IGNORED

Tiger Woods to go with Sean Foley

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4402 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger is gumby. I think i would tear myself in half if i made a turn like that..lol.

Tigerrs impressive but watching Rickie Fowler's full driver swing on slow motion makes me really uncomfortable...his upper body twists up and his hips don't move...its insane!

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Tigerrs impressive but watching Rickie Fowler's full driver swing on slow motion makes me really uncomfortable...his upper body twists up and his hips don't move...its insane!

He reminded me of Lanny Wadkins the very first time I saw him swing.

tigers been staying on his front side for a while now, ever since the first time they said he was on the range with o'hair and mahan. i kinda figured he had some type of contact with foley then.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

actually, that looks like the drill where you hit the ball with your back foot behind you so you have to stay in balance.

Understood, although I believe that drill is to promote an inside-out swing path rather than (or primarily to) balance issues. I've seen it used by teachers for slicers as it is virtually (?) impossible to slice during that drill.

As to the thread, Foley is as good as anybody IMO at this stage for Tiger.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
Understood, although I believe that drill is to promote an inside-out swing path rather than (or primarily to) balance issues. I've seen it used by teachers for slicers as it is virtually (?) impossible to slice during that drill.

It's a drill designed to show that you can hit from your front foot, the reverse of which is one of the primary reasons people slice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/colum...ime&id;=5479402

Source: Article
At Whistling Straits, Foley gave Woods two specific drills. They involved having caddie Steve Williams hold a club shaft against the right side of Woods' head as he swung, preventing him from moving his head laterally on the backswing. "There is no reason to have lateral movement off the golf ball," said Foley. "It impedes the proper turn and forces the eyes to make a new calculation. There are 15 reasons why it's bad."

It's a habit Woods developed early. "It's how I was taught as a junior growing up, how to hit the ball farther, always move off the ball," said Woods, who also worked on lessening the movement under Haney. "But things have changed, technique has changed."

Foley also had Woods place a glove under his right armpit and keep it there to the top of the backswing, forcing his arms closer to his body, ultimately preventing them from dropping behind him on the forward swing. It has been the cause of Woods' most persistent bugaboo -- getting "stuck." Said Foley: "Tiger continued to be stuck because he wasn't doing the right thing to become unstuck."

Same instruction as I got through my work with Golf Evolution. Except I didn't get Steve to hold a club against my head.

The first drill give you more stacking and tilting. The second drill give you deeper hands and a more connected swing.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I am going to be be disappointed in the game of golf if Foley doesnt bring Tiger back. And I am going to give up on ever watching the game again and Tiger Woods if Foley doent finally cme on and say, yes, I teach tack and tilt, or I learn to stack and tilt etc. He is a liar and a cheat if he doesnt..and a fraud for holding out to be anything else. And, that being said I am going to work against him, and Tiger if Foley doesnt fess up. good lord. Everyone on the tour knows..the fans in the stands know..it is a horrible whispering deal going on and Tiger doesnt need to be involved. Tiger is too good for all this stuff

I thought and still think he should see a sports psychologist

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

• Administrator
Okay, "golf junkie," calm down... He knows a lot of the S&T; principles but I don't know that he has a complete understanding. To call the guy a liar and a cheat is going WAY too far, and frankly if Mike and Andy could do it over again they'd probably not give it a name (though maybe they would - it's a double-edged sword) and so Foley may be the smartest yet - teach nearly the same things but don't put a name on it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am going to be be disappointed in the game of golf if Foley doesnt bring Tiger back. And I am going to give up on ever watching the game again and Tiger Woods if Foley doent finally cme on and say, yes, I teach tack and tilt, or I learn to stack and tilt etc. He is a liar and a cheat if he doesnt..and a fraud for holding out to be anything else. And, that being said I am going to work against him, and Tiger if Foley doesnt fess up. good lord. Everyone on the tour knows..the fans in the stands know..it is a horrible whispering deal going on and Tiger doesnt need to be involved. Tiger is too good for all this stuff

What is it with you and Sean Foley? You keep calling him a fraud, what has he ever done to you? I'm sure he is worried about you working against him. And what is this "horrible whispering deal"? You must have deep, inside information. Please let us all in on your secret information.

So Tiger needed Foley to tell him to keep his head still and a glove under his armpit? Wow.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
So Tiger needed Foley to tell him to keep his head still and a glove under his armpit? Wow.

I doubt it's just that... those were just drills he could do the week he had a major.

• Administrator
Watch this pretty interesting.

Awesome. And I won't toot my own horn except to say "see, toldja so!"

The key parts are that Foley has pestered Mike and Andy and a lot of what he knows is very Stack and Tilt oriented. He uses the same words as Mike and Andy but won't use the words "stack" or "tilt." So Wayne nailed the early S&T-oriented; stuff... And what does Wayne actually say? - Hands deeper, no "dropping into the slot." - Head staying more centered via a steeper shoulder pitch. - He doesn't care about the "head drop." Yep... kinda what I (and many, many others) have been saying for awhile now.

Note: This thread is 4402 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!