IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Holy. That last minute of The Leftovers. I watched the last minute of the show over and over again and even played along with the music on the piano. Wow.

It was particularly interesting because it made me realize that in the pilot episode, not only did we not see any of the main characters "lose" people, we didn't see anyone who was looking at someone lose someone. The lady in the car with the baby, etc. were all looking away IIRC, while Tommy and Jill were actually holding hands with the people that disappeared. Laurie's story was particularly insane.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really liked the show but totally agree with you

I'm lucky, I caught on to the show late, and binged on seasons one to three in a marathon. After that, it became a chore to watch it. This final season was the first that I've watched live. I keep hoping HBO will bring back Carnivalé, but I have a better shot of making the tour than that happening.

Corey

Laurie's story was particularly insane.

It kind of makes you think that we'll never see the "lost" people again. Unless the baby went into the body of another woman.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

It was particularly interesting because it made me realize that in the pilot episode, not only did we not see any of the main characters "lose" people, we didn't see anyone who was looking at someone lose someone. The lady in the car with the baby, etc. were all looking away IIRC, while Tommy and Jill were actually holding hands with the people that disappeared. Laurie's story was particularly insane.

When the human circuit light went off. That metaphor was too much. Nora kept that paper towel holder empty for 3 years. I guess the disappearers believe life begins at conception? The manhole cover, the deer, Patti's end of world feelings. Again with the could be explained by normal circumstances or just enough to be supernatural.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

It kind of makes you think that we'll never see the "lost" people again. Unless the baby went into the body of another woman.

I kind of hope we never really get the answer. Especially if it comes after a few seasons, nothing they come up with would be perfect. Just like with Lost. [quote name="nevets88" url="/t/32874/favorite-tv-show-s/900_30#post_1046737"] The manhole cover, the deer, Patti's end of world feelings . Again with the could be explained by normal circumstances or just enough to be supernatural.[/quote] I actually thought that was weird. Maybe a little TOO coincidental, especially because of what happened to her in the previous episode. [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]Are we supposed to believe now that she somehow predicted the whole thing? If so, that would make the whole GR thing a little easier to swallow (her as the leader of this semi-religious cult), but if that's the case, why would they kill her off? And it doesn't really explain why it's a (presumably) worldwide organization. I'm curious now, and I wonder if that's something we'll get an answer to.[/SPOILER] I hope we see more flashback episodes, but the fact that they ended this one with the disappearance might make that tough. [quote name="nevets88" url="/t/32874/favorite-tv-show-s/900_30#post_1046737"] I guess the disappearers believe life begins at conception?[/quote] That actually entered my mind too. :smartass:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Nora kept that paper towel holder empty for 3 years.

Nora is my favorite character so far but this multi-personality/amnesia thing with Kevin is going to lead to some interesting stuff ...I hope.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Gotta give props to Lindelof or whomever responsible for choosing Max Richter for scoring the music. He's popular and well regarded in contemporary classical music circles. It is strange how this show combines so many actors from tv/movie niches. A former Doctor Who, Donna from The West Wing, Scott Glenn from The Hunt for Red October, Ann Dowd, Liv Tyler, etc... What the hell is Liv Tyler doing in this show? Not complaining. Just weird.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Well I maybe did want to watch this show, but now that I've read the last ten posts, I'm not so sure I'll be able to sit through the first several episodes since I now know a bit about the ending. Boooooo! :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well I maybe did want to watch this show, but now that I've read the last ten posts, I'm not so sure I'll be able to sit through the first several episodes since I now know a bit about the ending. Boooooo! :)

If you liked LOST I think there's a 50% chance you'll like it. I never watch it live and read the spoilers the next day and then I watch the show and it's still compelling. Nothing since has matched the total wonder and WTFness of LOST though.

Steve

• Administrator
If you liked LOST I think there's a 50% chance you'll like it. I never watch it live and read the spoilers the next day and then I watch the show and it's still compelling. Nothing since has matched the total wonder and WTFness of LOST though.

Never watched LOST. Didn't get into it from the start and didn't want to try to catch up or anything.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Anybody know where I can stream S4E1 of Hell on Wheels? DVR was acting wonky and didn't record it.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Anybody know where I can stream S4E1 of Hell on Wheels? DVR was acting wonky and didn't record it.

Try the AMC website. You have to log in using your cable username and password (or someone else's)

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Try the AMC website. You have to log in using your cable username and password (or someone else's)

I tried there first, they only have back to the second episode of this season.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

I tried there first, they only have back to the second episode of this season.

Vudu has it for a couple bucks.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Love her ... and her show.  It is our favorite. I swear, though, I don't know anybody except me and the wife who watch it. However, to me, she is only the second hottest one on there ... I think [U] [URL=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1423048/?ref_=nv_sr_2]Sarah Rafferty[/URL] [/U] is just, ummm, yummy.  (The link is just her IMDB page)

I watch Suits. So do a few friends, which is more than I can say about most shows

In my bag:

Most cable shows are on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play for purchase the next day. No commercials. HBO, Showtime, a year later.

Steve

I watch the premiere season of Tyrant.  Thought it was pretty good.

I'm thinking the main character.  An american.... with middle east heritage..... liberal leaning politics.....nicknamed "Barry"......will continue to try and do things with the 'best of intentions' and eventually be sucked in by his naivity and ignorance of how things really work - to actually become the "Tryant" the shows title REALLY means - not his brother.

But - I doubt it'll get another season.

Bill - 

• Administrator
I watch the premiere season of Tyrant.  Thought it was pretty good.

I'm thinking the main character.  An american.... with middle east heritage..... liberal leaning politics.....nicknamed "Barry"......will continue to try and do things with the 'best of intentions' and eventually be sucked in by his naivity and ignorance of how things really work - to actually become the "Tryant" the shows title REALLY means - not his brother.

But - I doubt it'll get another season.

Is it over?

I guess the ending was a bit of a cliff-hanger. I watched every episode too. I actually think it was pretty well done.

And if "Under the Dome" can get an entire next season, I hope Tyrant can. It's not even on a major network, after all.

P.S. Plus… Moran Atias .