way. And this assumes I've read everything properly: that you claim you hit your 7-iron 250+ yards high on that list.

Oh wow, it doesn't even look like he transfers any weight until after he hits the ball. 250+ with a 7 iron using only arm strength. Doesn't add up.

BTW, I have met D1 college seniors who do hit their 7i over "180 yards". IDK how far it actually goes, because I lose sight of the ball because of the distance and the height it goes.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Oh wow, it doesn't even look like he transfers any weight until after he hits the ball. 250+ with a 7 iron using only arm strength. Doesn't add up.

Flippy, flat turn, little rotation, poor weight transfer.   Sadly it looks a lot like my 7-iron..... :8)

.....the one that I consider 157 to be the stock number.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Side note:

..48 yrs old

..235 lbs (105kg)

..30 years in gymns (power more than body building..max bench was 185kg..one rep tho)..though very little in last 7 years.

..20 years martial arts (Taekwondo and kick boxing).

..provincial (State I guess for USA) swimming.

Seems some people are calling me a liar...and that is most def. not the case. not even a single meter of exaggeration.

Agree a bit flippy..arm strength etc..this vid was a month  (Nov 14th 2013) after getting back into golf after some 30 years away from it. But with a lot of tuition it is improving.

Also..took national seniors long drive 3 weeks ago. 307.8m into the wind on boggy fairway without LD club..just normal Titleist 910.

:)

https://vimeo.com/93380400

Side note:

..48 yrs old

..235 lbs (105kg)

..30 years in gymns (power more than body building..max bench was 185kg..one rep tho)..though very little in last 7 years.

..20 years martial arts (Taekwondo and kick boxing).

..provincial (State I guess for USA) swimming.

Seems some people are calling me a liar...and that is most def. not the case.

You can still see the blur of the ball just after impact. The blur indicates that the camera is not a high speed type, and the fact that you can see it means the ball is most likely not going ~150mph. Plus your driver SS would need to be going 144mph to hit a 7i 220 much less 250.

Pretty much faster than any pro.

I'm not going to call you a liar because you probably do hit the ball far, just not as far as you think.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

[URL=https://vimeo.com/93380400]https://vimeo.com/93380400[/URL] Side note: ..48 yrs old ..235 lbs (105kg) ..30 years in gymns (power more than body building..max bench was 185kg..one rep tho)..though very little in last 7 years. ..20 years martial arts (Taekwondo and kick boxing). ..provincial (State I guess for USA) swimming. Seems some people are calling me a liar...and that is most def. not the case. not even a single meter of exaggeration. Agree a bit flippy..arm strength etc..this vid was a month  (Nov 14th 2013) after getting back into golf after some 30 years away from it. But with a lot of tuition it is improving. Also..took national seniors long drive 3 weeks ago. 307.8m into the wind on boggy fairway without LD club..just normal Titleist 910. :)

Your hands are almost BEHIND the ball at impact! So, you are claiming to hit your 7 iron 250+ yds with a pronounced casing motion? Funny...

April Fools was almost a month ago pal.-You arent gon' fool anyone here with that. Show us a TrackMAN readout or something. I think you might be confusing the nubmers 2 and 1. 2 is the bigger number and looks like this: 2-1 is the smaller number and looks like this: 1 140m Id believe.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

We don't think you are a liar, just very, very mistaken.

:-$

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Well..range finder says I am accurate.

Those swing machines at GolfersWorld say same.

Just posted what is. No more no less.

and 307.8m Is recorded at  Quantum Long Driving.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quantum-Driving/250085767884

the younger guys with LD clubs get a lot more.  Getting mine next wed...should add 33yds flight and 10yds roll. It is fun. and can bring the family..picnic..no walking etc.

Well..range finder says I am accurate. Those swing machines at GolfersWorld say same. Just posted what is. No more no less. and 307.8m Is recorded at  Quantum Long Driving. [URL=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quantum-Driving/250085767884]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quantum-Driving/250085767884[/URL] the younger guys with LD clubs get a lot more.  Getting mine next wed...should add 33yds flight and 10yds roll. It is fun. and can bring the family..picnic..no walking etc.

Okay, I could be wrong. . . The probability of catching the ball in that frame is pretty remote at 150mph and only 30fps.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Well..range finder says I am accurate.

Those swing machines at GolfersWorld say same.

Just posted what is. No more no less.

and 307.8m Is recorded at  Quantum Long Driving.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quantum-Driving/250085767884

the younger guys with LD clubs get a lot more.  Getting mine next wed...should add 33yds flight and 10yds roll. It is fun. and can bring the family..picnic..no walking etc.

I'm not going to call you a liar, because there are people that can hit the ball far.  My only question is what is your averages, not your best.  All your listing is your best drives.  Also, are these distances your talking about on the course in the fairway drives or on a range where direction doesn't matter?  Most world long distance drive champs won't hit a fairway very often swinging at those speeds.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

BTW, I have met D1 college seniors who do hit their 7i over "180 yards". IDK how far it actually goes, because I lose sight of the ball because of the distance and the height it goes.

I know one guy that might be able to hit a 7 iron over 225 yards (or in that neighborhood) but he really de-lofts his clubs. His trajectory on a 7 iron is about like mine on a 3 iron.

I'm not sure how far he could hit a 7 iron if he really wanted to see how far he could hit it, but if I had to bet an over/under for 225 yards I would bet over.

I was in a tournament one time that had a "long drive" hole (straight away 500 yards) and I hit a pretty good one so when I got to my ball I looked around for the sign to see if I had any chance. Finally I saw the sign waaaay down the fairway and inside of the 100 yard marker.

As soon as I saw the sign I knew who had hit it. (Damn!)

Edit: BTW when he hits the ball his mechanics look nothing like @NealR

better ..more complete than the cropped one prev. submitted. [URL=https://vimeo.com/93384397]https://vimeo.com/93384397[/URL]

Does not look even close to a 250 yard 7 iron swing.

It was shot with a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.

Those who disbelieve..well they have that right..they don't know me, never played with me.

Note: This thread is 980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!