IGNORED

Tiger Back in 2 weeks???

Yukari
Note: This thread is 5194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...play the masters with no tournament practice beforehand? doubtful...it IS Tiger...you really think he'd come in cold with no tourney warmup first?...

I just have a feeling he will return to the form when he embarrassed the field at the Masters for his first win. It's all between the ears for Tiger. He was a much more dominate player before the Marriage and Kids...which led to the strippers unfortunately.

I think his anchor point will be his kids and saving his marriage on his return, golf will be his exclamation point to that. Strippers = Bad

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe in second chances but I haven't heard a word from his mouth since this happened. Have heard no word of remorse. So until I hear that I can't say I'll be glad to see him back. Plus, I agree with the old heads that he needs to come back with a bit more humble attitude. You can play with fire without being an ass.

Tiger comments on current events By Tiger Woods I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone. Source: http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/artic...27740572/news/ I fail to see the connection of his private life with the Tour and other statements in this thread that do not relate to the OP's topic. I don't understand why people, without personal knowledge of Tiger Woods' family life, are so judgemental.
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

I agree with you that Doctorfro seems to be contradicting himself. He seems to be saying he will forgive Tiger only if he asks for it.

Not trying to be pedantic here, but usually giving someone a second chance DOES mean there are strings attached. When a boss tells an employee "I'm going to give you a second chance and not fire you for your screw ups this time, but we're going to put in place a performance improvement plan for you to keep your job", or when a judge tells a newly convicted felon "I don't really think you're big risk to society, so I'm going to give you a second chance and sentence you to probation with many conditions that you'll have to meet" there are nothing but strings attached. Or when a wife catches here husband cheating (hmmm, perhaps Elin?) and says "I'm going to give you a second chance, but here are the conditions you MUST comply with or I take half of everything you own and will make for years to come". Rarely are second chances in life without strings. Personally, I have been very disappointed in watching Tiger "degrade" over the last few years with all the club throwing, cursing, etc. It doesn't seem like he enjoys the game much anymore. Many years ago I was fortunate enough to play a round with he and his dad when he was 16, and it seems that the Tiger I met then was much more disciplined and mature than the one we see nearly 16 years later. But although I have rooted for him because of my impressions from that day and my acquantance with a friend of Tiger's dad, I really don't feel his off-course life should be judged as severely it has been - he's just a human like all of us, and I imagine that the obsessive and selfish personality needed to play the game at that level comes with a whole set of personality flaws. But I hope Tiger gets back out playing soon because the Tour just isn't the same without him. And while I hope he shows remorse, comes back a little more humble and as a calmer man without the tantrums, it really doesn't matter to me if he does or doesn't because we need his competitive obsession back out on Tour. We need those #1 versus #2 battles. Those back nine charges into contention. The insurmountable leads that makes others wilt away. Those amazing putts that always seem to fall when needed the most. Those miracle shots played by a player who wants to win and not simply cash a good check. Those are the qualities that make the Tour exciting and fun, and if the man behind them is a kind, generous person with strong values we all admire, then all the better because he'll be someone we really want to root for, and if he degenerates into someone that ends up the sports "villian" we end up rooting against then that's OK too. Because it isn't the offcourse activities that keeps us glued to the TV on Sunday, but instead the amazing drama on the course, and no delivers that better than Tiger.

Tiger owes the public nothing except living up to the title of the world's best golfer. And, I think Iacas got it right that Tiger isn't out to "please" anybody (fans). He's there to win golf tournaments. Also, while I am a huge Mickelson fan, I wouldn't mind seeing the 2 best players battle it out...again.

It brings back good memories of last year's Masters Sunday, even though neither was likely to win. Or the U.S. Open, where both were near the top of the leaderboard towards the end. Or the TOUR Championship last year.

I don't understand why people, without personal knowledge of Tiger Woods' family life, are so judgemental.

It's unfortunately very common to see people judge someone for a situation that the judge could never have been in, whether it's a policeman using seemingly excessive force or an athlete taking ill-advised professionals. It's a way to feel good about oneself -- "I would never cheat on Elin," say plenty of people who, probably, have never had a chance to cheat on their wife. It's unfortunate that such persons may affect Tiger's experience in coming back, and I wonder if that's why he didn't return at Torrey Pines, where he usually draws a huge crowd. And it makes me wonder why he didn't choose this week, when so many of the crowd are going to watch a 3-handicap and a 4.6-handicap compete instead of watching Phil.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Personally I don't care when he comes back if at all. What he put his wife and kids through should be enough to kick him off the tour.

Blah, blah, blah blah blah. What a load of sanctimonious crap. This thread was about whether or not Tiger is coming back in two weeks, keep your judgmental hypocracy to yourself. I am really tired of self righteous piety.

I like watching the best as well, however I do agree with what Watson commented, " Tiger needs to show humility".....if Tiger cares is different story.

I agree with that as well, this would be a great time for Tiger to finally elevate himself beyond the temper issues.He has an incredible personality when he shows it and he could do wonders if he drops his entourage and goes humble, kinda like a Boo that we can understand.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I've said this before, and it may be unrealistic, but I'd like to see Tiger play very few tournaments outside of the majors, just like Ben Hogan did in the early 1950s after his accident.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

what's YOUR defense and argument then for him to fall apart other than to say, "oh he's a mess he'll never be back to his old self" ?

I certainly don't think he will be at Augusta this year. Not a chance.

I see it like this: * he comes back any time this year = 25% * he takes 12 months off = 25% * he takes 18 months off = 25% * he's done for good = 25% But then, what does anyone know about this guy? Everyone assumes that breaking Nicklaus's 18 Majors is the primary motivation for getting up in the morning, hitting the gym, the driving-range when you have close to $US100+ million. But is that the case? How many times do you hear him mention the 18 Majors in interviews? Correct me if I'm horribly mistaken, but I've havent actually heard him say it. When guys interview him about what drives him on he says stuff like "I want to get better" or "it's all about 'W's". No mention of Jack Nicklaus. No mention of 18 Majors being the primary target. Ever. Am I wrong? If so, I apologize and I await quotes from Woods proving otherwise. This brings us round to Woods current mindset - a state that one can imagine being a combination of shame, embarrassment and self-pity. This isn't just some 'affair' that he got caught out by, LOL. And as I said before, he is quoted as saying, if he feels he cannot come back and be a better player than he has been - he will walk away. Period. Forget the obvious difficulty he's going to have making that first public comeback - and let's not argue here - whatever spotlight was on him before, is going to be magnified 100x more. The amount of comments and ridivule he's going to be subjected to from now on is uncalcuable.(see last year's US Open for proof of 'the galley'). This is nothing like his father dying or a knee blowing-out...not even close. Sponsors are dropping him like a bad habit...the public are looking on at him with ridicule, not sympathy. Some of the comments made on here about "oh he'll deal with it like he does everything else before" is just hilarious. It's almost like a) you've haven't fully realised the magnitude of what's happened, b) you're burying your heads in the sand or c) you're just dumb.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Everyone assumes that breaking Nicklaus's 18 Majors is the primary motivation for getting up in the morning, hitting the gym, the driving-range when you have close to $US100+ million.

Although I didn't "hear" it, he was asked point blank in a Golf Digest interview last summer, "Who is the best player of all time?"

His answer was Jack Nicklaus, then he cited Jack's 18 majors. Nothing else was mentioned in defense of his opinion. I'd say that brief answer to a pointed question tells all.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

This is

Ooh boy, more of your unsubstantiated crap: obviously if anyone disagrees it

must be a, b, or c. His mental game has always been one of his strengths, IIRC you stated that yourself. That is a point in his favor, not against it as you seem to believe. In the past, he has faced adversity, distractions, etc.. In the past, his mental toughness has allowed him to surmount the obstacles and continue to be the best in the world. It follows from this that he's better equipped than many or most guys on tour (or in the world) to find his way through the current troubles and continue to be at the top of the game. His history of success is evidence that he's more likely to succeed again than anything else. There's no way to be certain what the outcome will be (your apparent direct line to the powers above notwithstanding), but all the evidence we have suggests that he'll find a way.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Ooh boy, more of your unsubstantiated crap: obviously if anyone disagrees it

So which are you? A, B or C?

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

This is

Or maybe it's a just bigger deal to you than it is to Tiger or anyone else. You act like rather than simply going to bed with these women that he had instead raped and tortured them. And he is no longer in a position to need sponsors. He has the money to do as he likes for the rest of his life. Why should he worry about sponsorship?

If you think that there is any chance at all, even a .001% chance that he will never return, then you are c). If you think that he isn't driven by the goal of passing Jack's records then you are b). This incident will make that goal even more important to him to help make people somewhat forget his iniquities.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Also, if Tiger comes back, the sponsors would be all over him after some time. The worlds best golfer won't be long without sponsors when this episode is history.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Just heard today Tiger has not signed up for the tournament so we will have to wait for his return. It has been a long time since seeing him play, and i would like to watch the number 1 again.

Driver:Titleist 910 D3

3 Wood Cleveland XLS Hibore
4 Hybird: Cleveland Launcher 4 Iron
Irons: Titleist AP2 irons 4-PW
Wedges: Titlesit 52 degree spin milled Titleist 56 degree spin milled Titleist 60 degree Spin Milled   
Putter: Studio Select 2 Midslant Scotty Cameron

So which are you? A, B or C?

Wow, you totally missed Zeg's sarcasm. He's saying that you unjustifiably limited the options to A, B, and C when many other possibilities exist -- for instance, that you're the one "burying your head in the sand" and "just dumb," to quote your choices B and C.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Wow, you totally missed Zeg's sarcasm. He's saying that you unjustifiably limited the options to A, B, and C when many other possibilities exist -- for instance, that you're the one "burying your head in the sand" and "just dumb," to quote your choices B and C.

Well, I sort of assumed he was being cheeky there.

I hadn't really thought about Fourputt's very good point that TW doesn't have much need fos sponsors any more. Heck, I'll bet they (and golf) need him a lot more than he needs them.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Just heard today Tiger has not signed up for the tournament so we will have to wait for his return. It has been a long time since seeing him play, and i would like to watch the number 1 again.

Bummer!

I was hoping to see him action soon. I like watching golf whether he is in the field or not, but my interest certainly increases when he is in the field.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Myself I hope he returns soon. What he does off the course is none of our business. The media feeds on this and I think it is a shame. That being said I do not agree with what he has done. Everyone makes mistakes. Can you imagine if the tabloids printed articles on everyone who was unfaithful to their mate. How big would that magizine be. I do think this has hurt his squeaky clean image but to talk about taking away how he makes his living crazy. I hope all works out for him but lets face it. The PGA tour needs Tiger way more than he needs them.

In the bag.
Driver- Callaway X-Hot 10*
Woods- Callaway X2 Hot 15*
Hybrid- Callaway X-Hot 19*
Irons-Ping G20 4-GW  Wedges- Ping iwedge 56*,58*  Putter- Ping D67 IN   Ball-Callaway Tour-ix

Note: This thread is 5194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!