IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

It's*

I'd give him a pass on this one.  I see too many times where "it's" is used when "its" is correct.  He's just restoring balance to the universe by doing the opposite.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd give him a pass on this one.  I see too many times where "it's" is used when "its" is correct.  He's just restoring balance to the universe by doing the opposite.

Minor punctuation errors don't bother me, especially considering a lot of us are posting from mobile devices using one finger and relying on autocorrect.

That's very true. "Its" gives a lot of people trouble because it's kind of an "exception to the rule scenario". So thank you @saevel25 for keeping the universe in balance, you've done good work here.

:-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Minor punctuation errors don't bother me, especially considering a lot of us are posting from mobile devices using one finger and relying on autocorrect.

^^^^^^^ Enabler!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

That's very true. "Its" gives a lot of people trouble because it's kind of an "exception to the rule scenario". So thank you @saevel25 for keeping the universe in balance, you've done good work here.

But I'll NEVER give anyone a pass on " its' ".   That's just someone who slept through the entire 8th grade.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

But I'll NEVER give anyone a pass on " its' ".   That's just someone who slept through the entire 8th grade.

There is no such thing as "its' ", I'm hoping that's what you mean and I'm sure it is, but just in case...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

There is no such thing as "its' ", I'm hoping that's what you mean and I'm sure it is, but just in case...

That's exactly what I mean!

In David's bag....

Yes there is :dance:

"When you are using its as a possessive, don’t use the apostrophe"

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yes there is

"When you are using its as a possessive, don’t use the apostrophe"

@saevel25 -  Its is correct, its' is not. So you can stop your dancing', you didn't catch me. :banana:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Yes there is

"When you are using its as a possessive, don’t use the apostrophe"

No, we're talking about " its' "........ its with an apostrophe after the "s".

In David's bag....

That's exactly what I mean!

Just checking. ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.

The apostrophe hides well next to the quotation mark. :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It's

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Yours in earnest, Jason.

^True story.

I consider myself good with spelling, but I probably come across a word once or twice a day that I'm not sure how to spell.  If I don't have time to look it up, I just change the structure of the sentence and use a different word. :-)

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

^True story. I consider myself good with spelling, but I probably come across a word once or twice a day that I'm not sure how to spell.  If I don't have time to look it up, I just change the structure of the sentence and use a different word.  :-)

"Believe." It took me years to remember that it's i-e, even with the pneumonic (I just assumed it was one of the rule-breakers, like "weird"). There are even more words and phrases that I gloss over when I read them. "Double entendre," for instance. I get through "double" and the first few letters of "entendre," and my brain says, "oh ya, it's that word," and moves on.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

^True story.

I consider myself good with spelling, but I probably come across a word once or twice a day that I'm not sure how to spell.  If I don't have time to look it up, I just change the structure of the sentence and use a different word.

Ha, me too, especially here on the Trap 'cuz we all know the wolves are out!! Lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator

There was one word I read a lot as a kid - it may have been segue - that it didn't "click" was the same word the first four or five times I heard it, because having only read the word, I was pronouncing it differently.

I wish I knew what word it was. I'm only 60% certain it was segue - but I could swear too that it was longer than that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets