IGNORED

Should Tiger Fire Haney

TigerWoodz
Note: This thread is 5101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should Tiger fire Haney?

• Yes
    • No

You probably say that in jest, but I dont think its that bad of idea actually. He'd kill with a 44inch steel shafted driver.

Yes, partly in jest, but I agree that it is a logical alternative.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope; the best player in the world lost his focus, and that is why he is erratic and inconsistent. If a player isn't putting in the time on the range and greens, no coach is going to be able to help him.

Fire Hank Haney...that's just silly.

Bag Diablo Stand Bag
Driver 10* Draw Diablo
Woods Diablo Edge 3-7
Irons Diablo Edge 5-PW
Wedges X-ForgedPutter Anser 4

Won't happen. They both live in Florida. Why would you want to fly to the West coast when you have one so close...

Won't happen. They both live in Florida. Why would you want to fly to the West coast when you have one so close...

Haney lives in Westlake, TX on the very expensive Vaquero Club.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if he has other houses, but I am pretty sure that is his primary residence.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Well, there's always the old standby steel shafted driver. C'mon Tiger, get back to your roots.

Yep.....he would not need that huge squat with a shorter driver. He would hit it straighter and just as far. TW has a vicious transition at the top with the longer graphite drivers.

He sucks right now compared to 10 years ago. Haney needs to be off the payroll, TW needs to spend $300 on a good camcorder and fix it himself. The guy is currently the 2nd best ever to play the game, he's smart and should fix it himself. I wouldn't take a free lesson from Haney.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

well, i saw on sportscenter this morning that tiger put 5 balls in the water on 17 at TPC during the course of his practice rounds. now you tell me somethings not wrong with his swing? its a 135 yard shot to a huge green.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I dont think Haney is the problem, just look at what Tigger has been through in the last year, its no wonder that his game is a wreck. I think it would be hard to expect alot from him this year. He needs a head coach more then someone like Haney to work on his swing.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

well, i saw on sportscenter this morning that tiger put 5 balls in the water on 17 at TPC during the course of his practice rounds. now you tell me somethings not wrong with his swing? its a 135 yard shot to a huge green.

Need more information to interpret that. 5 out of how many shots? How many did other players put in? Was he playing seriously or trying different shots? As was discussed on another thread about practice round rules, there are different approaches to practice rounds. Putting a ball in the water there could mean he's having trouble, it could mean he's experimenting to find a way to play in a particular way, or it could mean nothing.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

It was 5 balls total, not just on #17.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The guy hasn't played TPC Sawgrass in how many years?

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

• Administrator
The guy hasn't played TPC Sawgrass in how many years?

Less than one. He was in the final group last year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Fire Hank for sure. I cannot understand why he stays.

I would suggest Sean Foley. Good young pro with some decent ideas.

Michael

• Administrator
I would suggest Sean Foley. Good young pro with some decent ideas.

Heh heh. You know what many know, eh Michael?

Yep, Sean Foley. That'd be a good match. Seriously. Second best match out there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

i dont really know much about sean foley, but i just saw a "weight forward" video of him so i guess that must make him a s and t guy.

I would not classify him in that way. I think he works with players that are not specified as S&T.; Sean O'Hair and Hunter Mahan are not viewed as S&T.; Although I might argue that O'Hair might be more S&T; than even some of the guys classified as S&T;, but that is for another thread.

That being said, I definitely thinks Sean understands the principles of S&T; and knows how to apply them.

Michael

Tiger played one inept round and now I'm reading posts about missed "cuts" as in plural. There are estimates he's 50/50 to make the cut this week. It reminds me of last year in reverse, when he hit 14 of 14 fairways out of nowhere and all of a sudden he was a cinch to win the US Open.

I'm not buying the overreaction. Yes, his swing looked horrid last week but my overriding theory is it's not how good are you playing, but how good are you? Las Vegas loves that the opposite application is standard, expecting last week's result to duplicate. That's death in NFL forecasting and not much better in golf.

Tiger is a prideful guy. He's now being ridiculed for a golf result and not merely the off course shindigs. Johnny Miller has weighed in. The course doesn't suit him, by historical measure. I think it will equate to a surprisingly solid week, perhaps late Sunday contention. I wouldn't be shocked with a win. After all, we still see excellent swings from time to time. I have a feeling this week will feature a more recognizable takeaway, not as flat or laid off at the top, and smoother transition with plenty of twirls. Then we can fall over in the other direction, projecting dominant wins at Pebble, St. Andrews and Whistling Straits.

And BTW, if Tiger improves significantly this week, is that evidence he should keep Haney or dump Haney?

I guess it can be argued both ways, including the only vote that matters, Tiger's.

How can a course not suit a player, except if the player is someone like Kenny Perry with a stock hook in his shots and the course is a dogleg left to right?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

How can a course not suit a player, except if the player is someone like Kenny Perry with a stock hook in his shots and the course is a dogleg left to right?

Sometimes a course just does not give you a good feeling on the tee, it doesn't fit your eyes.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 5101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!