IGNORED

Tiger is never coming back

TN94z
Note: This thread is 4000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I personally think tiger is still comming back. I think he is so motivated by the media that he wants to shut them up in Major fashon... I honestly think he wants another slam... and that would be some seriously fun golf to watch.

That being said I have really enjoyed the golf we have had this your... Bubba at the masters, Fowler winning... Rory last year at the masters and then the US open. It has been a great year+ in golf... tiger is picking it up and winning again. If Tiger, Rory, Donald, Bubba, and a couple others Peak in the second half of the year, we could see some golf that is flat amazing.

I don't necessarily see Phill making a huge impact but you can never count him out, and I don't see Fowler being truely dominant, but I would love to see it happen, he is just fun to watch imo, as is Bubba.

I think we will have a strong idea as to where tiger is come the british... Seems to me he is finally to the point in his game that he wants to play and he is going out and playing and not simply working on his swing. His confidence seems to be comming back... and its the confidence that break the competition, not the swing.

Where is Brocks when you need him?

The "confidence" is back.  One thing that stands out to me about this win, which I have alluded to, is the patience he showed on Sunday.  He didn't force any shots.  We never saw the Tiger that looked like he knew he needed a certain shot so badly, and then short-sided himself.  He played aggressive shots to relatively safe targets for the entire back nine.  He knew that his putting was going to be virtually bulletproof, so he simply put himself into positions on every green where par was the worst he could do.  The only time he really tried to "close the door" was on 16--but there is really no faulting Tiger for trying to stuff it to a back pin from 98 yards.  He got a hard bounce to a really bad spot over the green, but he still didn't play his next shot like he had to win the tournament right there.  He played a percentage shot, bumping it into the slope, and left himself a makeable par putt and took double out of the picture.

He knows that he's going to make par.  He knows that one solid putt gives him a birdie and a strong advantage--and the way he was rolling the ball, one or two were bound to drop.  He trusted that the other guy couldn't pull off the same shots under the pressure.  That is supreme confidence, and he used that confidence to his advantage.  That's the Tiger I've been waiting for, and it was classic.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 8 months later...

Oh, I remember that guy.  Where did he go?  What about Shorty and seanmiller?  Where are all these guys?

Reading those Shane Bacon quotes in the first post will be funnier when Tiger wins a major or two.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

What about Shorty and seanmiller?  Where are all these guys?

I was thinking the same thing the other day!  Remember Shanks A Million?  Where did he go?

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

I was thinking the same thing the other day!  Remember Shanks A Million?  Where did he go?

Yup, that was the other guy I was thinking of.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Oh, I remember that guy.  Where did he go?  What about Shorty and seanmiller?  Where are all these guys?

Reading those Shane Bacon quotes in the first post will be funnier when Tiger wins a major or two.

So are these guys not around anymore?  I haven't been around much lately because of work so I haven't even noticed that they weren't posting.

Yeah, those quotes will be quite nice pretty soon.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Haha I saw a few of his posts in an old thread I was reading the other day, and it all came back to me. I think his profile says the last time he was on was last October, but it's been even longer since his last post.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm far from a Tiger fanboi, but when he has his game face back like we saw the last 2 weeks & has tasted blood again, everybody else is just a squirrel trying to find a nut. He's back ....

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

It's crazy that Tiger is number 1 again and we are still debating whether he is back. And that argument can still be made that he is NOT back until he cashes in a couple of majors. But seriously, Tiger won a couple times last year and three times this year, which equals Luke Donald's entire PGA career won total! He's judged by a different standard than ervryone else.

Occam's razor

Originally Posted by CraiginKSA

It's crazy that Tiger is number 1 again and we are still debating whether he is back. And that argument can still be made that he is NOT back until he cashes in a couple of majors. But seriously, Tiger won a couple times last year and three times this year, which equals Luke Donald's entire PGA career won total!

He's judged by a different standard than ervryone else.

The thing I dont get is people claiming he has to win a major before they will consider he is back again.

Well, given the fact he HAS beaten all of the best golfers in the world in three of the last competitions Im not sure what winning a major will actually prove...apart from him winning just another competition?

Then again, the haters will move on to something else like how they will only consider him back once he has won 2 majors in back to back years or something.

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Mailman, Tiger winning at Bayhill means he's back? Me thinks not. He always plays well there, and yes, for him to be considered as 'being back' he has to win a Major. He's Tiger, that's the standard with him.

I think he's got a great shot at winning one this year, and I think that one is more than likely going to be The Masters. He looks like himself on the greens again. That said, driving accuracy might just keep him out of the green jacket.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

Originally Posted by muggs

Mailman, Tiger winning at Bayhill means he's back? Me thinks not. He always plays well there, and yes, for him to be considered as 'being back' he has to win a Major. He's Tiger, that's the standard with him.

I think he's got a great shot at winning one this year, and I think that one is more than likely going to be The Masters. He looks like himself on the greens again. That said, driving accuracy might just keep him out of the green jacket.

????  Winning 3 mf'n tournaments already this year means he is back.... geez muggs you are an ass.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Mailman, Tiger winning at Bayhill means he's back? Me thinks not. He always plays well there, and yes, for him to be considered as 'being back' he has to win a Major. He's Tiger, that's the standard with him. I think he's got a great shot at winning one this year, and I think that one is more than likely going to be The Masters. He looks like himself on the greens again. That said, driving accuracy might just keep him out of the green jacket.

If Tiger's not "back," then no one but himself a half-dozen years ago was ever "there." He's won 6 times in the past 13 months, at some of the most competitive (field strength-wise) tournaments in the world.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Tiger has the followers and the haters but when he is on he is exciting to watch. Golf needs him, he is charismatic and if your in his corner or not the fact that most people like watch him play says a lot.

IMO he does not need to win a major to be #1 but that is just me.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Note: This thread is 4000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!