IGNORED

The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing

iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by retgi

jacas,

I'm 65 retired and hit my first golf ball less than two years ago.  I almost gave it up within the first six months when I stumbled across S&T.; Bought the book and DVD set and a few weeks later I was much more consistent and actually made a hole-in-one!.  I'm self taught and would like to improve and break ninety with SnT.  Can you recommend any SnT instructors in the Ocala or Tampa Bay areas as I'm right in the middle in Homosassa....thank you....

James Hirshfield is in the Orlando area now, as I understand.  While I wouldn't say he's a "stack and tilt" instructor, I do know that he knows the pattern, he's a great instructor and will have you improving in short time.  I highly recommend the trip to see him.

Damn straight he's a great instructor. James is my hero. I've never played so well since going to see him.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

jacas,

I'm 65 retired and hit my first golf ball less than two years ago.  I almost gave it up within the first six months when I stumbled across S&T.; Bought the book and DVD set and a few weeks later I was much more consistent and actually made a hole-in-one!.  I'm self taught and would like to improve and break ninety with SnT.  Can you recommend any SnT instructors in the Ocala or Tampa Bay areas as I'm right in the middle in Homosassa....thank you....

It looks like there are a couple of S&T; instructors in the Tampa Bay area. Here is the website: https://stackandtilt.com/stackandtilt-instructors/

Good Luck!

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

My game went so south...in the crapper ..when is tackled stack and tilt... So disappointing, I loved the vids and books..but took my game to all new lows. Shank city,,,, But cool theory That tilted shoulders move not only gave me a lot of pain...I couldn't stop shanking..and hitting duck hooks Anyone else run into this? Even went to local snt instructor here, theory and books sitting on shelf in den.. Disappointed to say the least I couldn't do it

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

I think what it was,,,hands so far forward at address. Weight left.. Made me swing super inside out,, Damn I shanked and duck hooked it. But I did make ball 1st contact a lot..,and learned a lot about ball flights. But stack and tilt made my game stack and wilt

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

My game went so south...in the crapper ..when is tackled stack and tilt... So disappointing, I loved the vids and books..but took my game to all new lows. Shank city,,,,

But cool theory

That tilted shoulders move not only gave me a lot of pain...I couldn't stop shanking..and hitting duck hooks

Anyone else run into this? Even went to local snt instructor here, theory and books sitting on shelf in den.. Disappointed to say the least I couldn't do it

Just like anything, it's not for everyone. I can say that I had trouble shanking the ball when I started. It turned out that I was rolling my wrists too much and allowing the club face to open up on the backswing. This made it very difficult to roll by forearms back and get the club face back to square (or keep it slightly open to the target, but closed to the swing path to hit a draw). Not letting my forearms roll and keeping the club face more closed took care of that. It took a bit of work to get the feel of that. The forearm roll is something that Bennett and Plummer talk about in the DVDs. My club face issue was picked up by a S&T; instructor.

Brands I use:

• Administrator
C, please stick to the topic. That topic is defined in the first post. It is not DOCF. Edit: nm.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

First, I am not going to be able to take lessons due to time and expense not really fitting the family priority right now.

So that said, I really like what I've read about Stack and Tilt and if I wanted to start to teach it to myself, what would be the first element of the new swing to work on?  I know the book has instructions, but I'm wondering what people who have done it would say?

The best way to start is to stop.  S&T; is a myth and a fad.  Talk to me when you see a majority of tour pros switching to S&T.;

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Get the Book

Get S&T; 2.0

Read the threads here

http://thesandtrap.com/t/64993/weight-forward-using-swingcatalyst-and-sam-balance-lab-to-explain-pressure-throughout-the-swing

http://thesandtrap.com/t/65681/s-t-2-0-dvds-and-pressure-weight-forward-an-examination

Practice a lot in front of a mirror

Video yourself.

Post your swing here and get pro feedback

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I agree but the S&T; 2.0 DVDs are maybe too detailed for people starting from scratch. I've only see one of the original DVD but it does a good job at describing the base model.

First, I am not going to be able to take lessons due to time and expense not really fitting the family priority right now.

So that said, I really like what I've read about Stack and Tilt and if I wanted to start to teach it to myself, what would be the first element of the new swing to work on?  I know the book has instructions, but I'm wondering what people who have done it would say?

In addition to Mr. Desmond's great advice above, try checking out the YouTube videos that are on the S&T; website below. Even though the Golf Evolution guys are no longer teaching S&T;,  their old YouTube clips on S&T; are excellent.

https://stackandtilt.com/stack-tilt-on-the-web/?tubepress_page=1

Brands I use:

Thats one way of putting it-Here is another http://thesandtrap.com/t/65681/s-t-2-0-dvds-and-pressure-weight-forward-an-examination . S&T; is a good swing and I think even icas and mvmike will say so but their information has been exposed as having huge holes.[quote name="scopek" url="/t/30537/the-stack-and-tilt-golf-swing/1530#post_908381"]In addition to Mr. Desmond's great advice above, try checking out the YouTube videos that are on the S&T; website below. Even though the Golf Evolution guys are no longer teaching S&T;,  their old YouTube clips on S&T; are excellent.  [URL=https://stackandtilt.com/stack-tilt-on-the-web/?tubepress_page=1]https://stackandtilt.com/stack-tilt-on-the-web/?tubepress_page=1[/URL] [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Thats one way of putting it-Here is another http://thesandtrap.com/t/65681/s-t-2-0-dvds-and-pressure-weight-forward-an-examination . S&T; is a good swing and I think even icas and mvmike will say so but their information has been exposed as having huge holes.

I'm aware of their data and have read those postings. As a relatively beginning golfer, my attitude is that I've recently found an excellent S&T; teacher close to home and trust his teaching. If I were in Erie, I'd be at the Golf Evolution door step asking for lessons as soon as possible. But a bird in the hand....

What my new instructor is having me work on is loading a bit more weight left and keeping centered in the back swing. He doesn't get into whether or not the weight and/or pressure actually shifts in reality. It's more about not allowing a right lateral shift. As an amateur, I'm not sure I necessarily care about what a pressure analysis would tell me as long as I'm improving. :)

Brands I use:

The best way to start is to stop.  S&T; is a myth and a fad.  Talk to me when you see a majority of tour pros switching to S&T.;

No.  The Loch Ness Monster is a myth and bell bottoms are a fad.  S&T; is a golf swing.

• Upvote 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Bell bottoms were a fad.

Scopek, you can do a lot worse than a decent S&T; instructor. Work at it, keep an open mind, live long and prosper.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• Administrator

To address what Pill said above (see, I can misspell your name too dummy), uhhh… I will just point out that two of the four new Directors of Instruction for 5SK (San Antonio, TX and Louisville, KY) were/are also network or authorized S&T; instructors, and the S&T; swing, done properly, achieves all 5 Simple Keys®.

Beyond that, I don't wish to say much, or have anything spoken for me on my behalf. I also agree with anyone who basically told Gaijin that he made a stupid post.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Bell bottoms were a fad.

Scopek, you can do a lot worse than a decent S&T; instructor. Work at it, keep an open mind, live long and prosper.

Were?  Does this mean I am out of fashion, again!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

What my new instructor is having me work on is loading a bit more weight left and keeping centered in the back swing. He doesn't get into whether or not the weight and/or pressure actually shifts in reality. It's more about not allowing a right lateral shift. As an amateur, I'm not sure I necessarily care about what a pressure analysis would tell me as long as I'm improving. :)

Weight forward on the backswing doesn't happen with a centered pivot so make sure feel doesn't become real.  Mistake or misconception for S&T; students is to translate the head down and forward on the backswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram