IGNORED

Favorite Club?

Note: This thread is 1046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite club in your set?

• Driver
    • Fairway Wood
    • Hybrid
    • 5-iron
    • 6-iron
    • 7-iron
    • 8-iron
    • 9-iron
    • Wedge
    • Putter

I love my 7 iron. It's such a versatile club, in my opinion. I can hit it anywhere from about 200yd and in. Pretty easy for me to control accuracy and distance with it, and it also has a low enough loft were I can use it to punch-chip from under trees that are relatively close to the green.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 iron.

Driver:Adams 9064LS 9.5 *stiff

3 Wood: Nike VRs

Hybrid: Adams A7 19*

Irons: Nike VRs Pro Cavity 4-AW

Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56'

Putter: Nike Method mc3i1

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Bag: Ogio Assassin

Sand Wedge for me (56*). I'm very good with it from 50 yards and in, and around the greens. The best part is that it's my cheapest club; I picked it up for 20 bucks at the local golf store, but I love it!

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

My Cobra 60 degree. Without question the club the saves me the most strokes. If I didn't have that, I'd probably be in triple figures every round...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right now i doubt that question.

But i think i still have to go to my 52 gap wedge.

it's my go to club from 110 to 60 yards and i use it

for chips a lot.

However my new 3wd is getting close. It performs

so steady and i can hit it off the deck easy

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

• 1 month later...
Lets say you find a club that you are just very comfortable with. Could be an iron but in my case a driver. Everytime you swing you are confident and hit the ball well. So well all of my other drivers are being sold. Would you consider buying a backup to that club? (same club) in case while traveling or playing its gets destroyed? I am just curious. The driver I have is from 2011 so it may not be available for much longer as the technology changes.

• 4 months later...
So I just realized after walking off 18 today at the Rawls course (at Texas tech) that there is one special club that always pulls through when I need it. The steady, forgiving, "thank god I'm in range with this club"-club. What's your favorite club? Mine is my Nike VRS covert 3 hybrid with midsized Winn dry-tac grip. From ranges 250-220 I can manipulate this club and even on mis hits it flys true. I want to publicly thank my fav club for saving/making shots for me.

My new Cobra Baffler T Rail 5 wood. (Got it for 20 bucks on global golf!) Was never able to hit fairway woods off the deck well until this club. Now Im instantly getting 15 more yards than I would get with my 3H and its January! Can't wait for spring.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

I am always happy when I am in the 270 - 290 range.  I know I can do whatever is necessary with my 3 wood.  Many times I may lay up with a wedge off of the tee to leave myself that distance.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I am always happy when I am in the 270 - 290 range.  I know I can do whatever is necessary with my 3 wood.  Many times I may lay up with a wedge off of the tee to leave myself that distance.

Same here. :roll:

Brian Kuehn

I would love to have a club that "always" came through when I needed it. Sadly, I do not. That said, I tend to feel pretty confident when standing over my PW (for my shorter clubs) and 3W (for the longer clubs).

That's some confidence right there. Or sarcasm I can't tell over the internet.

My favorite, or a least one of them is a Taylormade # 5 tour hybrid, stiff tour shaft, mid grip with the hosel adjusted to reflect a 26 (?) degree of loft. if I Step on it I can hit it 230, choke down an inch or so swing smooth I can drop it on the pin from 170-185. To me its like 3 clubs in one

DRIVEWAY!  BOOM!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 1046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!