IGNORED

How to convince the wife I need new irons???

Note: This thread is 4968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Man, my marriage must be very different than most of yours... If I need (or, let's face it, want) new irons, I budget a little bit ahead of time and then go get them. Do you guys go through your finances together with a fine toothed comb?

Good answer. Or better yet-how about just discussing it with her. "Honey, I've saved up a bit and I'm gonna get these golf clubs." We don't hide anything from each other-but if we can afford it and either one of us needs (or really wants) something there's no problem.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprise sex in the backdoor is a winner every time, do it and let me know how it works out! Also, call her by another name at the same time. It's a win win!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What is a good way to f up a marriage?

Wow. I didn't know it's 1987. Hehe.

I'm 29. Most folks around my age who are married have a personal checking account and then they have a joint account. This is the case for my wife and I. I think 'nowadays' it's very common. Just buy your irons ON YOUR OWN - or wait till tax refund time and use your 'share' of it.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Wow. I didn't know it's 1987. Hehe.

I'm 30 and we do the joint thing. It seems strange to me to have "personal" accounts. Kind of defeats the purpose of a union. Why even get married if parts of your life are seperate? How do you guys determine how much goes into the personal account? Do you get even amounts each month?

We are by no means wealthy, but since I am the "finance guy" in the relationship, I know when we have some money to spend. I don't neglect the things we need and spend plenty on the wife and the baby. I find nothing wrong with occasionally (once or twice a year) spending a few hundred dollars on anything I want without clearing it with the ma'am. It's not like I'm hiding anything from her but I don't find the need to discuss all our purchases (under a thousand dollars). It is also a different dynamic because we are a single income house (read: I'm the one that gets the paycheck). I think things are very different when you have a dual income family since I would never spend money she earned without discussing it first.

You should use the New Groove Rule to your advantage. ie, "Honey, I

That's bloody brilliant! Thank you.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

You should use the New Groove Rule to your advantage. ie, "Honey, I

Do you realize what this means!?! You've finally answered the question: what is the point of the new groove rule?!?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

i think you should just tell her which ones you want.

Unless your wife works for Golf Galaxy or the local pro shop, this would be the best way to go.

For your future years together, it's best to consult with each other before getting major gifts. Otherwise, you both start getting stuck with a lot of glitzy junk you can't use.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I'm 30 and we do the joint thing. It seems strange to me to have "personal" accounts. Kind of defeats the purpose of a union. Why even get married if parts of your life are seperate? How do you guys determine how much goes into the personal account? Do you get even amounts each month?

Yes. We have a budget and we stick to it. Most of our monies go into the joint account, but we also have personal accounts. There's nothing that can really be hidden from the other, as we know exactly what each other makes.

"Why even get married if parts of your life are separate?". You don't surrender your individuality when you get married. Married couples that don't have rich lives apart from one another as well as rich lives together have a hard time. But anyhoo...

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Yes. We have a budget and we stick to it. Most of our monies go into the joint account, but we also have personal accounts. There's nothing that can really be hidden from the other, as we know exactly what each other makes.

I would argue that most marriage problems are as a result of money issues, not lack of "rich lives apart". Seperate accounts could lead to resentment towards the other especially if one gets more than the other. I never said you surrender your individuality when you get married. If you both get the same amount, what is the point of seperate accounts anyhow?

Note: This thread is 4968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!