IGNORED

A.J. Bonar's Secret

Carland
Note: This thread is 2024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think aj got a bad rap... Will it work for everyone? No. Do all methods work for everyone? No. Do teachers have big egos thinking their methods will work for everyone? Yes. That is the problem with golf.. The ones who preach it.. Get upset when the others don't agree with their ways . I say get over it, it is a game that is meant to be enjoyed. Play this freaking game anyway you want to.. Use what method u like.. And do what u want. I'm sure , deep down.. Any golf teacher/ theorist won't disagree with u. Go have fun.. Tee it up.. And hit the damn ball

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

• 5 months later...

I know the thread is old, but. On the GC last night I saw a 1/2 hr. info commercial for AJ's dvd set. It's the basic deal, show the same thing over and over, along with the testimonials..Plus it's about 100.00 for a 3 dvd set....

Anyone else see this.?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Snicker. They spelled boner wrong. :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 1 year later...
Many ways to compress a golf ball.Its odd to me how people hate on A J because they have not mastered the art of hand eye coordnation.I know for a fact that releasing toe late in swing and catching ball 1st would help majority of slicers.

Many ways to compress a golf ball.Its odd to me how people hate on A J because they have not mastered the art of hand eye coordnation.I know for a fact that releasing toe late in swing and catching ball 1st would help majority of slicers.

Is your 9 handicap proof of this? There are a lot of good instructors here who probably disagree with you.-I know I do- I am not saying I am one of those good instructors here.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Can't figure out how AJ's swing is any different from others. When I take the club back, not purposely rotating forearms, my shoulder turn and a natural rotation of my left arm at the shoulder makes my right palm a "cell phone" at the top. In the downswing my right arm "turns the door knob or screw driver or whatever without my trying to do it. I don't get it.

I learned a long time ago, that more often than not, any type of  instruction, with  the word "secret"  in the title, is probably a scam. Golf instruction especially is guilty of this.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

I learned a long time ago, that more often than not, any type of  instruction, with  the word "secret"  in the title, is probably a scam. Golf instruction especially is guilty of this.

Unless it's like this thread, because we don't charge anyone, we just share the secret with anyone who has a web browser (or who has a friend that has a web browser… :D): . But yes, I agree with you…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 years later...

Like so much golf instruction AJ gets too involved in explaining "what happens" as opposed to "what you have to do". Just hammer the ball and all the other stuff happens, opening, closing, speed, contact, etc. etc. It's the same  hammering move described by Shawn Clement's Wisdom in Golf  videos, emphasizing hammering a post just out side of the lead leg which actually works better for me. It's all a right arm/hand move. Everything else supports and follows.

So I tried a golf pro to get some lessons, and one of his things was that I didn't rotate my wrists enough, and thus buying into the AJ theory.

It is now making me doubt what he has said (and what to change now!).

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, MrJones said:

So I tried a golf pro to get some lessons, and one of his things was that I didn't rotate my wrists enough, and thus buying into the AJ theory.

That’s not why you slice.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 7/11/2007 at 12:27 PM, Newbie Collection Agency said:

I still shoot in the 90's with the occasional bad outing.  

No offense meant....but breaking 100 is pretty commonly done early on. It’s much easier going from 120’s to 90’s than 90’s to breaking 80. Again no offense but your progress seems to coincide with any average Joe who puts in reasonable effort to improve. I don’t think the AJ tapes had that much to do with it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

No offense meant....but breaking 100 is pretty commonly done early on. It’s much easier going from 120’s to 90’s than 90’s to breaking 80. Again no offense but your progress seems to coincide with any average Joe who puts in reasonable effort to improve. I don’t think the AJ tapes had that much to do with it.

Comment is from 2007 man.

Lol! 11 years ....great. Sorry.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

55 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Also, slightly off topic but I don't think most golfers break 100

Colin P.

19 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Also, slightly off topic but I don't think most golfers break 100

I guess ‘reasonable effort to improve’ is vague....but I would think they do after 2 years of ‘reasonable effort.’

2 hours ago, MrJones said:

I tell ya it’s a shame but there really are some poor instructors out there. I’ve really come to see that after all I’ve learned here. I’ve had lessons from your basic local pro to YouTube ‘big names’ and overall haven’t had much success. I try to give some benefit of the doubt to claims like those by AJ yet none of them have panned out. And I’m not just biased to TST but when a members here @iacas, @mvmac for example,  can look at a video of my swing then give me straight up advice and recommend what I should do with links to more information...all for free...I mean come on. Erik was able to say straight forward why I shank the ball so often and what my priorities need to be. I spent 2 hours  in person with a well known YouTube instructor only to be told to play right handed instead of left. Film your swing. Post it here or join Evolvr. That’s it.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 2024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!