IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

60 Minutes of Body Combat

60 Minutes on Weights Training ( Legs )

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Today

Elliptical 30 minute

Chips Up 25 x 4

Lat pull down 145 lbs 12 x 4

Dumbbell Row - 55lbs x 12 x 4 each side

Dumbbell Curl  - 25lbs 12 x 4 each side

Dumbbell Incline Curl 15 x 4 each side

T Bar Row - 100lbs 12 x 4

Crunch 20 x 3

Burn about 800 Cal for the session .

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

So far...

30 min spin bike

20 min lifting, leg day

50 sit ups

100 jumping jacks

50 body weight calf raises

walk 5 miles

Not sure about later. If no driving range I'll have time for more spin bike, sit ups and possibly some metabolic circuit stuff. Probably walk a few more miles before I leave work too.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I hope people are still working out. I am, but not in a super structured way so I haven't listed things here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I hope people are still working out. I am, but not in a super structured way so I haven't listed things here.

I've continued to work out, but I've gained like 10 lbs because I've been unable to maintain my normal healthy/strict diet.  It's really annoying.  It happens every winter; I struggle staying motivated to be in good shape.  In the summer I love the feeling of being outdoors in the sun and sweating (either golfing, at the range, working out a 2nd time or coaching football).  But in the winter I just want to go home and go lay on the couch and watch movies or play video games after work.  And when that happens I like to eat junk food.

Oh well, still working out.  But I was down to like 168 when I left for Vegas in September and now I'm up to 180.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I find its easier to loose weight in the winter because i use exercise as a reason to be active. I don't limit it to just outdoors.

Today's workout, Abdominals and hips

1-4) first 4 exercise of p90x ab ripper

5) bench leg lifts

6) Static band rotation (I take two 6lb resistance bands, tie them around a pole at middle abdominal height, then you stand sideways and keep your arms extended infront of you, you rotate the bands so that your arms are 90 degrees from the bands. Contract your core to keep yourself stable. After 30 seconds, i then do slow rotations, this exercise is pure evil)

7) Side Planks

8) Side leg lefts, clams, reverse clams

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by saevel25

I find its easier to loose weight in the winter because i use exercise as a reason to be active. I don't limit it to just outdoors.

Oh, I still work out indoors at the gym every morning around 5AM.  It's just that I like to stay busy after work too.  Just not motivated to work out twice a day in the winter.

complete three rotations, 1 each side of the body, 6-8 reps each exercise, do not stop between exercises, rest 1-2 minutes between rotations

-Dumbbell Swings (variant on kettleball swings)

-Dumbbell clean and press

-Dumbbell Split Squat

-Dumbbell Bent over Row

-Dumbbell Upright Row

-Dumbbell Front Squat

-Dumbbell One arm dead lift

-Dumbbell one arm chest fly

This is like 60 minutes packed into 30 minutes. Its meant to maintain or slightly increase strength, stoke the bodies metabolism by combining big compound exercises in a High Intensity Interval Training style

Believe me, i am in decent shape, been lifting weights for 2 years now, this kicks my butt. I can only do 3 rotations on these. If you feel like putting the final nail in your coffin, do a set of 10 burpees at the end, why because we can :p

Warning, this this does do a lot of shoulder rotation and movement, i recommend not going to heavy, i did 25 lbs and i wouldn't go heavier. So someone new to this would probably start off lighter. The point is to burn calories and fat while maintaining strength.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Split squat is basically a lunge with out the step. So stand up straight, take one foot and either step forward 2-3 feet or step backwards 2-3 feet. Now what you do is just lower your self straight down, keeping your upper body motion on a vertical access. This gets tougher with one dumbbell because it wants to pull you off balance, so it really works the core and the hip abductors and adductors. This takes some time to get use to because most people wont have the balance for it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

1.5 miles along a new road. Left foot felt funny so I didn't push it too hard.

8:49 pace.

http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/19533560

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by saevel25

Split squat is basically a lunge with out the step. So stand up straight, take one foot and either step forward 2-3 feet or step backwards 2-3 feet. Now what you do is just lower your self straight down, keeping your upper body motion on a vertical access. This gets tougher with one dumbbell because it wants to pull you off balance, so it really works the core and the hip abductors and adductors. This takes some time to get use to because most people wont have the balance for it.

Ah, okay.  I do walking lunges.  Did them today actually.  It's the single exercise I hate the most, bar none.  I usually do it on Thursday, and my own inside joke (literally, a joke with myself) is that once I do lunges, my week is basically over.  It's all downhill from there .  Everything else is a breeze.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes of kettlebells and stretching, 5 minutes of Orange Whip

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Deadlift (130-750-220-242-253) x 5 Squat (66-110-154-165-176) x 5 Bench (66-110-132-143-154) x 5 Chins BW +10 x 5+5+3

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1