IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

F&G; is just such a well balanced show.  perfect mix of comedy, nostalgia, touching moments.

the episode where Neil is riding his bike around with the garage door opener looking for his dad is heartbreaking.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by colin007

F&G; is just such a well balanced show.  perfect mix of comedy, nostalgia, touching moments.

the episode where Neil is riding his bike around with the garage door opener looking for his dad is heartbreaking.

Yea, that was a great episode. Dead Dogs and Gym Teachers has that same sort of heartbreaking vibe to it. Each episode is a gem in its own way.

I dunno if you've seen Undeclared , but I sort of describe it as methadone for Freaks and Geeks junkies. It wasn't nearly as good, but it was a decent respite from the loss of F+G. Lots of the same actors, same writers, and directors. Plus, it aired when I was a freshman in college so it was extra nostalgic for me.

Constantine

If you liked "The Office", try "The Thick of it". It's similar, but in a political setting.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yea, that was a great episode. Dead Dogs and Gym Teachers has that same sort of heartbreaking vibe to it. Each episode is a gem in its own way. I dunno if you've seen [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undeclared]Undeclared[/URL], but I sort of describe it as methadone for Freaks and Geeks junkies. It wasn't nearly as good, but it was a decent respite from the loss of F+G. Lots of the same actors, same writers, and directors. Plus, it aired when I was a freshman in college so it was extra nostalgic for me.

Some guy put the entire series of Undeclared on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/duffman1658?feature=watch

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I watched the first episode of 'The Following' which stars Kevin Bacon.  It airs on Fox, Monday evenings.  It was pretty decent... I went in with very low expectations and came out after the first episode with some real interest to see how they keep this show moving forward.  Did anyone else see it?  What did you think?

I watched The Following on Hulu today, and I'm pretty excited to watch the next episode. I didn't expect much, but it kept my interest very well. That's what happens when fog ruins my PGA TOUR viewing on a Saturday, lol.
  • Upvote 1

I've enjoyed watching Suits since it came on the air. It's not the best show in the world, but for some reason I always enjoy it. So that's nice.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I've enjoyed watching Suits since it came on the air. It's not the best show in the world, but for some reason I always enjoy it. So that's nice.

That's the favorite show of the wife and I to watch together. :)

Just watched the 2nd episode of 'The Following' on Fox.  This show is legit... I'm liking it.  If you are looking for a quality show to watch during the slow winter season, it's definitely worth a watch.

Really digging Samcro!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Not sure if anyone watches Community , but on Sunday's telecast Nick Faldo described Tiger's game as "streets ahead." #SixMajorsAndAMovie? Also, October 19th is in nine days.

In my bag:

Watching this now, on the third episode. Good stuff. [IMG]http://cdn-7.nflximg.com/images/5113/2075113.jpg[/IMG]

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I just finished season five of the Office. Love this show! It has me rolling on the floor. I'm downloading season six right now.

So, Jamo, you'd say after season seven it's not worth watching anymore?

Constantine

I just finished season five of the Office. Love this show! It has me rolling on the floor. I'm downloading season six right now.  So, Jamo, you'd say after season seven it's not worth watching anymore?

Well, Michael leaves at the end of season 7. They managed a few nice/touching moments towards the end of his run, if you can get past the awful writing for Will Ferrell's character. It is, though, without a doubt the worst season with Michael. Season 8 was a steaming pile of poo. I watched the whole thing because I love the show and the characters are still interesting. It's clear they tried to write, well, I won't give away who they replace Michael with if you don't know, but they tried to write him as "Michael-lite" and it didn't really work. The only bright spot was Erin, who was probably the funniest character that season. IIRC, Pam isn't in something like half the episodes, which kinda sucked. Season 9, the last one, has been solid so far. The guy who adapted the British version for TV and who was the showrunner for a while, Greg Daniels, came back this year. Not sure if that's been what's keeping it watchable, but it is better. If you've gotten that far I'd say just watch them all (if only so you can watch the ending of season 9 and know what's going on), but the best seasons are definitely behind you.

In my bag:

So any of you watching 'The Following' yet?  Am I the only regular on here watching it?   You guys are missing a pretty good show...  It kind of reminds me of the movie Seven for some reason?

The music/score is awesome.  Especially when they sneak in songs from epic bands like Massive Attack:

Or the Deftones...

If you like the spy genre, check out The Americans . I finished House of Cards and it is awesome, especially if you like political dramas. If The Following is using such great music, Mezzanine is one of my all time favorite albums, I'll try a couple of episodes, as soon as I catch up with Justified .

Steve