IGNORED

Ever Been Complimented?

Uncle Peter
Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my iron game when its going good, i can dissect a course pretty good. Especially since i can elevate my irons, i can fly hazards and bunkers and get to tight pin positions.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to get complimented all the time when I was younger, around age 13. Unfortunately we couldn't afford our membership anymore and I stopped golfing for years, joined the C.C again a year ago (21 years old now) and trying to get my game back. I used to have such a nice smooth swing, and was able to hit the ball almost as far as I can now. Wish I could go back to that swing! I miss being able to hit my drives straight down the middle every time..

A couple years ago, when my HCP was double what it is now, I would play in our clubs 3 & 4 man scramble tournaments. My playing partners all had HCP's of 19 or worse.

I ended up getting a closest to the hole on one par three and also the longest putt on one Par 4 hole. My group also won the first flight.

The head pro, after having announced what I and my group won, said allowed about me, "I'm going to be double checking your HCP".

Then he handed me about $300 in prize money.

That was a good day and good feeling.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

My friend told me he thinks I have the best swing he's ever seen. That's about one of 5 compliments that I've ever gotten from people on my golf swing. Everything else is people telling me how weird it is.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Yes. I have been complimented.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I'd rather swing ugly and win the cash. Of course. Everyone has been complimented but compliments don't pay the bar tab.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

I get complimented all the time on my swing, it's called "trying to be nice".

LOL - now i get what this guy wanted to tell me at the range next besides me a couple weeks ago - gtfo and hit your divots somewhere else :)

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I compliment myself in the mirror all the time. I'm a sexy beast.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Played with a couple strangers a few weeks ago and I was nailing my wedges. At one point one of the guys said to me that I hit my wedges with perfect form. I just responded with uhh okay thanks. It was kind of weird to me but made me feel pretty good.

Someone once said: "You have such a nice looking swing... I can't see why you don't hit the ball better."
Not really a compliment. :(

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Got one today actually, hit a 6i into the wind on an over water 157 yd par three. A group of duffers was letting my party play thru. They had hit multiple attempts at the green and put about 7 balls in the water I stepped up and hit one pure 15 feet off the pin. My 7 yr old Grandson then hit one on the green from the ladies tees. We took our compliments and moved on.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

a cart girl said "Nice shot!" after I knocked a 130 yard pitching wedge to 2 feet on a par 3 this past Saturday...

I then proceeded to miss my birdie putt.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

"Minnesota nice" notwithstanding: it was a slow day on my local muni. After bombing it slightly over the green (front pin location) on a downhill par 3 I had a delicate chip from the rough. I put it within a foot and a group of older gentlemen that were standing on the teebox started applauding for my shot. I just tipped my hat and waved like I always saw on TV and putted out and moved on. Was a really cool feeling though.

I get compliments on how nice my swing looks all the time, or on how many fairways I hit (on the days when the driver is working). I get chipping compliments sometimes too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I've been complimented once. I was pitching onto a green when someone (probably mid or late teens) walked by and watched as I put a ball 3 feet away from a pin 20 yards away with (what felt to me) like perfect form, and said "Man, I wish I could chip like that."

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I don't remotely consider myself a long hitter, but the other day I was at the range swinging barefoot so I would have to swing smoother/slower, which was apparently making me hit further than normal (who'da thunk? :P) a really nice elderly gentleman and I had been talking intermitently passing the time, and he complimented me on how my club was going almost the same distance every time, asked what it was and I said PW, his eyes bug out and he's kinda got the "O.O" look on his face, so I just joke to him that I'm cheating since taylormade irons are always stronger than others, making him and I kinda bust out laughing :P

The other day I hit my 3 wood further than a guy who hit his driver, which I didn't mean to, (I just can't hit my driver right now) but this dude almost looked pissed, but then complimented me on it, I was just like "it was lucky :)"

I hate getting compliments cuz I just really don't feel I'm good enough to receive them. You hit a hoooorrrriible feeling drive that manages to stay in the fairway but was 80% roll and someone still says good shot, but all you can think about/feel is how bad it came off the face/where it came off/wtf you did wrong lol. Even if I manage to stick a wedge 3 feet from the pin it's usually to leave myself a par or bogie putt, not birdie :( A lot of times someone will say something like "your swing looks nice" or I got a "your follow through looks amazing" once, but pretty swings don't always translate to good play :( It's not that I don't in some way kind of like being complimented, I just don't feel deserving of them. I think the only time I'll take one seriously is if my instructor tells me (which I don't think he's the type) or somehow in some way a tour player says it lol.

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

I have a decent golf bag, but since I replaced all my OEM headcovers with vintage knit clubsocks, and my irons are 20 years old, when I golf with strangers they don't know what to expect - is this guy a player or a rube who just picked up a bunch of old cra* off kijiji. The fact I usually tee off with a 3-iron or 3-wood on the first hole doesn't help - an iron off the tee? What a dufus. The first compliment I get is usually in a tone you'd use when you're congratulating a toddler for recognizing they need to use the potty. That was a good shot you made there - good boy!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!