IGNORED

Tiger's Changes Taking Shape

iacas
Note: This thread is 4847 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

more than anything else I think the fact that he can completely retool a swing and ingrain it enough to be on the top of the leaderboard this fast is simply amazing. Regardless of whether it is stack and tilt or conventional or Hoganesque......to compete at that level and play the way he did just shows how special a talent he really is

In the bag:
G-15 9 degree with Proforce V2
Ping Anser V-2
MP-52 3-PW, JPX-800 Pros 3-PW
52-08, 56-11 Vokeys G-15 15.5 3W G-10 5W

Love it. Much more centered over the ball, less active releasing of the hands and he's keeping his flying wedge further past impact.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the one thing tiger is missing is that will to not give up a tournament lead when he is winning and he lost that , it shows when he lost a playoff to grahm mcdowell. darn those europeans are good!! lol

Anyone think that he got a little stuck between his bad habits and his new swing in the final round?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Anyone think that he got a little stuck between his bad habits and his new swing in the final round?

im not sure. That fairway wood shot into the green towards the end was pretty bad. I dont really know what he did there or why he did it

I think the bit that should worry the other guys is what he said afterward, that he lost his swing in the middle of the round but rebuilt it by the end. He couldn't really do that before.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Then I lost my swing in the middle part of the round, and pieced it back together again piece by piece. I was proud of that. I was very committed coming in, and hit some really, really good shots coming in, which was good. If anything, I thought that's when there might be a breakdown, but I was very pleased that I was able to put that back together then. Unfortunately, during the middle part of the round I lost all those shots and Graeme was playing really well.

http://www.pgatour.com/2010/tourname...ods/index.html

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Paul Azinger certainly seems to think so :

Tiger reverting back a bit today. When he starts to keep left elbow pointing down again, on bcksw/and after impact he'll stop pulling shots!

Watch as they finish if his left arm comes off his body like it did on last wedge shot.Under pressure it's easy to revert back to bad habits

video...

i still see him moving an inch or two off the ball on the back. maybe just my amateur analysis?

im not sure. That fairway wood shot into the green towards the end was pretty bad. I dont really know what he did there or why he did it

i think his back foot slipped.

Colin P.

• Administrator
i still see him moving an inch or two off the ball on the back. maybe just my amateur analysis?

It must be. It doesn't move. Compare frames 1 and 4 - you're likely seeing the fact that his hips start going forward (as they did with Ben Hogan) before he finishes his backswing that makes his head look like it's backwards a bit.

I made this for a longer post I might not have time to make, but no sense holding it back or anything:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Yeah, his changes are definitely taking shape... the shape of Mike Bennett. :-)

tiger_woods_vs_mike_bennett_sam_snead.jpg

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

hey erik, does tiger ever talk to MB and AP, or does he only consult foley?

also, his P7 and P8 positons still look funky to me when he swings driver, i dont know what it is but it looks out of control.

Colin P.

That's some forward shaft lean.  Is that his regular ball position or is the ball back a bit?  Looks like it's back a bit.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by colin007

hey erik, does tiger ever talk to MB and AP, or does he only consult foley?

also, his P7 and P8 positons still look funky to me when he swings driver, i dont know what it is but it looks out of control.

I can say this: Tiger's talked a fair amount with Grant Waite, and Grant knows what's up... and so does Tiger. The two live close to each other.

Foley rolls the club pretty hard in his swing so it's no surprise that Tiger does too. All of Foley's students have a fairly high rate of closure. I'd like to see Tiger's hip work get a little better and this would help. Still a bit more "timing" than I'd like to see.

Note: This thread is 4847 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!