IGNORED

How many holes in one have you had?

billysandy
Note: This thread is 2601 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1...back in 2015,..175 yards,was in one of our monthly medals (i finished nowhere had a nightmare round) i was playing alongside the captain,i didnt see it drop but two guys on the next tee were waving like marooned sailors so i knew it was in..club got me a trophy to comemorate it which was nice.

DSC_1208.JPG

• Upvote 1

One.  It was on my birthday this past April.  I had the day off of work, and no one to play with, so I took a local course for an early morning round.  175 yard 6-iron over water.  It hit into the slope about 18 inches behind the hole and spun back down and in.  Not a soul was around to witness, but I cherish it nonetheless!

I have 4 myself.  I have been playing for 38 years.  Took me a little over 20 years to make my first one. I actually never saw the first one go in.  It was a slightly uphill par 3 about 170 yards and one in our group said it went (he was standing up beside the tee box higher than I was.  Did not believe him till I got up there and found it in the hole.  

I have another from 118 yards, one from 127 and one from 160.

Probably the coolest one was in a company tournament.  It was closest to the pin for the "D" player and he missed the green.  Then someone else in the group hit one to about 4 feet.  I was still sitting in the cart and they said "Aren't you going to hit?"  Why, we have one we can make.  They kept after me so I got up and hit gap wedge just behind the hole and spun it back into the cup.  This was the 118 yard one. Since it was a company tournament, the booze was free so it did not cost me a mint for making it.  

Also...on two different occasions I have witnessed 2 hole-in-ones during the same round by other people.  

Edited by RickK

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

0 unfortunately. 3 really close calls within a rotation and one was past the hole. Holed out a few times from the fairway. I've actually been closer to albatross than a hole in 1. Hit flag 2x on second shot where it easily could have dropped in if centered up on the flag better. 

Trollin' is the life

During the telecast today, the announcers said Justin Thomas had 19, 20 hole in ones.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What about this: yesterday I made my second hole in one. Par 3 180y. Thats special, because my first one was only half a year ago. But even more special, I made it on my birthday. :dance::banana::beer:

Believe thats a 1 in 4 million chance.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

What about this: yesterday I made my second hole in one. Par 3 180y. Thats special, because my first one was only half a year ago. But even more special, I made it on my birthday. :dance::banana::beer:

Believe thats a 1 in 4 million chance.

Ha!  Congratulations, and Happy Birthday!  :beer:

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I have 2 hole-in-ones.  The first was 151 yds uphill.  A greens keeper was waiting for us to play through.  I hit a perfect 9-iron and when we got to the green, I couldn't see my ball.  A playing partner says, go check the back of the green, so I thought it had rolled through the green and off the back.  After a few minutes of searching, he busted out laughing along with the greens keeper, who saw the whole thing.  He said it hopped, landed past the hole and spun back into the cup.

My second one was 95 yd.  Hit a 60* lob wedge.  It bounced once and plopped right into the cup.  

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

None for me, but on a 180 yd par 3 I hit a 4 iron right at the stick and couldn't see the hole but just the top of the flag stick.  Got up to the green and saw the track of the ball on the wet green.  It hit about 10 ft in front of the pin and rolled past the pin and missed the hole by 2". ended up about 8 ft from the flag.

My bro' has played golf all his life and never had a hole in one. But he did sink a practice shot that went in once, but that doesn't count ;(  He was a low handicap guy at 4 most of the time.  HIO can be a very elusive accomplishment, even if you play forever.

Edited by pmaru77

Note: This thread is 2601 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!