IGNORED

2012 WGC Cadillac - TPC Blue Monster at Doral Discussion Thread

TourSpoon
Note: This thread is 4428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by GolfBear

Bubba's got a bit of Mickelson in him.   Sometime you just need to take your foot off the gas and hit safe shots to win the tournament.   Both he and Phil love to engage in heroics and sometimes it costs them.  Sadly, neither of them seem to be able to hit a fairway in the clutch.

I will admit though, Bubba's short game was exceptional this weekend.  He's really smooth with his wedges.

Even Phil laid up on 18 to win at Pebble. Not exactly the same scenario as Bubba, but what this tells me is that Bubba has some growing up to do when it comes to course management.  I doubt that he really thinks about his shot percentages at all. He has the game, but it's just a matter of putting the reigns on it....at least occasionally.

Exactly. If it was Augusta, he would have pushed it out...his toughness has never been in question. So he didn't quit because he wasn't going to win...that is ridiculous. If he was gonna quit because of wasn't playing well, he would have quit and went home at the match play. Because up until today he was actually playing pretty well...he was obviously hurt. I noticed he was limping early in the round way before he changed shoes or any of the announcers said anything...if you don't believe me go back in the thread. I was also watching it on a 45 minute delay on DVR...which I think I also said. It doesn't matter...not looking for a cookie. his stride just looked a little different and kept getting worse. To say a guy that played a US OPEN on a bum knee with a fracture in his leg is a quitter is asinine! period. Go Hoosiers! #4 seed!
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by sean_miller

And another thread is successfully Tigerjacked - kudos guys.

Yup, it is a real shame that the haters who always complain about how Tiger draws all the attention from the other players couldn't just sit back and enjoy the spectacular finish.  No one seemed to get all that upset when David Toms withdrew Saturday.  Anyone know why he withdrew?

Other than Phil and Tiger I don't know who else could have made that shot Bubba hit on 18 out of the rough.  It's a shame he missed that putt.  Somehow you have to make the putt to keep the shot truly memorable.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by turtleback

Quote:

Yup, it is a real shame that the haters who always complain about how Tiger draws all the attention from the other players couldn't just sit back and enjoy the spectacular finish.  No one seemed to get all that upset when David Toms withdrew Saturday.  Anyone know why he withdrew?

Other than Phil and Tiger I don't know who else could have made that shot Bubba hit on 18 out of the rough.  It's a shame he missed that putt.  Somehow you have to make the putt to keep the shot truly memorable.

Ironically it was a couple different flavours of superfan.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

to add insult to injury he watched bradley miss almost the same put low, so he should have known to hit the thing, he really didn't give it a chance....

finishes don't get any more spectacular than that unless you take the same scenario to a major.

Originally Posted by turtleback

Uh, Tigerjack? IIRC he was playing in the tournament, the tournament that was the subject of the this thread. He WD'd in the middle of the 4th round. I don't see how discussing that as it unfolded constituted 'Tigerjacking' the thread. He was part of the story being discussed.

Now, where it got a bit off-topic was the personal opinions of his toughness, motives, whatever. My comments were, he got hurt & WD'd. Others can't seem to bite their tongue on what that means of him as a man. That's a shame, but not surprising.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Quote:

Uh, Tigerjack? IIRC he was playing in the tournament, the tournament that was the subject of the this thread. He WD'd in the middle of the 4th round. I don't see how discussing that as it unfolded constituted 'Tigerjacking' the thread. He was part of the story being discussed.

Now, where it got a bit off-topic was the personal opinions of his toughness, motives, whatever. My comments were, he got hurt & WD'd. Others can't seem to bite their tongue on what that means of him as a man. That's a shame, but not surprising.

It was an unnecessary detour and if nobody was referring to whatever it was that you said .

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Wow, I just finished watching via DVR and it came down to 18 once again. Great tournament and the one thing they really underplayed was how windy it was today. Congratulations Justin, with only 7 bogies for the week, that was some solid play. It looks like the Masters is going to be anyone's tournament with so many great performances so far this year.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Over/Under on how many F-Bombs were dropped by Tiger between the time sat down in his Mercedes, shut the door and pulled into his garage? I'm saying 50 before he even started backing out of his parking space. There were definitely more dropped than yards gained from using a Rocketballz 3 wood!
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

All of the Tiger leghumpers are quick to get offended when someone says something about him

Don't try to play the victim card when you say something ignorant and stupid.  You should get called on it.  You (and others) can spend time trying to rationalize and justify it, but perceptive posters see right through it.

Congrats to Rose, he was the golfer I was rooting for on this day, and I'm glad he pulled it out.  He seemed to be the only one to keep his poise and wits about him throughout the round.  Bubba should have won if he would have only had a game plan and stuck to it (remember he mentioned his game plan before the round would have been to "think more and hit less driver" but he didn't do either of those things).

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

With Rose winning this does this make Foley the best coach in the game?   Wouldn't be a stretch as his players just seem to keep on winning...... And this isn't to bash P&B; but maybe they might want to take a walk down the range and spend some time with Foley and see why his players continue to win.

Originally Posted by Brunogolf

With Rose winning this does this make Foley the best coach in the game?   Wouldn't be a stretch as his players just seem to keep on winning...... And this isn't to bash P&B; but maybe they might want to take a walk down the range and spend some time with Foley and see why his players continue to win.

He's good, for sure.  He's coaching Mahan, Rose, and Woods--who are all winning or playing well.  But Stephen Ames and Sean O'Hair aren't exactly lighting up leaderboards every week.

Is he coaching anyone else?  His website only lists O'Hair and Mahan far as I can tell.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

He's good, for sure.  He's coaching Mahan, Rose, and Woods--who are all winning or playing well.  But Stephen Ames and Sean O'Hair aren't exactly lighting up leaderboards every week.

Is he coaching anyone else?  His website only lists O'Hair and Mahan far as I can tell.

If anything his guys are off to a great 2012. Rose's finish was all about maintaining consistency under tough conditions as others crumbled around him. It certainly gives Foley some more credibility that is Pre-Tiger (not that I had ever questioned his teaching as good, bad, or indifferent).

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Explain what I said that was ignorant and stupid?

I said Tiger is Out...... Bye.  And then after I was attacked, I said that I didn't like Tiger because of his antics on the course, and that I wouldn't want my children to see him as a role model because of his behavior on the course.

If you think it's perfectly acceptable to teach people that dropping F-Bombs and throwing clubs is the way people should behave on the course, then it is not me who is ignorant and stupid.  I used to root for Tiger until I had the chance to see him play in person and witness his tantrums on the course.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Don't try to play the victim card when you say something ignorant and stupid.  You should get called on it.  You (and others) can spend time trying to rationalize and justify it, but perceptive posters see right through it.

Congrats to Rose, he was the golfer I was rooting for on this day, and I'm glad he pulled it out.  He seemed to be the only one to keep his poise and wits about him throughout the round.  Bubba should have won if he would have only had a game plan and stuck to it (remember he mentioned his game plan before the round would have been to "think more and hit less driver" but he didn't do either of those things).

Brandon

Somebody should rinse that guy who just yelled "Mashpotatoe" in 18 lake. And the guy who just yelled at Rose "Bubba's in the lake, Don't worry" Couple of jagoffs!

Did anyone see Rose's post tournament interview on "down the stretch" tonight" He said the reason he celebrated as if he won after he putted out on 18 is because of the ******* that I heard yell " Bubba's in the lake, don't worry". He yelled it from the crowd right before Justin putted. What a dick.

This is a man, who with all his resources, gets his pizza from a heat lamp warmed fast food pizza place and proceeds to eat it with a fork and knife.

Originally Posted by Zeph

Is Trump afraid of showing his head or something? Looks a bit silly with his red cap and baggy pants up there.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

This is a man, who with all his resources, gets his pizza from a heat lamp warmed fast food pizza place and proceeds to eat it with a fork and knife.

And (if I remember correctly the incident you are referencing), he did that all while trying to impress a certain family of Alaskans with good New York pizza!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

[LIST] [*] [*] [*] [/LIST] [quote name="Zeph" url="/t/56110/2012-wgc-cadillac-tpc-blue-monster-at-doral-discussion-thread/324#post_687880"]Is Trump afraid of showing his head or something? Looks a bit silly with his red cap and baggy pants up there.[/quote] I saw him at the Doral on Friday as he was driving a cart with a passenger and being followed by another cart. He passed quickly and there was no mistaking who it was. He is one of the few people that is uglier in person than he is on TV. With all his money, he can afford to be as ugly as he wants.
  • Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 4428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!