IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

SPOILER ALERT!

I watch TWD more for its end of the world scenarios sort of like the movie, "The Road". The zombie kills and micro character development are meh, but the beginning of the first season, the CDC and now Woodbury are what makes TWD interesting to me, how people cope, the scifi aspect to it. The scientist guy is intriguing as are the new "rules" we learned about zombies. Plus Merle is a character. It'll be interesting when he and his brother meet up.

Homeland - I don't see Brody in the next season, I think this season is the endgame for him, but alive or dead? Brody said nothing about killing the tailor or the the bomb failure. I bet his daughter and veep son will get mixed up with the terrorists somehow.

Dexter - it looks like everyone is or will be on his trail now - Isaak, Hannah, LaGuerta, Baptista, even Quinn. They should have done this reveal a long time ago.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
This might be a wee bit off topic, but Alan Sepinwall has a new book out about many of the shows that have been discussed in this thread: http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Was-Televised-Slingers-ebook/dp/B00A44AL10/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie;=UTF8&qid;=1352472031&sr;=1-3&keywords;=sepinwall

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The only shows I look forward to every week are ...

The Grimm

Breaking Amish

Walking Dead

Covert Affairs

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Anyone think they know who's on the phone with Rick?  I won't spoil it

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Anyone think they know who's on the phone with Rick?  I won't spoil it

I don't know who is on the phone...  I'm guessing it is the Warden or someone who is trapped inside the prison and needs help?

This is the point where I stopped reading the comics a few years back... :(  I need to find what I did with that download and start reading them again.  I'm to the point where the show is definitely going to be a mystery....As I stopped around this point in time.

I just started watching the Office because of no power, internet, cable, phones, etc.... I hooked up my computer to a gas generator (yea, I was desperate for entertainment) and I got a bunch of the DVDs.... HILARIOUS.

I keep picturing Jamo as Jim... which is weird. Just finished season 3.... Jamo I had no idea you were such a cool dude.

Weird to have power back and the sound of a generator not making a shit load of noise outside.

Constantine

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I don't know who is on the phone...  I'm guessing it is the Warden or someone who is trapped inside the prison and needs help?

This is the point where I stopped reading the comics a few years back... :(  I need to find what I did with that download and start reading them again.  I'm to the point where the show is definitely going to be a mystery....As I stopped around this point in time.

I won't spoil it for ya.  Heck maybe they'll change who it is to surprise the comic fans

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Modern Family, The office, How i met your mother, Friends, Its always sunny in Philadelphia, Big Break and Grey's Anatomy

Driver- Titleist 910 D2 RIP 60 S- shaft

3 wood- Taylormade RBZ S shaft

Hybrid- Taylormade superfast 2.0 S shaft

Irons- Titleist AP2 712 DG- S300

Wedges- titleist vokey sm4

Putter- SC Fast Back

The Walking Dead - Michonne is practically mute. What is her purpose? So far, what promised to be a cool character has turned out flat. Give her some lines please.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Family and I love the Walking Dead.   Given it's a zombie apocalypse show you have to just overlook their total lack of attempt to maintain any consistency with what would happen in the real world but it is entertaining.  As for Michonne, I think they are going for the strong silent type character.  They didn't develop her character very well, so I'm guessing the plan is to do so in future episodes unless they just decide to kill her off.   I never read the comic novels that the show is loosely based on, but was told in the comics her character was more developed before she meet up with Andrea.

One thing that's unique about the show is they have no issue killing off main characters to move the story along.  We like the unpredictability that creates but it also makes it more difficult to invest time into characters that could be gone in a week or two.

Originally Posted by nevets88

The Walking Dead - Michonne is practically mute. What is her purpose? So far, what promised to be a cool character has turned out flat. Give her some lines please.

Joe Paradiso

Sweet, the World War Z trailer is out. It's going to be a trilogy. Hopefully this will blow Walking Dead's terrible dialogue out of the water!

Perhaps off topic but I am mentioning the Walking Dead (which I admit, I do watch because I love zombies).

Trailer looks pretty cool. Looks really different from the book, which was really entertaining.

To summarize, one of the reasons I respect WWZ more than WD is because WWZ has a respect for the fact that our military wouldn't complete fold like a house of cards against the rise of the zombies.

PS- Obviously, I haven't seen this movie yet, so I can only hope it is good. The ideal way to tell this story visually is through a television show, preferably on HBO or Showtime or something like that so they can go nuts with the gore and violence as well as the lawlessness and what not that would ensue as the result of a zombie apocalypse. I'll guess I'll find out if this is actually good. I concede that this could suck.... man, a TV show of this would be fun because it involves so many cultures, the governments, the military, civilians, and the awesome survivalism inherent in all stories of the undead, etc.. So many characters in the novel.

Constantine

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Sweet, the World War Z trailer is out. It's going to be a trilogy. Hopefully this will blow Walking Dead's terrible dialogue out of the water!

Perhaps off topic but I am mentioning the Walking Dead (which I admit, I do watch because I love zombies).

Trailer looks pretty cool. Looks really different from the book, which was really entertaining.

To summarize, one of the reasons I respect WWZ more than WD is because WWZ has a respect for the fact that our military wouldn't complete fold like a house of cards against the rise of the zombies.

PS- Obviously, I haven't seen this movie yet, so I can only hope it is good. The ideal way to tell this story visually is through a television show, preferably on HBO or Showtime or something like that so they can go nuts with the gore and violence as well as the lawlessness and what not that would ensue as the result of a zombie apocalypse. I'll guess I'll find out if this is actually good. I concede that this could suck.... man, a TV show of this would be fun because it involves so many cultures, the governments, the military, civilians, and the awesome survivalism inherent in all stories of the undead, etc.. So many characters in the novel.

WWZ looks pretty cool.  The zombies in WWZ are more hyper, whereas the WD, they are more pacers.  Personally, I think zombies should be more like pacers (dead) and not zooming around like crazed animals.

Yea, in the novel they are slow zombies. A ton of fans of WWZ are having a huge problem with this change; however, nothing churns my stomach more than a group of fast zombies coming at me at full speed and my 12 gauge running low on ammo.

IMO, the best zombies are a mix of fast and slow, depending on various factors such as 1) how long they've been a zombie 2) how athletic they were as people before turning. For example, the zombie Lebron James would likely be a fast zombie for a number of weeks upon turning, whereas my great aunt Meriel would likely be a slow zombie from the start.

Over time, we all are reduced to slow zombies, but I think it's plausible to have multitudes of fast ones during the initial outbreaks. That would also explain why the undead achieve so much early success against the living.

And yea, if you've ever seen the movie Mallrats, I kind of take zombie, comic, and movie realated discussions to silly levels of debate like this The Comic Book Men store (Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash it's called) is only a few minutes from where I live so maybe there's something in the water here.

• Upvote 2

Constantine

Twice recently Interstate 95 signs have been hacked leaving the message, "Warning, Zombies Ahead!".  Once 2 years ago in RI just south of Providence and just last month in Maine!

They didn't state whether they were fast or slow zombies though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Twice recently Interstate 95 signs have been hacked leaving the message, "Warning, Zombies Ahead!".  Once 2 years ago in RI just south of Providence and just last month in Maine!

They didn't state whether they were fast or slow zombies though.

Haha, as a rule, never assume slow. That's how people get killed.

OK, so I watched one of the recent WD episode last night where the Gov' hits some drivers on his make-shift range. This was a great episode. I can definitely appreciate when the show gets good. Usually its when characters get the axe. This was pretty messed up though.

This is why a TV show is the best form for the zombie genre. If you drag out dialogue and characters, its more effective when they get killed off. Movies can't have the same effect because its difficult to get attached to anyone in a zombie flick when you know the story's over in two hours.

I still stand by the WD's lack of black humor as the show's fatal flaw, in addition to poorly constructed characters and scenarios in a general sense. Thankfully however, it's a zombie show, and characters can get killed off at any time. Writing problems can be solved easily in this way.

Constantine

Sorry for the double post, but I also wanted to cite my concerns with the direction Homeland is taking right now, and I'm wondering if anyone is on board with me here. It's been an awesome season, but the last 60 minutes or so of run time has me head scratching. I'm specifically talking about Gettysburg and Dana and Finn's subplot.

Constantine

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

IMO, the best zombies are a mix of fast and slow, depending on various factors such as 1) how long they've been a zombie 2) how athletic they were as people before turning. For example, the zombie Lebron James would likely be a fast zombie for a number of weeks upon turning, whereas my great aunt Meriel would likely be a slow zombie from the start.

Frankly I haven't been following this thread, but on a quick glance I saw this paragraph and just have to say that this is one of the best pieces of writing I've read in a long time.   There is a Dali-esque surrealism to it that is simultaneously very amusing and deeply thought provoking.     If you were a screenwriter and ran into a producer in Hollywood at Spago and used this as your 10 second pitch, you'd get a callback to the studio offices, and maybe a multi-picture deal.     Very nicely done!