Jump to content
Jeepthrills

Too Fast Play?

114 posts / 6436 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, KrisF said:

Let me give you some details here, I am -playing- the fast group decides not to wait for me at the tee box to ask if they can play though. So its quite frustrating when someone asks you during your stroke.

As I said in another thread I have a hard time elaborating details.

The fast group is behind you. How can they wait for you on the tee box to ask to play through?

You should be waiting for them to let them play through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

Just out of curiosity @KrisF, exactly how slow are you?

How long does your average round take?

5 Hours can be more depending on the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KrisF said:

5 Hours can be more depending on the day.

Sorry bud, but that's just not acceptable in most cases.

Maybe if there are very few people out on the course and you automatically allow everyone through, that would be ok. That would be about it.

Five hours doesn't cut it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Sorry bud, but that's just not acceptable in most cases.

Maybe if there are very few people out on the course and you automatically allow everyone through, that would be ok. That would be about it.

Five hours doesn't cut it.

Alright im done talking about this, I swear if I start another explosion in other threads...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, KrisF said:

5 Hours can be more depending on the day.

giphy.gif

5 hours is too slow as a foursome. If you're playing in 5 hours as a single, then that's way too slow. Literally hours too slow.

I can sort of understand the idea of playing better by taking a bit more time. But that means a few more seconds here and there. Not minutes per shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Jeremie Boop said:

You can't be serious about taking that long to play 18 as a single.

I don’t thInk anything this kid is writing is serious. He’s just messing around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I don’t thInk anything this kid is writing is serious. He’s just messing around.

Right. 

That earlier thread on his gradual improvement problem (or whatever that was) make it kind of obvious now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I don’t thInk anything this kid is writing is serious. He’s just messing around.

 

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Right. 

That earlier thread on his gradual improvement problem (or whatever that was) make it kind of obvious now. 

You guys are assuming! You have no idea who I am or how I do things in my actual life! You warn me for trolling which I did not do at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are painting a VERY clear picture, my friend. In fact, you are explicitly telling us.

What's the expresssion? "When someone tells you who they are, believe them."

Edited by leftybutnotPM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, leftybutnotPM said:

You are painting a VERY clear picture, my friend. In fact, you are explicitly telling us.

Everything I say is "Trolling" How is that possible? 

I am not here to screw with anybody, and I never intended that. Instead y'all are screwing with me.

6 minutes ago, KrisF said:

Everything I say is "Trolling" How is that possible? 

I am not here to screw with anybody, and I never intended that. Instead y'all are screwing with me.

What exactly did I do wrong? Prove it to me. Then I will start proving my statements in the other thread.

10 minutes ago, leftybutnotPM said:

You are painting a VERY clear picture, my friend. In fact, you are explicitly telling us.

What's the expresssion? "When someone tells you who they are, believe them."

Thats not even what the actual quote is. Maya Angelou Quotes. When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

Edited by KrisF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KrisF said:

Everything I say is "Trolling" How is that possible? 

I am not here to screw with anybody, and I never intended that. Instead y'all are screwing with me.

You’ve made several posts that simply don’t make sense. When asked for clarification you say you don’t like to give details. You’ve said you have psychological issues. You’re all over the place. Not sure why your golf story is such a coveted secret to you. Nobody cares. We’re all here to talk about golf and learn how to play better. The owner of this site, @iacas has put countless hours into this place and it’s a fantastic site to get instruction, learn some history and express your opinions on golf topics and more. You must have some goal you’d like to achieve regarding golf. Present it. Clearly, and without all the wishy washy bs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

You’ve made several posts that simply don’t make sense. When asked for clarification you say you don’t like to give details. You’ve said you have psychological issues. You’re all over the place. Not sure why your golf story is such a coveted secret to you. Nobody cares. We’re all here to talk about golf and learn how to play better. The owner of this site, @iacas has put countless hours into this place and it’s a fantastic site to get instruction, learn some history and express your opinions on golf topics and more. You must have some goal you’d like to achieve regarding golf. Present it. Clearly, and without all the wishy washy bs. 

I respect what iacas has done here and I do not intend to ruin anything he has done.

The only thing ruined is me. Because of one little mistake that caused a series of other mistakes.

 

Just now, KrisF said:

I respect what iacas has done here and I do not intend to ruin anything he has done.

The only thing ruined is me. Because of one little mistake that caused a series of other mistakes.

 

And now I have to fix every little hole I punched out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KrisF said:

I respect what iacas has done here and I do not intend to ruin anything he has done.

The only thing ruined is me. Because of one little mistake that caused a series of other mistakes.

 

5 hours? I hope you’re joking. You can play “fast” and still have an enjoyable time. Fast doesn’t mean you run to every shot, grab a club, and swing.

Fast simply means be ready to execute your shot once it is your turn. You can do a lot of things when it is not your turn in order to be ready to play your shot. Ready golf. People got stuff to besides golf. Plus, pace of play is usually a “rule” and perhaps even tracked by marshals at some courses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

5 hours? I hope you’re joking. You can play “fast” and still have an enjoyable time. Fast doesn’t mean you run to every shot, grab a club, and swing.

Fast simply means be ready to execute your shot once it is your turn. You can do a lot of things when it is not your turn in order to be ready to play your shot. Ready golf. People got stuff to besides golf. Plus, pace of play is usually a “rule” and perhaps even tracked by marshals at some courses. 

Im done talking in here, No one will believe me because of what I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KrisF said:

No one will believe me because of what I did.

Actions have consequences...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, KrisF said:

Im done talking in here, No one will believe me because of what I did.

This is the wishy washy bs I was referring to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 minutes ago, KrisF said:

 

Thats not even what the actual quote is. Maya Angelou Quotes. When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

And you claim not to be trolling.....

 

Here is what I wrote:

Quote
Quote

What's the expression? When someone tells you who they are, believe them."

 

Care to explain your outrage? I did ask a question. 

Edited by leftybutnotPM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...