IGNORED

Find a Ball on the Course? LEAVE IT THERE!

Bastid
Note: This thread is 5142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just a note to Mr. T PV-1. The other day we were waiting on the 3rd tee for the fairway to clear, so I took a semi-retired Pro V1 (a little used and dirty but not scuffed or damaged) from my bag and teed it up and knocked out across a couple of holes on the back 9. One of my buddies did the same. (There was nobody on either of those holes yet that morning, so no danger of hitting anyone). 2½ hours later when we got to the 14th, there on the edge of the fairway was the ball I'd hit from the 3rd tee, and my buddy's ball was about 10 yards away in the rough. There had been at least 10 groups through that hole by that time and no one had touched either ball. Contrary to your "observations", there are far more respectful golfers on public courses than you want to admit.

86% of all statistics are made up on the spot anyway, +/- 14%

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill pick up a ball when its under an inch of water in the hazard, and usually just because my buddies and I will pick out targets in the lake to hit shots at when the course is backed up....otherwise I stick with my ProV1x's and dont bother with whatever is out there.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You mean grammatical with two M's right? lol

Face it bro. You sounded arrogant and no one liked your comments on players playing at public courses. I understand where your coming from when someone takes your ball, but its a game and thats part of it. If it happens more often, it sounds like your a higher handicap than you claim to be.

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W
CPR 22/26 HybridsG5 5-PW Black Dot +2 Vokey Sm OilCanSV Tour 60* Black FinishBarbadosPro-V1 recycled

i pick up as many balls as i can find no matter what kind of ball they are. i prefer nxt tours or some bridgstones or srixons, but any of those kinda balls work for me. and if its a top flite or something i hit it in the back yard. i just make sure its not a ball from someone else. if i have any doubts i leave it, but im not gonna pass up a free golf ball. ive never been in a situation where i have taken somebodys played ball. and i dont expect to be in the oposite situation either, but it happens.

and if you go to a private course or an expensive public course you can be sure that everybody there is a golfer...and probably a pretty good one. if you go to a regular public course you do not know who ur gonna run into. a guy and his girlfriend who take 20 minutes to play a hole, a bunch of rednecks who litter their beercans, drive carts in wet spots, and dont care about anybody else, some high schoolers who dont golf but are just looking for something to do for the game. so it would definately be better at a higher class place. but it wont always be bad at the local course you just dont know who or what you will run into.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah it has gotten so bad that my regular playing/wagering partner have a rule. If you hit a shot into a completely open area and both of us witness it. (no trees, no cart paths, no shrubs) You see a group go through that area (this just happened on Sunday to me) and upon arriving in that area, there is NO BALL in that area, we give each other a free drop. I KNOW it is breaking the rules. But this is just crazy what idiots do these days.

As I said this Sunday I hit a 3 wood off the tee on a short slight dogleg left par 4. Our hole and the hole we just played share a fairway. (no trees seperating them) But the other holes portion of the fairway is a bit lower so you loose visibility of the shot landing when I slightly pushed it over there. We arrive in a wide open area (after a group of 4 just passed by playing our previous hole) NO FREAKIN BALL!!!!! Complete BS!!

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

maybe it's just me...but i enjoy when someone plays with my balls

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

maybe it's just me...but i enjoy when someone plays with my balls

What about the part when they ram your balls into their golf bag, do up the zipper, then tear off in their power cart?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

You mean grammatical with two M's right? lol

Whew! I am new here, and happen to be a hillbilly on top of that. I recon I better watch my grammer and put on my sixth grade spelling bee hat while I am here!

If I hit a ball into another fairway, I am always surprised when it's still there. Maybe golfers seem to understand that balls in a fairway are not to be picked up. Some sorry hacker is going to be coming out of the woods looking for it. It's either that, or no one is going to pick up my Molitor or Pinnacle with stars painted on them.

Today, I did something unusual for me, which was to buy a box of Titleists. Hole #2, I hit my approach shot midway between two fairways. I see it bounce. I know where it landed. But by the time I walk up, it's gone. I see two carts riding away, but I'm not doing anything. I did let it affect me for that hole, where I promptly mishit the next two shots and took a seven. But the rest of the day was so nice, that I soon forgot. I kept playing the shiny new Titleists, losing a second one in the trees later. Not bad. One lost. One swiped.

Heh...didn't expect so many reponses to my booze filled rant.

Doc...aren't you at least a little upset that someone just took a ball that you paid money for? What if you were playing extremely well and then your score no longer counts because some asshat swiped your ball? This is supposed to be a gentlemen's game, I am not a member at a country club and usually have no problem with the general public (aside from the massive slow play). I've always said that Tiger Woods was one of the worst things to happen to this game. Ever since he came on the scene, people go to the courses in droves without learning proper etiquette. I have no problem with people playing the game but please learn the proper way to play. Play ready golf, don't walk through my line and dont pick up my ball. I don't ask for much.

Wait til next week. I have a rant against people that think motorized carts speed up the game. Cheers!

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

I'm still a bastard though, lol

on second thought, i'll drop the money for two reasons:

one, see what the high life of douchebag golfers is like... two, to wait for you to tee off (i figure you gotta be dressed like a b*tch too)...tee off after you and hit as many of my hillbilly golf balls at you...you're the exact reason why every regular, run of the mill, ordinary golfer despises high brow people such as yourself when they play on their public courses...

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

MFs picked up my ball today. No clue what etiquette is. Love the muni!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Doc...aren't you at least a little upset that someone just took a ball that you paid money for?

If you mean my post. Yeah. I took an effing seven. Was planning on chipping on and a possible par. Probably a bogey. But you can't get even in this game by getting mad. Gotta cool down and have fun, right?

First round I ever played, maybe I was 14. My friend and I biked to the local 9 holer with bags of borrowed clubs on our shoulders. I might have had only three balls to my name .. they cost like a dime at the candy stand on the first tee. The first time I managed to hit the ball far enough away from me that I couldn't run up there, some kid came out from the street and stole it, so he could sell it at the candy stand I guess. That bummed me out on golf. I didn't play again until I was 18 and then hurt my back swinging. Ignored the game for another 32 odd years. Finally hooked on the game and they still steal balls. Maybe it was the same kid, now old and fat.

Last night we were coming up 18, there was a ball in the left center of the fairway probably 250 off the tee, (Srixon something), did not disturb it; there was no one anywhere that could have hit it. 18 is a par five, when we got to the green there was a ball in the center of the green 15' below the cup. The guy I was with said "now this is ridiculous" and picked it up. Once again there was no position on the course that could result in that ball being there. I decided it was Rapture day and I got left behind.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Note: This thread is 5142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!