IGNORED

The Bird Man from the US Open: Drunk Activist interrupts Webb Simpson at Olympic

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He was not trying to promote himself, he tries to bring awareness to deforestation. I would think a gold course would be a good place to do that. Look around the web, nobody is calling him a moron .....if anything the word hero is being used allot.

He's a moron.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I laugh a little bit harder every time I see that video.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I think Simpson handled it very well. The line itself was laugh out loud funny, but coming from a golfer under those circumstances made it laugh out loud funny to me.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

The photos of Mike Davis grabbing the guy are great... he looks pissed!!!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

The photos of Mike Davis grabbing the guy are great... he looks pissed!!!

I don't blame him for being pissed. This is the USGA's shining moment of the year - their flagship event just concluded, they're talking to the champion on the 18th green...and here comes this jackwagon snatching the spotlight for his own selfish reasons. I'm surprised Davis didn't coldcock him.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I don't blame him for being pissed. This is the USGA's shining moment of the year - their flagship event just concluded, they're talking to the champion on the 18th green...and here comes this jackwagon snatching the spotlight for his own selfish reasons. I'm surprised Davis didn't coldcock him.

That would not have gone over well.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Haha I missed that lol. I wasn't disappointed in Webb winning but I'm not a Webb fan, so I didn't bother to watch it. I'd hate for anyones minute of glory to be shadowed by something like that, but I still think it's funny. Jail cell comment, it's truth? Is that not where he ended up? It's not like Webb is now sueing him or anything... he handled it well with a decent comment. Imagine if he had done that to many other pros he'd end up on his ass.

Com on, the guy stood in front of a camera and made a noise.  Its not like the ceremony was ruined.  They pulled him off, made a joke, and went on.

I thought the bird guy was funny.  It was original.

I didn't think Webb's comment was funny, but give him credit for trying.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Funny thing is the property was originally sand dunes and almost devoid of trees. Golf brought trees to the land.

b_OldOlympicNew.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I like it. Stir stuff up a bit. I'm more annoyed by the guys in the crowd yelling and acting like 10 year olds on every tee shot.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I just saw a tweet that James Harrison has been hired as security for all future PGA trophy ceremonies.  Can Patrick or anyone else verify the validity of this tweet?

He was not trying to promote himself, he tries to bring awareness to deforestation. I would think a gold course would be a good place to do that. Look around the web, nobody is calling him a moron.....if anything the word hero is being used allot.

He's a moron.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I like it. Stir stuff up a bit. I'm more annoyed by the guys in the crowd yelling and acting like 10 year olds on every tee shot.

Like the jackhole that yelled Yaba Daba Do atter Mcdowel teed off? I would like to strangle those guys.

Originally Posted by Zeph

+1 on this. Yelling after a tee shot was funny 10 years ago. Now it sounds like bottle rockets and all kinds of crap going on. Did like the Birdman however. A little more original than "Getindahole!!!!!!" and "bye bye birdie" when someone putts.

Web simpson won the arguably the most sought after championship for an american. The master's is always special, but the US Open has meant so much to so many people because it is an Open, even Jack thought that his first major being the US open was very special to him. The bird man tarnished the award ceremony, he's a selfish idiot who just seeking attention, its pathetic, and those who support the bird man do not respect the game of golf.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by Zeph

You liked that? Methinks your shirt is done up at least one button too far.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I thought the guy acted like a moron, Costas handled it poorly he should have just let Webb keep talking, and Webb handled it the best even though his comment wasn't overly funny but for all he knew the guy was just some drunk fan. If this guy wants to make a difference why doesn't he go to areas that have a lot of deforestation and fight on the frontline. Other than getting his name in media what did he accomplish by doing that at the US Open?

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

It's kind of funny. Webb Simpson seemed to be amused by it as well.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Note: This thread is 4262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!