IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

@saevel25 that Tiger swing is a great example for you. Less rotation and roll, more stable with the club face and pivot.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Getting the clubhead outside the hands at A2 by allowing the turn to take care of the depth and little wrist hinge to set the club outside the hands. From there letting the left arm slide up and the right elbow bend taking the club more up than around.

No. I don't want the clubhead outside your hands. I just don't want your hands going OUT at first, then going so far IN.

IN a little to 2 (toe mostly up), then UP with the right upper arm staying toward your chest and not your back or the side of your torso.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No. I don't want the clubhead outside your hands. I just don't want your hands going OUT at first, then going so far IN.

IN a little to 2 (toe mostly up), then UP with the right upper arm staying toward your chest and not your back or the side of your torso.

Gotcha

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

@saevel25 when you do this in your swing it's going to feel shorter. Just wanted to point that out so you don't try and reach back for more to make it feel normal.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

@saevel25 when you do this in your swing it's going to feel shorter. Just wanted to point that out so you don't try and reach back for more to make it feel normal.

Erik said the same thing at Shale Creek on Saturday. I believe it is because the right arm wont be in a position to retract behind the body. So it can't lengthen the swing with out letting the left arm break down and hing at the elbow.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator

Erik said the same thing at Shale Creek on Saturday. I believe it is because the right arm wont be in a position to retract behind the body. So it can't lengthen the swing with out letting the left arm break down and hing at the elbow.

Yup.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well I was going to practice tonight, but I pulled a muscle in my upper right back. Now I can't really turn my head fully to the right or tilt it forward or back with some pain. :~(

Time to go buy some Alieve and break out the ice and heating pad.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Well I was going to practice tonight, but I pulled a muscle in my upper right back. Now I can't really turn my head fully to the right or tilt it forward or back with some pain.

Time to go buy some Alieve and break out the ice and heating pad.

Ouch! Been there. This may seem counter-intuitive, but I usually go to the gym and do some light back and neck exercises. That seems to help work it out for me. If you have the Black Card membership, spend some time on the hydro bad and massage chairs.

- Shane

Neck is slightly better. I gained a good percentage of my range of motion, for turning my head to the right, back. Still a bit tight and uncomfortable tilting my head forward.

Debating on if I should play tonight or not. I might just hit up the gym to see if I can work out the kinks Shane suggested above.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Played 9 holes tonight. My driver was mostly pulls to pull hooks. Which is totally a curveball for me. Irons were mostly thin pushes, and one really bad block right. Pitching was way better. Putting can't be assessed because of all the tap ins I had. Though I did putt from the fringe a lot, and had some good lag putts from the fringe.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Well I was going to go practice my short game tonight, but my back decided to seize up on me while working out today. I was finishing my last few reps, which were some KB swings. As I was just walking away my back just kept getting tighter and tighter till I could only take small steps with out some moderate pain. Just strange, cause nothing felt like it popped or pulled when doing the work outs. Just got really really tight afterwards. :~(

Hopefully some alternating heat and ice tonight and some Aleve will help.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Well I was going to go practice my short game tonight, but my back decided to seize up on me while working out today. I was finishing my last few reps, which were some KB swings. As I was just walking away my back just kept getting tighter and tighter till I could only take small steps with out some moderate pain. Just strange, cause nothing felt like it popped or pulled when doing the work outs. Just got really really tight afterwards.

Hopefully some alternating heat and ice tonight and some Aleve will help.

Welcome to to my world. Just wait for another 15 years. ;-)

BTW - Midol is a great muscle relaxer. ...and it will help you get in touch with your feminine side.

- Shane

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am officially putting myself on the season ending IR.

My lower right back is not good right now. I can actually make a backswing, but any sort of downswing brings a lot of pain in my lower back, right along the top of my hip girdle. It is a rotational pain, because I can actually bend over, and hold a stance with out pain. Sometimes when I turn to quick I get a bit of a jolt as well.

I don't think getting back into my cardio running has helped at all :doh: . I was good for about a week, then it just started to relapse, today has been as worse as its been since I injured it.

So, until next year guys, the swing is shut down. :surrender:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Well I am officially putting myself on the season ending IR.

My lower right back is not good right now. I can actually make a backswing, but any sort of downswing brings a lot of pain in my lower back, right along the top of my hip girdle. It is a rotational pain, because I can actually bend over, and hold a stance with out pain. Sometimes when I turn to quick I get a bit of a jolt as well.

I don't think getting back into my cardio running has helped at all . I was good for about a week, then it just started to relapse, today has been as worse as its been since I injured it.

So, until next year guys, the swing is shut down.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I don't know any specific exercises, but I hear Pilates works well on the lower back. I guess you'll have some time to train your back.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Ever try an inversion table? Worth a shot, works miracles for some and does nothing for others. I have one and it works great for me.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Ever try an inversion table? Worth a shot, works miracles for some and does nothing for others. I have one and it works great for me.

I was close to buying one, and then the physical therapist I was seeing suggested strongly against one ... and then all of the work he and I did over the course of a several week plan has, still to this day, over 3 years later, held up.  So it became a moot point.  Knock on lots and lots of wood.

I've would get lower back pain, one side of back would feel like a big knot and occasional pain shooting down my butt and hamstring.  I tried the dvd "Healing Yoga".  It has a short, maybe 10 minutes, routine for back pain.  For me it wasn't a quick fix but after a couple of weeks of doing the routine daily the pain subsided.  I now just do it everyday and haven't had any back pain for a while.

This is yoga that can be done by a beginner...

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Yoga-Rodney-Yee/dp/B000YV1L0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid;=1414451380&sr;=8-1&keywords;=healing+yoga+dvd

• Administrator

So which course are you joining next year?