phillyk

Conservative play versus Aggressive

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play mostly conservatively, mostly aggressive, or a little bit of both depending on situation?

• Mostly conservative
    • Mostly aggressive
    • A bit of both

Is there a word for "aggressive, but not reckless or stupid"

If it's a good hitting day, I'll shape, I'll go for the max distance, etc.  But if it requires the 'perfect' shot?  heck no.

Maybe we can get into a big debate over what "conservative" and "aggressive" means to each of us.  those threads are fun

I'd lean aggressive - I like the "Best Shot of the Week" thread a lot more than the "What did you shoot today?" thread - that pretty much says it.  Remembering that difficult shot that you pulled off as planned is still the greatest feeling in the game for me.  I am scoring better playing 'strategic' lately, but that does lead to a boring round sometimes even if the score is great.

Edited by rehmwa

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stupid aggressive.  Constantly banging drives that I failed to shape through fairways, sending approach shots over the green that didn't have enough spin, nearly dunking chip shots only to have them slide 8 feet past the hole.  Refusing to leave the driver in the bag on par 4's under 400yds even though my 100yd and in game is my weakest asset. :whistle:

Course management in every shot. I play aggresivly to conservative targets.

- Away from penalty or trouble off the tee, as close to the green as i can. 
- put the ball back in play if i´m in trouble
- aiming at the middle of the green on approach shots, even with a wedge in my hands.
- accept a bogey when im short sided and i can´t stick it close with a normal lob shot.
- just focus on 2 putts outside 15 feet, if the ball goes in, lucky me.   

Old thread but a good read.

I am a bit of both.  Depends on day, course and how I am swinging.

Love it when the aggressive pays off... hate that darn snowman on the card when it doesn't!

Stupid aggressive. It hurts everytime I go safe. That's why my handicap is going nowhere fast :-D

Edited by Xunzi

I am mostly conservative, and voted as such. 

That said, their are times when a tight, well guarded pin comes along, and I want to see if I can pull the shot off. The term "be humble" usually comes to mind when I try one of those shots. :whistle: