IGNORED

John HUH 2012 PGA Tour Rookie

Ben
Note: This thread is 4221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Shindig

Nicely done, both to John Huh for winning an event so soon and to Ben for calling it!

Dang, where the heck you been?!

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Seriously amazing start to his PGA Tour career. I have only seen bits and pieces of him, do you think he's Major material?

We've all seen he's got a serious game! Six for six cuts made, two top-tens and a win... Come on

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

Way to go John!

Ben I hope you tell John we have his back at TST!

I'll tell him for sure!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Originally Posted by Ben

We've all seen he's got a serious game! Six for six cuts made, two top-tens and a win... Come on

This is what I was referring too when I said "is he major material" Pretty obvious he can play consistently well, just wondered what your thoughts were about him playing on super tough/long tracks

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

John has game....

I'll continue to watch him with interest.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

John Huh currently:

9th on money list

2nd in scoring average

5th "all around"

6th in eagles

9th in driving accuracy %

This is how you start your career on tour, folks.

• Upvote 1

Looks like the pairings for the Honda Classic are out. Paired with Charl Schwartzel and Ernie Els for Thur and Fri. I wanna play golf with Ernie Els!!!

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

John Huh currently:

9th on money list

2nd in scoring average

5th "all around"

6th in eagles

9th in driving accuracy %

This is how you start your career on tour, folks.

Seriously impressive numbers!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Would I be mistaken in saying that his start has been very similar to Johnny Vegas' last year?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Ben - were you contacted by a reporter about your time playing with Huh?  On morning drive this morning it was mentioned that one of the reporters (don't remember his name) was unable to find much info about Huh, but had contacted one of his friends via an online forum.  Thought it might have been you.

Would I be mistaken in saying that his start has been very similar to Johnny Vegas' last year?

Similar results, but they're drastically different players. Vegas is longer off the tee, Huh is straighter. Vegas is more accurate with his irons, Huh is a much better putter.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

hahaha, yeap, that was me. It was Jerry Foltz, he sent me a PM here after John's showing in San Diego. We talked a bit that following Monday. There's not much dirt to dish on John. Actually there's no dirt... He's the model of the professional who's hard work and determination is paying off! Its all very motivating. He's really lit a fire under all of us that know him. I know I've never practiced as hard as I have been...

What did Foltz have to say?

Ben - were you contacted by a reporter about your time playing with Huh?  On morning drive this morning it was mentioned that one of the reporters (don't remember his name) was unable to find much info about Huh, but had contacted one of his friends via an online forum.  Thought it might have been you.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

hahaha, yeap, that was me. It was Jerry Foltz, he sent me a PM here after John's showing in San Diego. We talked a bit that following Monday. There's not much dirt to dish on John. Actually there's no dirt... He's the model of the professional who's hard work and determination is paying off! Its all very motivating. He's really lit a fire under all of us that know him. I know I've never practiced as hard as I have been... What did Foltz have to say?

That's awsome!

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Really impressive start both the win and the stats. Cool to have tour players close to forum members. Hope he will continue the good play. I'll be watching.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Another Friday and another finish high up the leaderboard. Go John HUH!!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 2 weeks later...
John needs our help! Rough day one today. Send him some good thoughts!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Tell John we're rooting for him! I have him on my fantasy golf team if that helps at all.

Couldn't find him on twitter or I'd give him a good luck shout out.

GO HUH!

BTW - What does John think of Gary McCord's nickname of "Johnny Question Mark" ?

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

Dangit. I was really looking forward to a Tiger like streak of cuts made out of John. But, he's still young and its very early in his career. On to next week. Go HUH!

1puttit, I'm gonna see his caddy, Zeke, tonight, I'll ask him about that.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

After a rocky Round 1 John grinded out a -2par Round 2 to make the cut on the number. Moving day tomorrow!!!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 4221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!