IGNORED

300 yards - fact or fiction: Post your experience

Fat Slice
Note: This thread is 5019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. My driving AVERAGE with a DRIVER when hitting ALL OUT.

• I am a 20+ handicap and average 300 or better
    • I am a 20+ handicap and average under 300
    • I am a 15-20 handicap and average 300 or better
    • I am a 15-20 handicap and average under 300
    • I am a 10-15 handicap and average 300 or better
    • I am a 10-15 handicap and average under 300
    • I am a 0-10 handicap and average 300 or better
    • I am a 0-10 handicap and average under 300
    • I am a + handicap and average 300 or better
    • I am a + handicap and average under 300

Wow, reading the results it looks like we only have 5 people that lie on this board

(;
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, reading the results it looks like we only have 5 people that lie on this board

why only 5? theres 4+1+1+1 and who are you to say that they dont hit it 300+ except for the 20+ i dont believe that but still most single digets are very close to the 300 mark if not over it where im from

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

why only 5? theres 4+1+1+1 and who are you to say that they dont hit it 300+ except for the 20+ i dont believe that but still most single digets are very close to the 300 mark if not over it where im from

im the 300 with the huge handicap and meet me at the driving range ill show you 300+ every time

Better idea, film your swing and we'll tell you. Film from the front and down the line.

Even better idea-don't bother having him film anything. I already know he doesn't hit it 300 every time. I also know that as a 30 'capper when he does hit it 300 it's unlikely to be in play most of the time.

I don't know my actual handicap right now (average low to mid 40's per nine). I put 15-20 and I do average well over 300. The last nine I played I hit driver 6 times and 4 were over three and the other two where a hook and a shorter pushed drive. I would gladly take 30-40 yards off to be more consistent, though. Driving the big distances isn't always the best.

Driver: Hyper X Tour 10.5* Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue Stiff Shaft
Hybrid: Acer Select 5000 16* Ping Cushin Stiff Shaft
Irons: NDS 3-PW (missing #7, replaced with clone) True Temper Uniflex SpeedStep Shaft
Wedges: Acer XK Tour 56*10 Precision Stiff Shaft, Revolution 60*10 True Temper Wedgeflex

If the photo in Specer's avatar is him, that's all you need to see.

Elaborate?

Driver: r7 Superquad 9.5°
5W: Speed LD
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°
Irons: MP-57 3i-PW
Wedges: SM Oil Can 52° and 58°Putter: Rossa Daytona

I think since I started measuring with my GPS (last 4 years) my longest recorded drive is 284 yards. My average over the last two years is about 250 yards with the driver. I don't alway have the GPS and even when I do I don't always measure driving distance but I think the numbers are indicative of my average performance.

Butch

The PGA tour average is 286.9 yards and that includes drives not in the fairway. So I doubt even the single digit handicaps are doing any better than the PGA guys.

Butch

The PGA tour average is 286.9 yards and that includes drives not in the fairway. So I doubt even the single digit handicaps are doing any better than the PGA guys.

To be completely honest, I don't believe your driving average either. How can a 20 handicapper who's never driven the ball past 290, have a 250 average.

I'm gonna have to call bullshi+ on that one Mr Galgaire.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I've hit 300+ exactly once. I had a great tailwind and just absolutely creamed the ball. Probably had 20 yards roll too. I have no idea what my average is, probably 225-230. During my round today I had two 260+ drives sprinkled around some duck hook 200 yard drives, a push right 245 drive, etc. As long as I can get it out 220-230 and in the fairway I'm good to go. It would be nice to AVERAGE 250+ but I'm comfortable taking mid irons out and banging them around.

I play with a guy who completely craps all over the ball. I can hear the loud WHOOOOSH from the white tee when he plays the tips. 2 handicap guy. Even he rarely bangs one out over 300.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

LOL, I may have hit a 300 yd drive once with a following wind of 40 mph, downhill on a rock hard fairway. However in the real world I'd guess my ave. drive to be ~250 yd--yeah I know, very "grily man" for a Sand Trap member, but it is what it is.

I can put it out 310-320yds, but I average about 285ish. You don't always catch it flush lol.

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

My longest drive this year in the fairway was 265, usually 180 to 200. There are 3 guys at my club that I've witnessed hitting their drives 300+.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I hit 300yds maybe once every other round or so.... my average, probably around 260-265. I'm inconsistent off the tee, but occasionally I'll catch one on the screws and it'll go just over 300.

This usually comes on a hole where if I miss right I won't be in any trouble and still have a shot at the green. All of my driver misses are to the right, so if it's open I take a big swing at it. That's where the longer drives come in.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Note: This thread is 5019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!