IGNORED

2011 U.S. Open

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

I don't want to say a major championship is over on Friday morning, but...it's over. The last two rounds are an afterthought at this point.

Anything can happen!

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

While I always hope for an American to win the US Open, I'm with you.  I hope he keeps pouring it on; it would be awful if he goes backwards after the final round at the Masters.

Originally Posted by Yukari

RM's approach on 17th with the pin tucked right behind a bunker--

Geez!  Speechless..

I really hope he runs away with it.  It's been a long time since a player dominated the field as much as RM's doing right now.

I don't want to say a major championship is over on Friday morning, but...it's over. The last two rounds are an afterthought at this point. Rory can shoot 80 tomorrow and still lead by several strokes.

What if he shoots a 90?

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

How many records has Rory broken now? Iron Byron has nothing on Rory's swing today!

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Man, this is impressive.  Even after his inevitable epic Sunday meltdown, he will still win by a few strokes.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Wet on 18. So he is human....

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Typical Phil. Trying to be a hero and putting it in the piss.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Well, RM still has no bogey for 36 holes in the U.S. Open-- unfortunately .

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4dfa9b33ad9e9

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

He obviously was on a high and wanted to show boat a bit and stiff it on 18. I'm confused as to why he chose that line. Pulled it or not, he still should've aimed at the right pots and tried to get up and down, at least taking double out of play..

Originally Posted by Yukari

Well, RM still has no bogey for 36 holes in the U.S. Open--unfortunately.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

He obviously was on a high and wanted to show boat a bit and stiff it on 18. I'm confused as to why he chose that line. Pulled it or not, he still should've aimed at the right pots and tried to get up and down, at least taking double out of play..

I agree that he should have started it more right but we don't know how far out there to the right he started it camera angles aren't the best. Secondly, he has been hitting the ball better than anyone and felt really good about himself so why not try to get it in close.  I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to show off, he isn't that kind of guy.

This has to be demoralizing for the guys teeing off in the afternoon. We're not even into the weekend yet, and it's become a one-man tournament. How do you psych yourself up to post a good score today?

Originally Posted by Kieran123

That's true, and there isn't really anyone up the top of the leader board that I can see going super low....possibly McDowell, but he's been pretty streaky as of late

I don't want to say a major championship is over on Friday morning, but...it's over. The last two rounds are an afterthought at this point. Rory can shoot 80 tomorrow and still lead by several strokes.

Originally Posted by 1par2win

I wouldn't go quite that far yet but unless the golf gods get bored with it (and we all know they can and do!!!) it's Rory's for the taking.

If Yang can match Rory's 5 under(which is not unreasonable), he is only 3 shots off the lead.  A 3 shot lead can evaporate quite quickly.  This is by no means a runaway yet.

Originally Posted by shades9323

If Yang can match Rory's 5 under(which is not unreasonable), he is only 3 shots off the lead.  A 3 shot lead can evaporate quite quickly.  This is by no means a runaway yet.

I think it will be a case of Rory making a mistake rather than anyone catching him

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by shades9323

Was it '94 or 97 that Monty shot lights out on Friday to eliminate a ton of guys (> 10 strokes out of the lead) then didn't win. Depending on how hot it gets on the weekend (haven't seen a forecast), people from the UK have been known to just sort of melt, about mid-Sunday.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

That is a hell of a margin. I wasn't really rooting for Rory at first, but it is hard not to at this point. Look at it this way....he has provided us with some of the best TV golf that has been displayed in the last year, and he is more than capable of bringing this thing home.

Looks like my original pick (Dusting Johnson) is not feelin it this week.

Also pulling for GMac, Uhlien, Garrigus, and Watson.

Rory is awesome. Hopefully he can keep it together tomorrow and sunday, if so he has definitely got it. He has a great swing... I know he will be one of the best players over the next decade

:whistle:

Note: This thread is 4711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!