IGNORED

What's the furthest you've ever holed out from?

vct33
Note: This thread is 3789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Yep.  Great thing about golf is it lets you use your imagination.  I figure I have all these wedges so I might as well use them.  I learned the game when I didn't even own a sand wedge - did my fringe chipping with a 7I.  Tom Watson still doesn't carry a LW, and there's never been anything wrong with his wedge play.

Then why does Tom put his name on these?    Another great athlete shilling something he doesn't use.  My dreams are shattered.

Just because he endorses it, doesn't mean that he uses every loft in the line.  Last I read he used a 56° as his highest loft.  A few years ago I believe that it 54°.  His wedge setup for the 2009 Open Championship was Adams Puglielli (52°), Tom Watson (56°).  When he won the 2011 Senior PGA Championship it was Adams Pugielli Wedges - 52° and 56° .

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 months later...

I holed out a 75 yard SW for birdie today. 352 yard Par 4, My tee shot went left behind a tree, my only shot was to punch it out back to the fairway, SW one hopped in to the cup.  I have chipped in before but never holed out from the fairway using a full swing.  Almost hit a hole-in-one today too.

120 yards

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

About 40 yards from a bunker to an elevated green. All I could see was the top of the flag. Spent 5 mins looking for the ball along the back fringe and rough before my sister said, "maybe it's in the hole." It was. :-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

This thread is back again?   Hmmmmm.....lets see?  Did I mention I have 12 par4 deuces? :-P

HEHE

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

185 yards for eagle

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

About 40 yards. 3rd shot on a long par 4. Played that hole many, many times, and it took my longest hole out to birdie it:~(

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

best hole out to date was from a fairway bunker from 45 yards.    3 green side chip in's this year from 45-60 ft.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

180 yards for an Eagle on a par 5

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

120 on an absolute fluke. I hitd a 3 iron punch shot with a tree in my way (negating a full swing with a wedge) from inside the depression around the tree. It came out a little hotter than I expected and fortunately hit the side of a hill around the green and went in. Luckiest shot I've ever hit, with no skill involved.

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell

3/5 Wood: Adams Ovation

Irons: Cobra UFI

Putter: Titleist Dead Center, circa 1985

Not to be repetitive, but I holed out from 228yds with a 3-iron.........it was all skill...no luck involved!  Hehe..

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:

Not including par 3s right?  Then it's 150 yards for me.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

My longest hole outs are from 150-150-164-228yds.

What's in Paul's Bag:

282 meters, thats about 320 yards.

a tiny par 4 with a 3 wood. HIO for albatros.

otherwise i holed out from 70m (77 yards) 3 times. pretty precise on this half 56° with short finish shot.

Southland GC: Hole 14, Dogleg left par 4. Second shot about 160 yards out in the middle of the fairway. I hit a well-struck 6-iron and watched it sail right at the pin, but I couldn't see where it landed because the green was elevated. When we got up to the green, I didn't see my ball and my buddy said to check in the hole. Yes. It was there for an eagle 2.

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

Note: This thread is 3789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!