IGNORED

My plan to become a pro!!!!!!! HATERS STAY AWAY.

Shorty
Note: This thread is 4504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK guys -  heres's the plan.

I'm going to join the Champions Tour in 2013. Seems like a pretty easy way for someone who didn't have the game to make it on the big tour!  Not saying I didn't have the game, but I'm 51 and I just didn't have the time or money to make it on the PGAT Tour, but obviously could have, because I just love golf!

Each year there are 5 spots up for grabs in the Champions Tour Q school event.  FIVE!!!!!! that's heaps!!

-14 was good enough this year and the competition is pretty weak.

Bobby Clampett missed out (13 under, loser) - and he's a hacker. So did a former Australian Open champion, Peter Fowler, but he's a has been, only playing on the European Seniors Tour ATM.

I figured that if  I can get to scratch in a year I can do it.

I'm moving to Florida and am going t get a swing coach!

I'll post updates on my progress.

It just seems like a great way to make money playing the game I love and I really, really have the passion and drive to do it!

Haters, stay away from this thread. If you want soething bad enough you can get it.

Can't wait! - Titleist is my favoured club  sponsor because "heritage speaks" (anyone remember that one?).

Also I plan on using a UNIQUE ball - Bridgestone - not going to be a sheep and hit those ProVs. I'm my own man!

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Easy.........

If you use a belly putter

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Even though you are joking around maybe you should do it. Tom Coyne did something similar turning it into a published book without ever actually reaching his goal of playing with the pro's (due to poor planning). His book Paper Tiger was a decent read IMO.

Trying to bait people with a Haters Stay Away comment in title (while hating in the body of your post)? Not a very ' Tool Member of The Month' like posting.

Originally Posted by deasy55

Do you mind if I join you? Being a successful pro golfer sounds like fun. I'm going to practise my chipping once a week, I should be down to scratch by Christmas.

If you are prepared to work hard, you can do it.

I mean...Tiger wasn't a scartch player when he was 5 years old, so it CAN BE DONE!!!!

Join me.

if you want Titleist as a sponsor, why would you play Bridgestone?  You may get too used to that ball and when you have to switch over and use ProV1s due to your sponsor, the slight feel of the ball may throw you off your game.

BTW: I would suggest haivng a particular branding on your style, like a unique hat you always wear.  That will help you with your self promotion.  You can turn that look into a cool logo that you use to brand the golf courses you will end up designing.

You got a good plan though, the Champion Tour is full of all sorts of hacks that couldn't win a local men's club tourney.   It only takes commitment to make it.   Once you got that, the rest will be easy!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Originally Posted by Grumpter

Even though you are joking around maybe you should do it. Tom Coyne did something similar turning it into a published book without ever actually reaching his goal of playing with the pro's (due to poor planning). His book Paper Tiger was a decent read IMO.

Trying to bait people with a Haters Stay Away comment in title (while hating in the body of your post)? Not a very 'Tool Member of The Month' like posting.

More sage advice from the Grumpter. I'll take it on board.

You'll know it when I'm baiting people, but in your usual humourless and pious manner, your obvious dislike of me reveals more about yourself than it does of me.

I've read Paper Tiger - but it wasn't poor planning that stopped him. He didn't have the game. Pure and simple.

Well you are already half way there since you love golf.  I would have went pro but, I didn't have the love for the game like everyone else.  I just go play every chance I get because I enjoy fixing divots.  Man If I only had the passion some of these 20 handicapers have that are going to go pro because they love the game.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You're taking the hard road. How about you join me on the Big Break, we can create a ton of drama and force the other contestants to quit so it's just you and me. I'm sure you're really a +5 on U.S. courses so that should be good enough to beat me in the glass shattering competition and you'll be on your way and you won't even have to practice.  Only problem is you might have to play Adams irons and woods, but the Bridgestone ball should be okay.

Joe Paradiso

Shorty, you just have to want it bad enough. After you make the Champions Tour and win a major, then you probably can get an exemption on the PGA Tour! Maybe I will pm you my exclusive sponsorship details that I have with an up and coming ball retriever company that is looking to sponsor some new talent!  I can put in a good word for you. Go Shorty, I believe!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Shorty, you just have to want it bad enough. After you make the Champions Tour and win a major, then you probably can get an exemption on the PGA Tour! Maybe I will pm you my exclusive sponsorship details that I have with an up and coming ball retriever company that is looking to sponsor some new talent!  I can put in a good word for you. Go Shorty, I believe!

Do you think that I could captain a Presidents Cup team if my only major was on the Champions Tour?

It's still a major right? And doing it in my first year on tour would still be an achievement, wouldn't it?

Originally Posted by Shorty

Do you think that I could captain a Presidents Cup team if my only major was on the Champions Tour?

It's still a major right? And doing it in my first year on tour would still be an achievement, wouldn't it?

Well, I don't want to put a negative thought in your head, but I think you may not be considered, unless the major you win is your debut event!  Go for it Shorty!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

How could you not believe? Look at all those exlamation points in the title - this guy really is serious about turning pro!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Brosef, you can totally do it. FU to all the haterade going around. They're nothing but failures in their own lives so  they have to come on here and hate on us good players for dreaming BIG and using caps to explain our points more clearly.

We should be roomies in Florida!!!!!! I'm thinking about it too after the 41 I shot on the front nine at my home course. I just need to stop three putting. I clearly have the power (TRUST ME, I'm not a short knocker).

You can do it.

Here are some cool training montages to fire you up in the meantime. Not that you'll need it.

Stupid commies. He sure showed them.

Best of the Best 2. Maybe the most underrated movie of all time?

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

• Administrator

When does the 10,000 hours start? How many have you knocked off already? Does playing Tiger Woods on your Wii count towards that total?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!