IGNORED

I must be crazy, but I love the rain!!

gohardorgohome
Note: This thread is 5387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just played my first round of golf that had a significant about of rain. For the first 9, is was raining on-and-off with some moment of hard downpour. I loved it. There's something about standing on the tee box fighting the elements and still making a solid gold swing that makes me feel "Aaaah!"

I don't think anyone else in my group liked it at all. Anyone else like playing in the rain?

I like playing in slight drizzle. Because it is enough to clear the course, but not enough to make me miserable during a round.

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

I don't mind a drizzle with some downpour.......just don't like it when raw cold accompanies the rain!

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

I've recorded some of my best scores this summer in the rain, so yeah, it isn't bothering me (for now).

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

If it is warm and raining it really isn't that bad. I can tolerate it but it is not ideal for me. Cold and raining just flat out sucks.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I like to play in the rain as long as it's not cold or strong wind. Walking around in water proof clothes and shoes and a big umbrella is nice. Soft rain is fine, but not extreme downpour. I'd rather have it a bit colder than very windy. It's no problem to wear some extra clothing to keep warm, but the wind is annoying. Affecting all my shots and the umbrella blowing all around the place. Just ordered a new water proof cap and a twin canopy umbrella to see if that helps.

Putting is a bit more tricky, but you get used to it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't like the rain, but I make a point to play in the rain from time to time so that if I happen to be in a tournament and it rains I won't be too distracted.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

If you like the rain, come to Oregon. We have lots of rainy winter ball :)

A Work in Progress:

Bag: Physics Stand Bag (ebay dirt cheap special)
Driver: Knight GTi Tour 285 10*
3 Wood: r7 ST 15*5 Wood: "The Perfect Club" 21* rescueHybrids: None... yetIrons: Burner Super Steel 3-9Wedges: Burner Super Steel PW, AW, SWPutter: BlackJack 206Ball: NXT or ProV-1 (used)

I've played in the rain my fair share of times. It's like the weather God knows when i'm on a gold course. I prefer sun though.

I like playing in slight drizzle. Because it is enough to clear the course, but not enough to make me miserable during a round.

This. ^^^ ;)

I work at a course and get to play for free when there is a spot open on the tee sheet. When it rains or drizzles, people don't play too much so that's when I head out there (usually alone, but I find it relaxing) and get in some solid games. ;)

Driver Cleveland HiBORE XLS 9.5°

Hybrid 3I Adams A7

Irons 3-PW Wilson Air Power

Wedges Cleveland CG10 52° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 56° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 60° Gunmetal

Putter Cleveland Classic #3

Best Score 80 (+8) - July 22, 2011 @ Highland Woods Golf Course (Blue Tees - 71.7/122)

Rain is fun to play in because it helps you keep cool and makes everything nice and soft. Also less people play during tough weather which makes it even more fun.

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

I don't mind the rain to much. Until my clubs start to slide out of my hands.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

I like the rain for it's course clearing properties too. I'm not too keen on a heavy rain when it's lower than 60 though.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I like it for competition because i feel like i have an advantage, being able to fight through it. The wind is another story. It messes with my mind because i don know what my natural ballflight is that day and club selection becomes tricky.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't mind the rain every now and then but I don't make a habit of playing in the rain. I'll only play in the rain if it's a weekend round with a booked tee time. If it's raining on a week day and I planned on playing I just put it off.

I'm not a huge fan of golfing in the rain if its anything more than a really really light drizzle. I'm spoiled by Southern/Central California's weather so I don't really have a problem with too much rain

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

Note: This thread is 5387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!