IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
No.  What happens to me a lot, though, is that I come up with a good title and some detailed notes, then upload it, and while it's thinking, my phone goes to sleep and it ends up not uploading.  Then I have to start all over again, and I'm too lazy to remember all that stuff and I write like one line of notes.

Copy. Paste. :)

Plus, do you upload from your phone? Put the movie file on your computer or something. Dropbox, man. Dropbox. :)

Lol. That happened to me this time too. I wrote it all out and uploaded and something happened and the upload failed so I had to rewrite it. Basically wrote the same thing but it's always weird to paraphrase yourself.

Yeah, your failed upload borked the system. Nobody else could upload for a few days until I got back from VA Beach and could fix it. ****ing Canadians… :-D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ha ha. Yeah Brian mentioned that. Blame Canada. Consider it revenge for all the acid rain. :w00t:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Ha ha. Yeah Brian mentioned that. Blame Canada. Consider it revenge for all the acid rain.

Wow, your swing was so bad that it shut down Evolvr? ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Wow, your swing was so bad that it shut down Evolvr?  ;-)

For THREE days!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

For THREE days!

Impressive!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

[QUOTE name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/54175/my-swing-ernest-jones/900_30#post_1029762"] For THREE days![/QUOTE] Impressive!

Makes sense why they hired @logman now doesn't it?? :)

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Makes sense why they hired @logman now doesn't it?? :)

I could just picture @Ernest Jones practicing the split handed grip and doing it too much, so his next video is going to have one hand on the butt of the club and the other down the middle of the shaft. I suppose that's probably a pretty natural way for him to grip a stick :-P

Bill

My Swing Thread

56* from 110 yards. DARTS,BABY, DARTS!! Made the 12 footer for Birdie too.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

110?? With a 56? I thought I was doing all right hitting my 50 110. You trying out for long drive soon?? :)

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

110?? With a 56? I thought I was doing all right hitting my 50 110.

You trying out for long drive soon??

:)

I thought it was well known that EJ is a big hitter...in fact...oh never mind. ;-)

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Funny, that didn't even register when I first read it.  Impressive, EJ!!  My 54 barely goes 110 when I smack it.

I thought it was well known that EJ is a big hitter...in fact...oh never mind.

Funny, that didn't even register when I first read it.  Impressive, EJ!!  My 54 barely goes 110 when I smack it.

I've gotten longer. My course has a 100 yard par 3 that used to be a 56* for me but now I hit pin high with my 60*, my 56* flies the green by about 10 yards even choked down. And as you can tell by the pitch mark in the picture, I'm not delofting, those bombs are coming in STEEP!

Bombed my 4H 220ish this morning, no gps but the tee markers were in line with the 275 plaque and my second shot was from about halfway in from the 100 yard marker. Ironically I hit my 4H over my 3H or 3W because I was worried about running out of fairway, there's a slight dogleg at about 100 yards out from the pin, I had about 5 yards to spare or I would've been in the woods.

So, yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

B-)

I was also +13 after 9.

:whistle:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Sounds pretty similar to what I hit distance wise. Executive 9 I play has a par 3 that's 129 and I hit my 50* just over the back pin. Wish I had taken the picture of it. It was about 135 in the air.

Just a side note, topflite gamer soft golfballs are pretty good. They seem to play almost exactly the same for me as Q Stars for about $10 less per dozen.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Sounds pretty similar to what I hit distance wise. Executive 9 I play has a par 3 that's 129 and I hit my 50* just over the back pin. Wish I had taken the picture of it. It was about 135 in the air.

Just a side note, topflite gamer soft golfballs are pretty good. They seem to play almost exactly the same for me as Q Stars for about $10 less per dozen.

Yeah my distance drops off a bit once I get into longer clubs, probably less centred strikes. I have a 136 yard par 3 that I hit my 9 iron if it's on the back tier and my PW if it's on the front. Greens slightly elevated though and there's a pretty generous backstop. I also don't swing for the fences on that hole because the clubhouse windows are right behind it. :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher

I thought it was well known that EJ is a big hitter...in fact...oh never mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I've gotten longer. My course has a 100 yard par 3 that used to be a 56* for me but now I hit pin high with my 60*, my 56* flies the green by about 10 yards even choked down. And as you can tell by the pitch mark in the picture, I'm not delofting, those bombs are coming in STEEP!

Bombed my 4H 220ish this morning, no gps but the tee markers were in line with the 275 plaque and my second shot was from about halfway in from the 100 yard marker. Ironically I hit my 4H over my 3H or 3W because I was worried about running out of fairway, there's a slight dogleg at about 100 yards out from the pin, I had about 5 yards to spare or I would've been in the woods.

So, yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

I was also +13 after 9.

Absolutely...

-Matt-

Absolutely...

I am also, most definitely and unapologetically, that ****ing guy.

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Horrible round of golf tonight. I was a bit early so I did a 3 hole loop while waiting for my buddy. Par, Bogey, Par. Everything is working fine.

My buddy shows up and we tee off. Pull-Shank it OB, which I believe is a shot that only @cipher and myself can pull off. Tee it up again and boom it with a nice high trajectory...and a 20 yrs push :-O . Find it, chip out yadda, yadda, yadda...card a snowman.

Second hole (par 3) another huge push into the trees, I know it opens up a bit on the other side for the cart path so might be ok-ish. Tee up a provisional, push it so bad I think it may have been a shank. Continued hilarity ensues for the remainder of the round. Pulled it together for back to back pars at one point but was too out of it at that point to salvage much from the round.

It's funny, I was getting great contact but with insane directional variances, which lead to doubt and on-course swing tinkering which lead to confusion and chaos. Not really too concerned, I connected with my swing enough times during the round to know I still have it just couldn't recover enough to turn the round around. I probably need to shift my play/practice ratio a bit, I tend to just hit the course instead of the range when the opportunity arises. Plus the course is already paid for, the range is out of pocket.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Horrible round of golf tonight. I was a bit early so I did a 3 hole loop while waiting for my buddy. Par, Bogey, Par. Everything is working fine.

My buddy shows up and we tee off. Pull-Shank it OB, which I believe is a shot that only @cipher and myself can pull off. Tee it up again and boom it with a nice high trajectory...and a 20 yrs push . Find it, chip out yadda, yadda, yadda...card a snowman.

Second hole (par 3) another huge push into the trees, I know it opens up a bit on the other side for the cart path so might be ok-ish. Tee up a provisional, push it so bad I think it may have been a shank. Continued hilarity ensues for the remainder of the round. Pulled it together for back to back pars at one point but was too out of it at that point to salvage much from the round.

It's funny, I was getting great contact but with insane directional variances, which lead to doubt and on-course swing tinkering which lead to confusion and chaos. Not really too concerned, I connected with my swing enough times during the round to know I still have it just couldn't recover enough to turn the round around. I probably need to shift my play/practice ratio a bit, I tend to just hit the course instead of the range when the opportunity arises. Plus the course is already paid for, the range is out of pocket.

The bold is the story of my season.  Maybe not insane directional variances, but inconsistent ones.  I go about every other round at the moment where keys 4 and 5 are decent and when they are off.  It is so tough to find consistency with path/face.  I think guys that are consistent with those keys they call scratch or sompin' like dat. ;-) The next time you go out, you will probably be just fine.

The pull shank is a very impressive shot to have in the bag BTW. :-D

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Note: This thread is 2941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!