IGNORED

Official 2010 Masters Thread

Alex B
Note:Β This thread is 5127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

starting to remind you... dude has been a brat since he joined this tour... hes good for golf... hes an amazing player... but he is so arrogant... no matter what he does career wise, he will always be number 2 in my heart... simply because jack was a class act and tiger is NOT

Tour Burner 9.0 Reax Stiff
X-Speed 3+ Aldila DVS Stiff
S57 Blades... Rifle 6.0 Flighted
CG12 Black Wedges 52, 56, 60
Craze-E Orig ProV1x UPro

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gutted that this week is over, love masters week, and gutted that AK couldnt pull out a good round yesterday

Anthony Kim just pulled out a Sunday 65. His Friday one was impressive last year, but it's great to see that he can pull out a low round on Sunday. Next year, if he's in the final group, anyone else has to know that he has a Sunday 65 in him. And it's not like the pins are likely to vary wildly on Sunday one Masters to the other.

LOL, well if Tiger's life style is the natural way to lead one's life.....I truly have been mislead in my upbringing.

Let's not start that debate on this board, please. The "is monogamy natural?" debate happens far too often on the internet and just leads to hurt feelings. TST has been pretty good about not having these things.

I liked Tiger's "What the hell" reaction to making that putt. It was a fitting way for his round and tournament to end.

"Oh, sure," he's thinking, "

now one drops!"
Not that I heard. Yesterday he said "Tiger Woods you suck", and today there were a few other pretty PG-rated comments he had for himself, but I don't remember hearing him say phuck.

I think I heard a J.C. (not Snead) out of him on one of his tee shots. I think it was "T.W.J.C.."

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

starting to remind you...

LOL...good point....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"Β  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Well played Phil.

He certainly peaked at the right time, but of course it helped to have his knowledge of the greens at Augusta. Ba**sy shot on 13, many would have layed up from that position. - vintage Mickelson. If he'd wound up in the creek we'd never hear the end of it from some .....

Very decent showing by TW, considering. He needs to cut himself more of a break sometimes - in golf that is. Elsewhere it's something else again.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 degΒ stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60Β Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Anthony Kim just pulled out a Sunday 65. His Friday one was impressive last year, but it's great to see that he can pull out a low round on Sunday. Next year, if he's in the final group, anyone else has to know that he has a Sunday 65 in him. And it's not like the pins are likely to vary wildly on Sunday one Masters to the other.

i said yesterday, as in when he shot 73

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

That second shot Phil hit of 13 is legendary even though he missed the eagle putt...

When he missed the eagle putt, i was just laughing to myself saying "let winged foot begin again!" and was hoping for the choke...no such luck :(

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50Β° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54Β° 58Β°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Just a great week of golf. Phil, Lee, et al. Gotta love Freddie. Second round was a killer. But the line I'll remember and that our whole family just laughs about : "Tiger Woods...you SUCK!" --Tiger Woods

Β 

That said, I am getting tired of Tiger's on-course antics -- he is starting to remind me of a spoiled little brat teenage kid that is a little bit better than everyone else, never lets anyone forget it and throws tantrums when things don't go his way........right now, I would love to see him fall short of Jack's record....

Agreed. If that was tigers attempt of being more respectful to the game of golf it was pretty crap. Great to see a win for Phil and his family. Wont see those happy smiles and face in the woods household even if he does get that 19th major.

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
5W: Mizuno F-60
3H: Mizuno CLK Fli-Hi
Irons: Nike CCI Forged 4-PW
SW: Mizuno MX-19 LW: Mizuno MP-R 60Deg

The Tiger Woods last interview was a disgrace. I won't give the name of the idiot. But to say to Tiger after he had a pedestrian verbal round "it is a work in progress" WTF???? What an arsehat!!!!! Tiger called him out a bit and I believe at that point he was justified in doing so. The idiot behind the green had an agenda. He had those questions prepared for probably weeks before.....once he knew he would be the official Tiger questionnaire behind the green on Sunday.

To me that was a disgrace to The Masters. Phil WAS the story not some stupid (Tiger can't deal with his emotion on the course and it is a work in progress) type story!!! ESPECIALLY after Tiger's emotion were a NONSTORY!!!!!

Congrats to PHIL THAT WAS AWESOME AND YES I HAD TEARS!!!

Congrats to AK who is my new favorite golfer to follow! I am going to sport the belt buckle (as I told all the people at my Masters party today) real soon as quick as I lose a few LBs! LOLOLOLOL

Tiger will be back I hope. The game is better for it. After 4 rounds under the brightest lights.....I think people......GOT OVER IT!!!!

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

This week was the best golf overall that we have seen in many years. So many contenders, so many great shots. This was one of those tournaments which emphasizes just how great a golf course Augusta National is.

And it was an emotional win for Phil Mickelson, one of the really classy players on Tour. The last time my feelings ran this high after the Masters was in '95 when Crenshaw won after being a pallbearer for Harvey Penick's funeral, his great friend and golf teacher since childhood, just a week earlier. The difference was that Crenshaw had been a non factor in any tournament that year, then came out of nowhere to win the green jacket.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love phil. Ever since he gave his watch and $200 to the spectator he hit, he's been my fav. What a class act.

2010 Staff Bag
2010 S2 Driver - Stiff - (-.5")
2010 S2 3 Wood - Stiff
2010 Baffler TWS Hybrids 3 & 4
2010 MP-58 5-PW Irons - (+.5") 2010 MP-T10 Black Satin 52Β° - 56Β° - 60Β° - (+.5") 2009 Black Carbon 2 Putter Winn Grip e6Photos of my bag Golf Galaxy Wisconsin Amateur Tour PlayerGolf...

I think a lot of us are beggining to rethink our relationship with Phil and with Tiger.

If that was tigers attempt of being more respectful to the game of golf it was pretty crap.

Spot on. I'm getting sick of the sulking, and the "NOW you go in!" attitude. Wait until he hasn't been laid for a year! He'll club a spectator in the head instead of just throwing clubs at them.

I cannot wait unitl the Ryder Cup. Holy crap, "Tiger woods you suck!" will seem quaint compared to what he's going to get over there! Phil's shot on 13 was the best shot of the week. Too bad about the putt. Looking forward to AK being up there a lotmore this year. All in all a very good Masters, and a lot was going on off the course, too.

"That's Golf!"

heres my 2 cents, for what its worth

HATS OFF TO PHIL.....what an amazing round he put together...and emotional
to see his wife there in good spirits and looking great...that hug as he walked off 18 and the tears in his eyes......dude........that was simply awesome

Tiger
should cut himslef some slack for not playing in 5 months....he did ok considering
but i agree...im kinda getting over his crap and his pouting
yes you didnt play as you hoped, but hey what do you expect???

i have a new outlook on Philly Mac.....a new fav - BIG TIME!

really wanted to see Freddy bring this one home though......
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I think a lot of us are beggining to rethink our relationship with Phil and with Tiger.

If Tiger even plays in the Ryder Cup.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

This Masters tournament has got to be one of the best of all time, given the quality of players in contention, shots and putts made on Sunday.

Mickelson played the best 36 holes of golf that I've ever seen him play. A sublime clinic of ball striking and short game finesse. I've never seen him so dialed in. What impressed me was how went 2 under through Amen Corner...aren't those the toughest holes on the course? I believe the turning point was on the par-3 12. That was a fast downhill putt and it changed the momentum. The shot on 13 out of the pine straw was ridiculous. He deserved to win.

What about Anthony Kim? Wow. A final round 65, this kid can putt! It's unfortunate that he was too far back to really put pressure on Mickelson. At one point it seemed as if Choi would challenge. Westwood, was steady and solid all day, but when your opponent is lighting it up, well. . . it's tough.

Tiger on the other hand struggled as his body language indicated. He had little confidence in his swing and the fact that his stroke/reads on the greens were off. The 18" putt on 14 comes to mind, he missed good birdie opportunity and then simply did not focus. As Tiger put it "too many 3-putts and too many loose swings." There were glimpses of brilliance . . .I can't remember the hole but after hitting a tree he hit a towering shot to what it looked like 6 feet but failed to make. Tiger's ability to diagnose his swing and fix it on the course (credit to Haney) is something he prides himself on. The fact that he could not correct his swing, brings into question his preparedness for competition. T4 isn't bad considering the circumstances, but he was here to win and was clearly not ready.

I rooted for Woods all weekend and while I'll continue to pull for him I'm just about fed up with the constant sulking and pouting after a errant shot. Enough is enough.
You don't know what pressure is until you've played for five dollars a hole with only two in your pocket - Lee Trevino

MP-600 @ 10.5Β°
Insight BUL 3-wood @ 15Β°
Insight BUL 5-wood @ 18Β° IDEA a2 4i Hybrid @ 23Β° MX-25 5-PW MP-R Series 52Β° > 50Β°/05Β° MP-R Series 54Β°/10Β° MP-R...

If Tiger even plays in the Ryder Cup.

Yes, I highly doubt he's too bothered about the Ryder Cup.He's never been a huge fan of it in the first place.

I'd don't expect him to play Quail Hollow.It'll be : The Players Memorial U.S. Open The Open Bridgestone PGA Championship and Chevron (probably) Can't see him heading to china for the last WGC unless there's some vast improvement in his home life in the mean time.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Β 

I rooted for Woods all weekend and while I'll continue to pull for him I'm just about fed up with the constant sulking and pouting after a errant shot. Enough is enough.

Yeah, this is how I'm feeling. Obviously we don't know when he'll be back on the course, but when he is I may not even be rooting for him. I just couldn't help feeling less interested with all the sulking and pouting.

Note:Β This thread is 5127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!