IGNORED

How many balls

Note: This thread is 3550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just have a pocket on my bag full of balls. I tend to put two in my pocket at a time.

Driver: Callaway FT-iZ 10*  I  2 Hybrid: Nike VR  I  3&4 Hybrid: Nike Sumo SQ  I  Irons: Ping G10 5-PW, LW,  I  52* & 62*: GigaGolf SGS  I  Putter: Cleveland BRZ #2  I  White things I chase: Srixon AD333

I carry 4-6 balls with me.  I don't need the extra wieght.  At home, I've got probably 200 junk balls, 4 dozen good balls, and 3 dozen in between.  I usually buy a bunch before the season.  I bought 6 dozen this year and shouldn't have to buy anymore.

Brian

I begin my round with three balls. Two reasons, I walk and am concerned with weight and two, I always find a dozen or so.

I have about 40 dozen mint balls in my office closet and about 20 dozen less than mint in the garage. I give away the less than mints to high school golf teams from some of the poorer schools.

• 3 years later...
Revive this thread. I just bought a sun mountain four 5 and will start carrying this year. Wondering how many balls most people bring. I'm around 15-20 balls but am scared that's to heavy. Lately I Havnt been losing many but can get a nasty slice once in a while were I just lose my driver.

I carry up to a dozen since that's about how many the pouch on my bag holds.  I usually have a box in the trunk of my car for when the pouch gets low but other than that I don't keep any around.

I like to have 2-3 sleeves of new balls plus I always have a half dozen used or found balls in the bag.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't help myself, my avatar picture is the side pocket of my golf bag, say no more. I have about 17 sleeves of balls in there all tour balls. When callaway, Nike, taylormade bring out a new tour ball, I immediately buy a box, play it and if I like them I will continue to use them. I am happy with most of the tour balls but mostly play Nike rzn platinum or callaway sr 3 at the moment.

I allow myself ONE sleeve of new balls per round ... if I lose those, I have to dig into the bottom of the ball bag & play old ratty found balls.    It's a good incentive to play in control and not lose balls...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

If I am carrying the bag which I am trying to do more I limit how many balls.  6 at the most.  I don't have junk balls or found balls because I won't play them.  If they are good I give them away.  If they are iffy I drop them in the side of a tee.

Costo was clearing out their Yellow Callaway 4 piece urethane covered balls for $15 a dozen.  It was the ball I prefer to play so I have a supply that should last several years.

If I lose 2 balls a round it is a lot.  I usually abandon a ball because it is marked up first.

I try to have one sleeve of brand new balls ready to go. Other than that I have tons of used balls or ones that I picked up in the woods or around the courses. So besides a sleeve of four new balls, I probably have 20 used ones ready to go.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

I try to have one sleeve of brand new balls ready to go. Other than that I have tons of used balls or ones that I picked up in the woods or around the courses. So besides a sleeve of four new balls, I probably have 20 used ones ready to go.

Isn't a sleeve 3 balls?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Isn't a sleeve 3 balls?

Damn you're right. For some reason I thought my Wilson Staff balls came in sleeves of four. But yeah so I have one sleeve of new balls in my bag at all times.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't a sleeve 3 balls?

4 balls is a baker's sleeve.

i carry around a dozen when i walk and two dozen when i cart. i lose a lot more in a cart than walking and i have extras for the partners.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

• 2 weeks later...
I found out today that I had a grand total of sixty-two balls in my bag. I usually carry a couple sleeves of new ones plus about a dozen scuffed etc for use as loaners or for crazy shots. I pick up one or two on the course over a round, but I forgot to empty them out and made that discovery yesterday when my ball pocket wouldn't zip shut.

I carry a dozen new at any time.  If my game goes to junk, I tend to pull out whatever balls are in my pouch.  I need to carry less as an incentive to play better as mentioned above but I always worry I will not have enough to finish a round

I usually carry a sleeve and an odd ball or two, depending on where I am playing. My usual course is not too much of a ball trap, although I usually find a few. I recently played about 36 holes or so with the same ball. If I am playing an unfamiliar course or one where I have a history of lost balls, I will usually load up 2 sleeves plus the odd one or two from the last sleeve.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I buy a dozen, then supplement those with ones I find on the course while I play. One benefit to playing by myself is I almost always have time to stroll about. I typically find 12+ extra of various types. I'll typically save up the good ones for when I am playing well and use the crap ones when I'm not. I've only bought 3 dozen balls so far this season, which is pretty good for me.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 3550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!