IGNORED

The 2013 Tampa Bay Championship Presented by Everbank Discussion Thread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 4026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Group 19

8:30 am

Donald, Luke

Choi, K.J.

Furyk, Jim

Group 20

8:40 am

Garcia, Sergio

Simpson, Webb

Kaymer, Martin

Will be walking with these two groups this a.m........

Thats awesome, enjoy!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

We took a golf trip to the Tampa area last year the week after this tournament, and played the Copperhead course that Wednesday.  I REALLY liked this course.  I've played a handfull of top-notch courses, and this ranks #2 on my list behind only Merion (east).  As you'd expect the week after the tour was there, the course was in phenominal condition.  Even more than that was the layout.  As others have mentioned, the elevation changes as well as the interesting routing through the trees really makes this a special course.  Also, it was pretty cool to be playing while much of the equipment and grandstands were still there (I know some of the stuff is "permanent").

I normally want to go to a new destination for our yearly golf trip, but I would consider taking another trip to Tampa just to play here again....it's that good (imo).

As a side note: If anyone is thinking about going to the Tampa area for a golf trip, I would also highly recommend playing both courses at World Woods.  One course is modeled after Pine Valley, and the other is modeled after Augusta; both are Tom Fazio designs. The Pine Barrons course used to be in the "Top 100 Courses" list and gets all the (well deserved) acclaim, but our group agreed that Rolling Oaks should not be skipped.

Driver:       Cobra AMP Cell - Blue

Fairway:    TM Rocketballz Stage 2  *17
Hybrids:    Callaway X2 Hot 19* and 22*
Irons:        Mizuno MX-23 5-PW
Wedges:   Cleveland 588  51*, 56*, 60*

Putter:      Scotty Cameron GoLo Customized

Ball:          Srixon Z Star (2013)

Thanks for posting Rick, might want to edit the date of this video

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Little chilly (mid-60s), breezy today. Spent about 10 hours out at Innisbrook. Will return w/ my father tomorrow a.m. for a few hours.   Respect for these pros - long holes, tight fairways, fast greens -

32 8:30 am Brown, Scott Thompson, Michael Kuchar, Matt
33 8:40 am Scott, Adam Day, Jason Ogilvy, Geoff
34 8:50 am Yang, Y.E. Kelly, Jerry Weir, Mike
35 9:00 am Woodland, Gary Baddeley, Aaron Garrigus, Robert

Spent today walking with these groups - mostly between the Kuchar group and the Scott, Day, and Ogilvy group. Beautiful day out there today in Tampa (Tarpon Springs).

Going out bright and early tomorrow and Sunday.

Unfortunately, Charlie Beljan didn't make the cut. I hope to see him at the Arnold Palmer Invitational. I noticed that he has a clinic on Monday at Orange County National -

Did anyone catch his story on NBC Rock Center last night?

Here's a link to the the video: hope it works.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp/51203476#51203476

I kinda hope Adam Scott pulls this one out. I do wish he'd stop using that stoooopid putter though. I keep waiting to hear a fart when he's putting.

:nike:Covert Tour

:wilson_staff: Fybrid RS 15*

Irons??

:tmade: Tour Preffered 54* & 60* w/ ATV grind

:rife: Trinidad Tropical

Having only looked at the first page of the leader board, I'm pulling for KJ. Edit* just saw an updated leader board, gonna send a little love to Dufner and Kooch too. So I guess I have 3 horses in this race.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Dear KJ, Thanks for reminding me why I'm not a betting man. Jason

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Dang, that was not a good final group. Hope tomorrow is a bit better. Although, I am always happy to see Scott struggle some.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

No Luke Donald love? He's a fantastic guy and #3 in the world to boot. And when was the last time J Leonard had a lead after 54?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Pulling for Justin Leonard. Don't think he'll do it - but he could use a win big time in his career right now.  Really, anybody's ballgame.

Headed out early today for early pairings - then coming home to watch the leaders on GC and NBC.

Nice round by Boo.  Great ball striker but a really crappy putter, great to see him make some putts today

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Boo Weekley shot a 63 and has a share of the lead. Has there been a PGA Tour event where none of the winner's shots were live on network broadcast?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by mvmac

Nice round by Boo.  Great ball striker but a really crappy putter, great to see him make some putts today

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Boo Weekley shot a 63 and has a share of the lead. Has there been a PGA Tour event where none of the winner's shots were live on network broadcast?

Don't know ... but I can't imagine it has happened much.  Did you see his awesome post round interview?

The announcer led him with "You kind of ruined your afternoon with this round, tell us why."  And he responded with something like "Well, I was gonna go up err'n Orlando an cetch some bass. But this is OK too."  Then the announcer asked if he saw this coming, and said "Nope."  Dude's awesome!  We need him the learn how to putt!

Note: This thread is 4026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!