IGNORED

Dunlop 13 Driver - Beware

Gilberg
Note: This thread is 4137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My cousin (not legally but we are basically family) just dropped a few bucks on the new Dunlop 13 C- driver.  He is a hellova golfer but he gets scammed real eazy.  He was a Big-Oh the other day and pick up a couple wide-body Appalachian Ridge tires for his Geep and they offered to throw in the new Dunlop 13 C-, no strings attached.  He took the bait (yeah, I know), but when he went to the range he instantly lost about 1-2 yards of his tee shot.  Needless to say, he was pissed out of his mind and tried to return it.  But they would take it back since it was free and because they said they didn't have enough room for it.  So he is probably going to pop it up on ebay, so beware, cause it would most likely reduce your total driving statistic.

1 or 2 yards?    From a 250+ yard tee shot.  That's impossible to even measure that closely.  And he got it free from Big O with a purchase of Dunlop tires, but he still wanted to return it??

I think you have the right idea Meenman.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If he is that pissed about it, I suppose I could help out. I think I can find some room to store it. If you pay me twenty dollars, I will take it off his hands.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Scammed,LOL??? The guys at Big-O must been laughing their butts off.

"This driver is crap! I demand my nothing back!!"

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I can't believe he fell for it. The old free Dunlop driver scam............:-P
  • Upvote 2

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by Gilberg

My cousin (not legally but we are basically family) just dropped a few bucks on the new Dunlop 13 C- driver.  He is a hellova golfer but he gets scammed real eazy.  He was a Big-Oh the other day and pick up a couple wide-body Appalachian Ridge tires for his Geep and they offered to throw in the new Dunlop 13 C-, no strings attached.  He took the bait (yeah, I know), but when he went to the range he instantly lost about 1-2 yards of his tee shot.  Needless to say, he was pissed out of his mind and tried to return it.  But they would take it back since it was free and because they said they didn't have enough room for it.  So he is probably going to pop it up on ebay, so beware, cause it would most likely reduce your total driving statistic.

Welcome to Earth, we hope you enjoy your stay.

dak4n6

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

What's a "Geep"?

LOL!

So the Big O guys wouldn't take back the free driver because they didn't have enough room? How big is this driver?

Personally never been that upset with something given to me for absolutely nothing.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

My cousin (not legally but we are basically family) ...

I was puzzling over what this meant - how is someone your cousin but not legally? I've heard the saying, "He's like a brother to me"... is it like that only not quite as good?

So then I went to work on figuring out why a tire store is giving away golf equipment.  Didn't get very far.

So then I tried to figure out how you reconcile "dropped a few bucks" on a driver with "they offered to throw it in, no strings attached".

It was at that point I realized I should probably get back to my cat herding since that would be easier than deciphering this post.

• Upvote 1

Bill

but when he went to the range he instantly lost about 1-2 yards of his tee shot.  Needless to say, he was pissed out of his mind and tried to return it.

Yeah, it drives me absolutely crazy when my drive goes 269 instead of the normal 270 I'm used to.

• Upvote 1

dak4n6

Engrish mother farter! Do you speak it?!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Originally Posted by ejimsmith

Engrish mother farter! Do you speak it?!

"What ain't no planet I ever heard of. Do they speak English on What?"

One of the GOAT movie segments. Ever.

dak4n6

Yeah, it drives me absolutely crazy when my drive goes 269 instead of the normal 270 I'm used to. :pound:

I can't be reasoned with when something I get for free only performs 99.7% as well as something else I paid full value for! I mean is this 'Merica or what? Some kind of communist scheme if you ask me!

"SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!"

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

??????

As for Dunlop sports gear it is shit. Mike Ashley's Sport Direct chain have bought up a load of formerly reputable brands and taken them to the bottom end of quality - Slazenger, Dunlop, Lonsdale and various others - including Newcastle United.

He's done some good deals though. Westwood and Clarke wore the brand for free but get a huge bonus if they win a Major, good for Clarke not so much for Westwood.

Note: This thread is 4137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!