IGNORED

My Swing (Jetfan1983)

JetFan1983

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Yea, I know. Waddayagonnado? It's sad.

That's why you have the connection look. Because you're straight-armed so long, then your right arm folds FAST. Better to fold it earlier, then it won't need to fold so fast that you can't stop it.

That makes sense. Seriously though, I worked on folding it more for maybe 2-3 swings today then decided to just go back to rotation.

I'll do some mirror work on it tonight or something.... Sad since this is the first thing you told me fix two years ago. Ugh.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Sad since this is the first thing you told me fix two years ago. Ugh.

I laughed for 30 seconds about that.

I think you know how I felt. It wasn't bad at all toward you… just, it really amused me. This kind of stuff happens ALL THE TIME. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Sad since this is the first thing you told me fix two years ago. Ugh.

I laughed for 30 seconds about that.

I think you know how I felt. It wasn't bad at all toward you… just, it really amused me. This kind of stuff happens ALL THE TIME. :)

Hehe, well, I'm laughing too over here, except I'm also secretly crying inside.

Ughhhhhhhhhh. This game makes me crazy.

Well, at least thanks for making me feel better about how I'm not alone in this thing. :-D

Constantine

Hehe, well, I'm laughing too over here, except I'm also secretly crying inside. Ughhhhhhhhhh. This game makes me crazy.  Well, at least thanks for making me feel better about how I'm not alone in this thing. :-D

Definitely not alone. We're all secretly suffering together. Lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Hehe, well, I'm laughing too over here, except I'm also secretly crying inside.

Ughhhhhhhhhh. This game makes me crazy.

Well, at least thanks for making me feel better about how I'm not alone in this thing.

Appreciate it, EJ.

Constantine

Yes, but there is joy in suffering when it comes to golf. Better than suffering at work, right?

- Shane

• 3 weeks later...

I finally decided to tackle my lack of right arm fold today and was pleasantly surprised with how I hit the ball. When I tried to fix this two years ago, I hit everything fat, dead right or dead left. It just didn't work. Now I have more pieces in place and this actually wasn't so bad. A lot of other stuff went haywire -- swing got too long, swing plane wasn't so good, head moving around on the downswing (but some of that stuff just happens anyway, just worse) -- but I think this is gonna actually be fixed at some point this year. Fingers crossed!

I'm feeling like my right arm is folding early and hard. That's "my backswing" right now. I think of nothing else. I hate backswing swing thoughts, but I really need to fix this problem. Anyway, good progress!

Sorry the camera's a bit too far left, but I was really only looking at what my right arm was doing. Everything else I said, "screw it. Don't worry about it."

Constantine

@JetFan1983 .  Is there a pre-shot you use to emphasize this?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Look at my My Swing thread and get yourself an elastic band or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good work JetFan...and looking stylish as always..

Hehe. B-)

@JetFan1983 .  Is there a pre-shot you use to emphasize this?

The first thing I did was say, "wow, I am really bitter over this flaw and I'm going to fix this ASAP if it kills me." I have a full length mirror I bought from Target in my living room, so I used that from DTL and nailed down the feel I need to make it bend the night before this range session. The first feel I tried was feeling like I was completely bending the arm by A3, meaning I had about 10 degrees of separation between my forearm and biceps. Basically just overdoing the hell out of it. Then I worked on toning it down from there.

When I got the range, I had a feel I knew I could trust. My only concern was how badly I was going to hit the ball, but decided to say screw it. Just hit it like shit until this is fixed. I used the five "Ss" and was surprised that I made good contact really the entire time.

The swing video here is the last ball I hit in the session. I cut out the pre-shot thing I did which is a waggle to A2 where I bend the arm a good amount. My last swing thought before pulling the trigger is "bending the right arm is your backswing," meaning, I have to remind myself to leave everything else in the swing to muscle memory and then just living with whatever happens. As long as the right arm folds more, I'm happy, no matter how bad the rest of the swing looks.

Look at my My Swing thread and get yourself an elastic band or something.

I just reminded myself of what you were doing by re-reading it (read that post when you first made it). Plus, I recall the section in Lowest Score Wins where you and Dave talked about Dave working on this too and how he (and now you) did it. I was very much inspired by that little part of the book (in addition to you pointing this out to me a couple weeks ago).

Pretty good progress here though by me, no? I'm pretty happy with this after just one day.

Constantine

The range is closed due to all the rain this week, and the practice green is under construction, so I was forced to play a practice round. I really wanted to work on my swing and not play, so I filmed a couple shots (holes 3 and 4).

Pretty ugly. Another single showed up behind me right after this driver tee shot, so I decided to play with him and ended up playing pretty well. I stopped working on my swing, slowed down to make sure I made solid contact, and hit it fine. I cranked my driver loft up to 12 degrees, which has helped. My "slow" swing carries about 240 yards and gets no roll right now. My distances seem to vary quite a bit though. 260 some days, but right now, I'm fine with what I'm getting... for now. Certainly far enough to play, but not what I'd like.

I like these practice swings I'm making besides being too connected on this first 8 iron swing. If only I could do something close to this when actually hitting the ball. Oh well. In time perhaps.

155 yard par 3. 8 iron. Pull draw, but I left myself about 20 feet for birdie. Totally thinned. Swing's too long. Ugh. Oh well. I really want to go to the range, but practicing on a fairly empty course is always good too. I ended up making a par.

On this par 4, which is about 370 yards, I really like this practice swing. It's a tough drive as there's water left and trees right. You can bail out waaaaay right and still have a shot into the green though. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I did, landing in the fairway of the fifth hole. I only had 100 yards left and made a par though.

Like an idiot, you can see I'm aimed directly at the trees. The fairway is pretty small. Dumb. I guess I really wanted to avoid the water. Should've checked my alignment, but at the time, I was working on my actual swing and didn't pay enough attention to it. Anyway, I swung waaaay too hard and sliced it.

I still like this practice swing though... unless someone here says it's bad.

Not happy with my swing. It's so ugly. But somehow it's useable.

Constantine

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.  You are a little steep at A5 in both swings, which is exactly what I am fighting.  Is your flight a straight draw every time?  My last session, I changed my swing thought to having the butt of the club point above the ball at A5.  It helped the driver flight, although I was still steep.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.  You are a little steep at A5 in both swings, which is exactly what I am fighting.  Is your flight a straight draw every time?  My last session, I changed my swing thought to having the butt of the club point above the ball at A5.  It helped the driver flight, although I was still steep.

I agree with boogie.  Swing does not look ugly to me.  I have seen some pretty ugly ones out there.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

@JetFan1983 , I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again (and again, and again, if I have to): you are WAY too hard on yourself.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I agree with boogie.  Swing does not look ugly to me.  I have seen some pretty ugly ones out there.

I see one every time I get ready to post to my My Swing thread.

@JetFan1983, I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again (and again, and again, if I have to): you are WAY too hard on yourself.

+1

- Shane

JetFan, I'd gladly trade you swings any day of the week. You wanna see Ugly, you should see my swing... :-$