iacas

"The Comics" Thread

278 posts / 42184 viewsLast Reply

17 hours ago, nevets88 said:

We've seen this picture before.

gWbPEGI.jpg

wait.....what?????

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And another... How this makes any difference is beyond me and I'm pretty sure it would steepen the AoA...

IMG_0593.JPG

29 minutes ago, b101 said:

And another... How this makes any difference is beyond me and I'm pretty sure it would steepen the AoA...

IMG_0593.JPG

How does standing closer to the ball shallow the AoA? If anything it would do the opposite. 

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

How does standing closer to the ball shallow the AoA? If anything it would do the opposite. 

If only my sister knew that her Christmas present of a magazine subscription would just end up with me ridiculing it :-P

4 hours ago, b101 said:

If only my sister knew that her Christmas present of a magazine subscription would just end up with me ridiculing it :-P

It does provide entertainment, though… no?

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

It does provide entertainment, though… no?

Some - I like the travel and interview sections, but the equipment reviews and instruction parts are poor at best. The odd stuff on rules is useful, too. 

I could post five pictures of nonsense instruction for every month's release, though. I guess the positive is that I clearly understand the golf swing a lot better than I used to - this place is definitely the reason! 

I'm not sure if this belongs here, I'll plead ignorance if it doesn't but this doesn't sound right. Can you guess AoA from divot, ball flight, and sound?

Heard an announcer say today during the Safeway Open, as Brendan Steele was getting ready to putt:

I will tell you, if this ball does go in the hole, it will be in the last few rolls, in my opinion here.

Kind of like "why are my car keys always in the last place I look?" :-D

A new one in video/horrible advertising form. I know a man who will love this swing tip sending golfers to the range with great advice (@iacas)

:-D

Someone please tell David Duval it's okay to swing your arms in the golf swing. The only person this advice would probably help is Jim Furyk.

And he talked about being "above" the plane when the DTL slo-mo clearly showed that he was beneath it. He did try to rescue the thought when he talked about it being a "feel" and how you need to keep your body moving. Feel ain't real!